Does your romantic life (dating, hookups, etc.) increase in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazmel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does your romantic life (dating, hookups, etc.) increase in dental school? I was thinking that it might, because there are so many people similar to you.

Also, are there many ‘love triangles’ due to the smaller class size in dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

uuuummmm...... how would we know this??

date ppl in the other professions (optometry, nursing, pharm, med, etc.). save yourself the classroom drama.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does your romantic life (dating, hookups, etc.) increase in dental school? I was thinking that it might, because there are so many people similar to you.

Also, are there many ‘love triangles’ due to the smaller class size in dental school?

Try to keep the soap opera drama to a minimum. You have to see these people for 40+ hours a week for the next four years.

LOL, you sound a bit sexually repressed. Though I'm not in dental school I think I can take a stab at the question... NO, your romantic life will not become more active in dental school. How could it? As an undergrad, you have more free time, there is a larger pool to choose from, people get drunk more often which facilitates hook-ups, everyone is adventurous, etc... Additionally, I believe a lot of people will go into dental school with significant others. I know a decent amount of people in d-school are married or get married to someone they knew before arriving. I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I think you're dreaming a bit.

I hope I'm wrong ;)

ive heard that dentists tend to marry other dentists. i was just wondering what the reason is?

Because they study in the same class/school and see each other and maybe like each other. What a girly topic :)

I plan on playing the "Dr. card" with every honey I meet. I doubt my numbers will increase though because my game is already soooo smooth

I dont know about you all, but ughhh.. it pains me to think about how crazy some 20 year old girls were back in the day. I cant imagine dental school even approaching it.

giggity giggity...alrighttttt

ive heard that dentists tend to marry other dentists. i was just wondering what the reason is?

haha. my parents are both dentists and met in d-school. but they were also both 27 when they started school and a lot older than their other classmates (although some of their best friends from dental school are also married to other dentists). I don't know...it worked for my parents, but i think they might have been a rare case.

I think when we inject each other with novacaine, it could be a bonding experience, so buddy up with a hottie

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a reason that the days/nights when dental students test nitrous on each other are hush hush. Maybe you can get lucky there :laugh:

? i know asdoh does that too.. as well as many other schools. oh those crazies ;)

That makes me want to go to ADSOH even more. I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF NEEDLES! As long as it's not going into my pupil or anything.

I don't see your love life increasing in DS unless you make the effort for it to. I guess it's easier to get to know people because you see the same people every day for hours a day.

to be honest, the reason i wanna go to dschool is to get girls :rolleyes:. when my interviewers asked me "why dentistry?", i had to fib so hard sigh

to be honest, the reason i wanna go to dschool is to get girls :rolleyes:. when my interviewers asked me "why dentistry?", i had to fib so hard sigh

lmao! :laugh:

man, u guys and gals have been watching WAY TOO MUCH greys anatomy/ER and all those other ridiculous medical shows that suggests that all healthcare providers do is sleep around with each other, simply not true

my wife's in medical school (im a hopeful dental student) and ive observed through her class and the classes of all of my friends in professional schools that roughly half the people that enter already have sig others, 1/4 are actively trying to hook up, and 1/4 refuse to date their peers to avoid having their personal lives talked about the rest of their classmates

now i havent published anything yet in the New England Journal of Hooking Up, but i hope to very soon

man, u guys and gals have been watching WAY TOO MUCH greys anatomy/ER and all those other ridiculous medical shows that suggests that all healthcare providers do is sleep around with each other, simply not true

Dream wrecker

Dental school is generally a very stressful environment.

Men often look to women to "relieve stress"
Women's libido is spiked higher than men during stress...

See where I'm getting?

more spiked than your hair?

Dental school is generally a very stressful environment.

Men often look to women to "relieve stress"
Women's libido is spiked higher than men during stress...

See where I'm getting?

I wish that is how it worked.

LOL

His picture reminds me of this guy...

MY NEW ****ING HAIRCUT!
That's hilarious.

I've always wondered how people find these random, hilarious videos off youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
That's hilarious.

I've always wondered how people find these random, hilarious videos off youtube.

its not random, its classic!!!! Jager Bomb :cool:

I have a friend in med school and she goes out all the time. She's dated/hooked up with a couple classmates (and yeah, when they broke up, there was/still is a TON of drama). But yeah, I have no idea how she has the time, but she's always going to concerts and out to bars and clubs and stuff with friends, and she meets a ton of guys that way. So she dates a lot, just usually not people at school. And I was talking to a dental student once (I think he was D4), and he said his social life was the same, if not better, than it was in undergrad.

So take that for what it's worth. That's probably not the norm, but it seems like it's completely possible to have a social life (and therefore meet a SO outside of school).

Not true for YOU, not the rest of us. ;)

you're married! I'm sure to a lovely woman. Therefore, I think you'd be blind to the crazy Greys'esque "sex web" that will be going on with all of your colleagues :D:thumbup:. One person gets The Clap? Oh no, we all got it now. No, it's not just a Grey's Anatomy plotline, it's real man. Scary real. :cool:

cheers mate

:love::love:

hahaha!!! lol...ok ok, maybe some of you are getting lucky, but always be careful!

ive got close med school grads (now residents) whose sex lives didn't pick up until residency so, i guess it all depends on the individual situation, but this remark would support the greys theory...d'yikes!!!

I plan on playing the "Dr. card" with every honey I meet. I doubt my numbers will increase though because my game is already soooo smooth

HA!...Yea right... go ahead and tell a girl you meet at a bar that you are in dental school. You'll get "So are you going to be a hygienist?" or "what is that like a 2 year program?" or "ew, so you want to look in peoples mouths all day" or "why do you want to clean people's teeth" or "I hate the dentist" or "so you couldn't get in to medical school?" Not everyone respects dentists as much as we do.

As far as in class dating... we have about 4 couples in our class. We have 49 women and 36 men...HOWEVER, a huge majority (I'm talking about 75%) of the class is married, engaged, or in a serious relationship. its probably a better idea to date in the class ahead or behind your..... Or if you have a hygiene school that has its classes right next door to the freshman classes...and often has breaks at the same time as the DMDs (ahem, Louisville) i'd go along that route.:D

SO, ehat you are saying is, with the high proportion of people in serious relationships in D-school, there is plenty of opportunity to create scandal

HA!...Yea right... go ahead and tell a girl you meet at a bar that you are in dental school. You'll get "So are you going to be a hygienist?" or "what is that like a 2 year program?" or "ew, so you want to look in peoples mouths all day" or "why do you want to clean people's teeth" or "I hate the dentist" or "so you couldn't get in to medical school?" Not everyone respects dentists as much as we do.
if the girl is asking those questions, it is not the airhead girl you want to date anyway ;)
i:love:dentists lol

A lot of women dream about marrying a doctor or a dentist. When I tell people I've gotten into dental school, I see a real change in behavior in the girls around me in class, etc.

My friend who is a dental student has a lot of girls following around/ wanting to hang out. Now I'm not saying dental students are wild players who use this to their advantage (at least not the majority of them), but it's a paradigm that definitely does exist.

I think that marrying another dentist would be a good idea but I would work in separate practices just so you don't have to see each other 24/7. It's good to get a break :)

A lot of women dream about marrying a doctor or a dentist. When I tell people I've gotten into dental school, I see a real change in behavior in the girls around me in class, etc.

That's cheating the system; telling women you're a Dentist is just a cheap fallback if you got no game. If they ask, I'm telling women I meet that I'm Joe the plumber, or a submarine screen-door repairman, and if they stick around regardless than they will reap the benefits of my 200 G's a yr. :cool:

That's cheating the system; telling women you're a Dentist is just a cheap fallback if you got no game. If they ask, I'm telling women I meet that I'm Joe the plumber, or a submarine screen-door repairman, and if they stick around regardless than they will reap the benefits of my 200 G's a yr. :cool:

saying that you are a dentist doesn't mean that u don't have game. it is a perk to the game that you bring. ;)

if a guy told me that he is "Joe the plumber, or a submarine screen-door repairman" I would be totally turned off. Its better to say nothing, than to lie and make yourself sound worse.

If you tell the girl you're a broke-***** dental student then you have justification for not paying for the dates! LOL

That is a really cool idea.
I actually thought about this alot.
But I have found that respectable ppl who have high morals and value education will not want to go out with some one who is a plumber and has no aspirations. So usually the people that will stick by you are the other blue-collared people.
So maybe instead of plumber, you want to say teacher or something like that. That way, you know they are not with you for the money, but professional people still respect that. Also, when you do tell the truth, they won't be that mad that you were just testing them. After all, by being a dentist, you can still teach/ lecture at a dental school (at least I want to :D).

But overall, great idea! If I were a guy, personally, I would go around telling women I want to be a teacher when I think a gold-digger is interested in me. I know so many girls that are gold-diggers that is actually kinda sad, including my best friend :eek:

Its better to say nothing, than to lie and make yourself sound worse.

First of all, it's not a lie, it's a joke :laugh:. And second of all, you're right! :) If a girl asks "what do you do?" or "where do you work?" it's better to just say nothing, and then walk away, and find another girl who is less materialistic.

saying that you are a dentist doesn't mean that u don't have game. it is a perk to the game that you bring. ;)

if a guy told me that he is "Joe the plumber, or a submarine screen-door repairman" I would be totally turned off. Its better to say nothing, than to lie and make yourself sound worse.

In the wise words of Kanye..."now I ain't sayin you a gold digger..."

That is a really cool idea.
I actually thought about this alot.
But I have found that respectable ppl who have high morals and value education will not want to go out with some one who is a plumber and has no aspirations. So usually the people that will stick by you are the other blue-collared people.

Perhaps that this is different from your experience, but I've found that there are amazing intelligent and fun women from any major or any profession. I really don't care where she works, as long as she isn't lazy and works somewhere, and as long as it isn't at a burger joint or a brothel.

So maybe instead of plumber, you want to say teacher or something like that. That way, you know they are not with you for the money, but professional people still respect that. Also, when you do tell the truth, they won't be that mad that you were just testing them. After all, by being a dentist, you can still teach/ lecture at a dental school (at least I want to :D).

Exactly. Women start throwing **** tests at us from the second they meet us, we men need to have high standards and test them as well, to see if they have long-term potential. It's only fair. Who wants to date a golddigger? not me.

But overall, great idea! If I were a guy, personally, I would go around telling women I want to be a teacher when I think a gold-digger is interested in me. I know so many girls that are gold-diggers that is actually kinda sad, including my best friend :eek:

I don't blame the women that are gold-diggers. It's evolution, it maximizes their chance for survival and the survival of their offspring. At least according to Evolutionary Psychology. Though I don't blame them, I'm going to avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.