Does your school rank affect starting salary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Medicine is business. So, you think of money first, every patient is certain amount of dollars. Unfortunately it is true.

I think that maybe you haven't worked with very good PTs or at least ones that have any backbone or ability to communicate. If I start talking shop with the physicians I work with they just tell me to stop and send eval and treat orders. the ONLY things I really listen to when I get a referral from a doc is what they specifically DON'T want me to do. I respect that because they are the only people that really poked and prodded around inside a surgical shoulder or knee and have the best feel for how solid, let's say, a rotator cuff repair was.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I worked with someone from a top-tier PT school as a new grad. I went to a lesser known school. She and I were so similar, it was scary. We even looked alike, and were both new grads. Anyway, we became extremely close and ended up disclosing our hiring pay. It was the exact same. As far as I know, that's pretty standard...