Dog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inspiringdentgal

Reaction score
Should I get a dog? How hard is it to balance a dog and dental school. Never owned a dog just dog sitter!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are going to get one wait until you are about to graduate, they are expensive and you don't have time for one either.

Members don't see this ad :)
A dog requires a lot of time and money. What if you need to take your dog to the vet for an emergency and you have an exam that morning? Faculty will likely not be happy rescheduling a makeup for you. Be prepared to shell out a couple hundred/thousand in case of vet bills. Unless you have a spouse at home who works and can take care of the dog, I would not recommend it unless you had a support system at home to help with the dog. That being said, I had a dog during the end of school (D3/4 year) and she made my life 1000x better.

Reactions: 1 users
Most of my classmates with pets have a SO that isnt in dental school/working so they have help with taking care of the responsibilities. I want a pet, but wont get one until after graduation when I have higher income and a more consistent schedule

Reactions: 1 user
No, if you have to raise a dog with borrowed money. Try to minimize the debt as much as possible. Only take out the amount that you think you will need and not the maximum amount that you are allowed to borrow. You will thank yourself later.

Reactions: 1 users