done with my first semester of OT school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTgal03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO thought I share my application experience for those applying to schools..

I discovered my true passion to become an OT during my junior year in undergrad. I knew I had to take a year off before applying because I had to take 3 additional classes to take to graduate plus complete the applications and the GRE's (ugh I have no idea WHY they still ask for these when I do horrible on these exams that "determine" how you'll do in school, ugh I bombed the SAT's but managed to graduate magna cum laude for undergrad)...sorry about my little rant, ANYWAYS! I took a year off.. I had a total of 75 observations hours and 100+ volunteer hours working with people with disabilities. I would advise you to use your breaks to observe/volunteer and maybe try finding a job to gain experience...there are SO many volunteer opportunities out there! I would say GPA are important (some schools don't even require the GRE's). Just focus and work your butt off to do well. It's possible, I had a life and was still able to excel in my pre-reqs. Best advice is to check your professors ratings and choose GOOD professors, they honestly make or break your grade. Visit the schools you want to apply, get your name "known" in a good way of course. I did horrible on the GRE so I don't have much advice there. Oh and the essays, get them edited!!

I hope i helped! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.