Don't go to an interview without........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyper_74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't go to an interview without knowing the history and philosophy of osteopathic medicine.

I just got back from Kansas City from my UHS interview. The whole experience was great, but I was very surprised that some of my fellow applicants didn't seem to know a thing about osteopathic medicine. The day started with the vice president talking with us, and he asked a couple of easy questions to people like "who founded osteopathy?" and "what is the philosophy?". I couldn't believe that a couple of people didn't know.

If any of you guys have interviews coming up and don't know anything about osteopathic medicine, please research it. The vice president even said that he thought it shows disrespect to the osteopathic profession if you don't know. If you don't take the time to learn about osteopathic medicine, you are basically saying you could care less about the profession and don't really want to be there. Please don't waste the interviewer's time.

hyper

Members don't see this ad.

Don't to go an interivew at an osteopathic school and brag about how you applied to this school becuase it was cheap and easy...Oh and in the same conversation don't say that you really want to go to an allopathic school, but this (osteopathic school) is just a safety school...

Yes that was heard from students at my last interview at Ohio University....and yesthe majority of the students at the interview felt that way...

Please, Please...don't apply to D.O schools unles you truly want to be a D.O....and yes I'm going to a D.O school because I want to be a D.O.

**DoctorDoogie4 knows what I'm talking about

Hey hyper, do you know when the committee is supposed to meet and decide? I had my interview this past wednesday and theh student ambassadors said that they meet the 7th (today) and that we should hear from them next week some time. The doctor i interviewed with however said that I'll hear from them around the 20th? Did you hear anything different?

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the admissions office Monday morning...They will tell you over the phone. That's what I did...

Oh yikes!! Im getting nervous just thinking about it!:eek:

hey suzyQ,
They told me that they were going to meet on the 12th (Thurs) and mail letters out on the 13th. This is what my interviewers and a student ambassador told me. I know that it's only a few days away, but I don't know if I can make it that long. I agree about getting nervous, I keep thinking of better answers that I should have said to their questions, but I guess it's too late now. I just have to sit back and hope the admissions committee likes me. Good luck, hyper ;)

Anyone else.....What do you ask admissions when you call to find out if you were accepted? Do you just say, "Hey, I'm hyper, did I get in?"

Are you still going to the DMU interview on the 12th? I read in the Dec interviews thread that you are interviewing then. :) Im interviewing that day also :D

Hey ya'll....

I agree with DoctorToBee about the DO desire. Many people in our interview group were using DO schools as backups to MD schools. Only would they acknowledge osteopathic medicine if it was the only school they got into. I have done much research on the school and philosophy while others in our group just applied because it's another option to practice medicine. I turned down MD offers because I know I want to be a DO. I believe in the philosophy and the health care delivery of osteopathic medicine. Hopefully, I will achieve my dream of becoming a DO...Good luck to all.

Are you still going to the DMU interview on the 12th? I read in the Dec interviews thread that you are interviewing then. Im interviewing that day also

yeah suzyQ, I'm planning on being in Des Moines on the 12th. UHS and DMU are my top 2 choices, so I'm glad that I'm getting these two interviews done first. When I finish my DMU interview that afternoon, I was going to call UHS to see if they have my verdict.

hyper :rolleyes: