don't let this happen to you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied this year very early, like in may everything was completed and set into the TEXAS processing center and sent out to the schools so I thought. I called yesterday to find out what was going on. Since everything was completed in July, I found out from two schools that they had lost/not recieved my letters of reccomedation that was over two months ago. Moral of the story, call the schools once everything has been sent. It really sucks. So much for appyling early.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought they all sent you letters confirming your complete application status.

I hate the AADSAS :mad:

Last year I applied first week of july and the schools didn't get a complete application until NOVEMBER!!!

I called about a week after I did the electronic app online and they said they had everything, transcripts, letters...everything

Every time they sent a new updated app to the schools, there was always something missing and it was pissing me off

Thank God its all over and schools were understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
the thing is, many things could go wrong. not just with AADSAS but also with the schools themselves.

i have had 3 bad situation already and 2 of them my fault.

-case western claimed they never recieved my check eventhough my statement showed that they had actually cashed it. the check was sent to the wrong dept.
-MIN claimed they never received my TOEFL score. that too was sent but somehow went to the wrong DEPT.
-U Mich never recievd my check, cuz i thought i had sent it.

so the moral of this story is that you all should call every single school and have them go over everything to make sure they have it.

trust me its worth it. i did it with 30 schools and i am sure you all can as well.

All the schools except San Antonio sent a letter stating that they recieved everything. So I thought I was in the clear. But when things didn't start happening, I called. Found out that one school did not recieve any letters of reccommendations. That is my strongs suit.

which one didn't receive your recommendation letters ?

hockeydentist,

May i use your thread to give one more piece of advice??

When asking for recommendations, alsways ask for people who you COMPLETELY trust that they would write and send the recommendation. part of the reason that i am re-applying is that my research advisor did not feel that i needed the recommendation. so although she told me that she sent out the recommendation, she did not send it out. and i did not realize this till late NOV when the schools were telling me that my application was incomplete (and they dont act upon incomplete files). and at this time she was on a filed trip in Papua New Guniea (sp??) and did not have access to anything. she had told this to one of the grad students before leaving for the field trip. so, i had to wait till she came back (in February) and ask her to send the letter "again"...

basically, she is the reason why i am not in dental school this year.

Stabbed From Behind Comet

UT houston says they didn't get anything, but they have been really short staffed so things are moving at snail pace.

but I was told Ut houston does not get into the interview flow untill october.