Don't submit a secondary?

Started by McHandsome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

McHandsome

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys

So during my primary school designations I applied to a school I'm no longer interested in but they sent me a secondary.


If I just don't turn in the secondary will this look bad to other schools? This cycle or if I have to reapply another cycle?
 
Just tell them you are withdrawing your application, although I don't see a problem with the "reverse silent rejection". Why don't you wait out to see if you change your mind again? Other schools only get to see where you got accepted.
 
Last edited:
Hey guys

So during my primary school designations I applied to a school I'm no longer interested in but they sent me a secondary.


If I just don't turn in the secondary will this look bad to other schools? This cycle or if I have to reapply another cycle?
How on Earth would other schools know? Even if they did (they don't) they do not care or even consider it.
 
Last edited:
To follow up on my learned colleague's post, DO schools can't tell who is applying where, either to DO or MD.


Please pass this on or repost as the dozens, perhaps hundreds, of times this question will arise on SDn

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/305002/canschoolsseeotherschools.html

Can schools see the names of or number of other schools that I applied to?
No. Schools will never know which other schools or how many other schools you applied to through AMCAS. In the February of each application cycle, schools will have access to the Multiple Acceptance Report, which will show them which of their accepted applicants are holding acceptances from other schools.

For example, let's say you applied to schools A, B, X, and Y. You were accepted by A and B. When the Multiple Acceptance Report becomes available, schools A and B will both see that you have been offered acceptance at the other school. You were rejected by school X, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. No action has been taken by school Y, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. If school Y accepts you a week later, school Y will then see that you are holding offers from A and B, and A and B will know that you now have an offer from Y as well.

In April of the application year, medical schools will have access to the National Acceptance Report, which lists every applicant with an acceptance or matriculated action.