Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Folks,
Can someone realistically tell me if the chances of DOs matching will decrease once the DOs residencies merge with MD residencies? I have heard that DOs and MDs residency programs are merging and I am scared that it will decrease the number of DOs matching now that they don't have their own DO residency programs and they will have to fight for a spot against AMG (MDs), Carribbeans (MDs) and IMGs.
Please suggest if pursuing DO at this point is still a good option and a residency is almost guaranteed considering the fact that a person scores decent in COMLEX.
Can someone realistically tell me if the chances of DOs matching will decrease once the DOs residencies merge with MD residencies? I have heard that DOs and MDs residency programs are merging and I am scared that it will decrease the number of DOs matching now that they don't have their own DO residency programs and they will have to fight for a spot against AMG (MDs), Carribbeans (MDs) and IMGs.
Please suggest if pursuing DO at this point is still a good option and a residency is almost guaranteed considering the fact that a person scores decent in COMLEX.