May 7, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey guys, are there any cons of using FAP besides waiting for the award to be awarded, if so how long does it usually take for them to give your award? Would faxing it make it faster for the documents to reach AADSAS?

May 7, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Mine was relatively quick. You are on top of things so any delay in time would be minimal, and definitely worth the ~$500
Hey schmoob thanks for replying. Did you mail your documents or fax them? Also, which documents were easy to obtain and send? Thanks!

About the Ads

schmoob

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2015
Hey schmoob thanks for replying. Did you mail your documents or fax them? Also, which documents were easy to obtain and send? Thanks!
No problem!
I'm sorry, I don't really remember. I think it was faxed, but honestly my wife did most of the legwork for that, lol.
Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer...

May 7, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Also
No problem!
I'm sorry, I don't really remember. I think it was faxed, but honestly my wife did most of the legwork for that, lol.
Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer...

That's fine! Also, by "within 10 days" do you know if that means submitting to each individual schools? Is there like a check box in AADSAS to apply to different school?

Toothout

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Also

That's fine! Also, by "within 10 days" do you know if that means submitting to each individual schools? Is there like a check box in AADSAS to apply to different school?
Yeah. You can apply only to the three that they pay for and submit. Later, you can go back and add/pay for more schools.

Kittenz

Class of 19'
5+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
If you're approved for FAP, make sure to call each school you're applying to and ask if they have a Supplemental Application Fee Waiver. Each school charges around $70 for supplemental fees, but it's a little secret that you can waive that if you show proof of FAP at most schools.

Reactions: 3 users

Toothout

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If you're approved for FAP, make sure to call each school you're applying to and ask if they have a Supplemental Application Fee Waiver. Each school charges around $70 for supplemental fees, but it's a little secret that you can waive that if you show proof of FAP at most schools.
Doesn't UCONN requires a letter directly from your Fin Aid office? That's what they told me yesterday when I called.

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Nice tip, thank you!

Kittenz

Class of 19'
5+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Doesn't UCONN requires a letter directly from your Fin Aid office? That's what they told me yesterday when I called.
They're the only school that did require that additional criterion. I had it done and everything worked out. I applied to 18 or so schools and I'd say that I had my supplemental fee waived at around 14 schools.

Reactions: 1 user

Toothout

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
They're the only school that did require that additional criterion. I had it done and everything worked out. I applied to 18 or so schools and I'd say that I had my supplemental fee waived at around 14 schools.
Nice. NYU asked me for my SAR. I sent it a week ago and got an email two days later saying they will review my info. Haven't heard back yet. Columbia also says in their website that FA Offcie needs to supply documentation. I called them and left a voicemail and haven't heard back.

Jun 27, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
so what's the requirement to get FAP? I thought about it, but I wasn't sure what the criteria was.
Do you have make under certain amount per year? or is it your background?

Typical Average Student

5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2014
Houston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I applied for FAP last year and got really anxious to submit my application asap so I ended up cancelling my FAP application and paying the extra money. I regretted it so much. The FAP is definitely worth the wait especially if its only an extra 1 or 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.