Quantcast

Downward trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doe22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So, I'm a senior with one more- possibly two- semesters to graduate. I'm extremely worried about the trend my GPA is going to have after this semester. I started to think that I may get two B+'s this semester after getting my third last semester in physics II. here's my GPA by semester. 3.6, 4.00, 4.00, 3.74, 3.83, 4.00, 3.66
should I consider a post bacc program?

Moko

(super fluffy)
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm a senior with one more- possibly two- semesters to graduate. I'm extremely worried about the trend my GPA is going to have after this semester. I started to think that I may get two B+'s this semester after getting my third last semester in physics II. here's my GPA by semester. 3.6, 4.00, 4.00, 3.74, 3.83, 4.00, 3.66
should I consider a post bacc program?
There will not be a downward trend if you do well in your final one/two semesters. You do not need a post-bac (unless it's to satisfy other requirements that cannot be completed while you're still in college).

Doe22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
There will not be a downward trend if you do well in your final one/two semesters. You do not need a post-bac (unless it's to satisfy other requirements that cannot be completed while you're still in college).
This is going to be extremely challenging, but I'm doing my best. Getting two B's is like the worst case scenario, and what makes it even worse is the fact that both will be in science classes.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A downward trend is when you go from a 3,8+ to a 3.2.

So chill, OP.

Reactions: 3 users

Doe22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
A downward trend is when you go from a 3,8+ to a 3.2.

So chill, OP.
That's a huge drop! I was worried about dropping to a 3.5. This is reassuring! Still going to try to prevent this from happening :joyful:

Reactions: 1 user

Cornfed101

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to work on your study strategies. If you are studying effectively there is no reason you can’t get an A. Going in with the intention of getting a B seems odd...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Doe22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to work on your study strategies. If you are studying effectively there is no reason you can’t get an A. Going in with the intention of getting a B seems odd...
I always worry about getting B's but end up with A's. If I lose more than 30 points on my final and my presentation together I'm getting a B+. It's not that I don't know how to study for an A. It's just that knowing I can't lose more than 30 points makes me feel uneasy. The only class I'm not worried about is chem based biochem. Organic chem is my strongest subject -got all A's in orgo I&II lecture and lab- which makes a mechanism heavy course relativly easy for me.