DPT 2017-2018 repeated prereqs ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessgreg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've filled out my transcript and now identifying my prerequisites to the schools I'm applying to.

For repeated courses, I see on the PTCAS instructions when indicating which course fulfills a prerequisite that:
  • If you repeated a course, match ALL attempts to the appropriate prerequisite.
For UCF, when I chose both my Anatomy attempts (1st attempt: C, 2nd attempt: A) it shows a grade of A when I save and it brings me back to choosing the rest of my prereqs for this school. This makes sense because I know they take the highest grade. The rest of the schools I'm applying to show a grade of C however and I am not positive on their repeated pre-req policy.

Is this implying that these other schools do not accept repeated prerequisites and will only take your first attempt? Or has it not been reflected at this stage on how they calculate the GPA? Some other schools I am applying to are UF, UNF, USF.

Wanted to check here to see if anyone knew off the top of their head. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You can check whether a school considers all attempts at prerequisites or jus the highest grade by going to their PTCAS listing.

I checked UF for you, it states "Program considers all attempts at courses when calculating GPAs." meaning they'll take your first attempt into account as well.
Here is their page: Program Listing

Couldn't find UNF's policy, but USF is the same as UF... "f a course is repeated, the program includes in GPA calculations all grades earned for that course. No grades are dropped."

But it surprises me that it shows up as a C for you for those schools and not the average of the two. Which would give you a B.

For retakes my application is only showing 1 grade too, and I think it is just showing the grade for the first attempt.