DPT Application Cycle 2019-2020 - 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from Regis University waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone on this forum attending RMU as part of the May cohort?

UND vs RMU pro's and con's????
RMU has 10weeks more of clinical and over 4000 sites to choose from, UND has a longer history (older program, higher ranking, and traditional campus). What are everyone's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
over 4000 sites to choose from,
Just be mindful of how number of clinical sites are advertised and what it really means. Schools set up contracts with clinical sites, and usually advertise the number of contracts they have as possible affiliations. But then each site gets to choose how many spots (if any) they have to offer each round for students. This can mean programs with 1000+ affiliations are still scrambling to find enough openings for their students for any given clinical. Also, schools vary in how much choice students actually have. Just be mindful that the number of sites doesn't mean you will necessarily be able to go to anywhere you'd like! Otherwise overall, what is the cost difference? Cheaper is most likely the better option!

Has anyone heard back from these programs: USC-Hybrid, Emory & Henry, or Daemen College?

Has anyone heard back from these programs: USC-Hybrid, Emory & Henry, or Daemen College?

I got into USC hybrid but declined. I know a few a people that got in and people who haven’t heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to post, but here's mine:

Early Decision: N/A
Regular Decision: Chapman (Summer and Fall), CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, West Coast University, Western University of Health Sciences, Pacific University, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Regis University

#1 choice: Chapman University

Accepted: Chapman (Summer) !!!
Interview granted: Western U, Regis, West Coast (declined), Rocky Mountain (declined)
Waitlisted: Western and Regis
Denied: CSU Long Beach and Northridge, Pacific U

Attending: Chapman!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: CSUN, CSULB, Chapman Univ(both summer & fall), West Coast Univ, WesternU, MidwesternU - Glendale

Accepted: MidwesternU - Glendale (2/6)
Interview granted: MidwesternU-Glendale(1/24), WesternU (2/4)
Waitlisted: MidwesternU - Glendale (1/30)
Denied: CSUN, CSULB,

Attending: MidwesternU-Glendale, although still waiting for CA schools.

———————————
STATS
GPAc : 3.23
GPAp : 2.93
GRE: 152v/156q/4.0

Hours: 4+ years in Sports medicine (ATC “aide”)
3.5 years in out-patient PT (aide)
100ish hours in in-patient PT (SNF)

Tips: Interviews are your best selling point! Especially if you don’t have the best grades (ahem me!!!!) I also recommend looking for schools that fit your profile. After a couple rounds of applications it got exhausting trying to compare with the 4.0++ student with 160 GRE scores. Some schools are looking for character rather than grades, Midwestern and Western are those types. Chapman is the opposite, they don’t require essay nor do interviews, all they look at is grades (but for me, worth a shot since campus is a short bike ride from my house! )

Good luck to all who are still waiting!
And for those who didn’t get in this year, DON’T GIVE UP, dig deep and find your passion. I think it really took me getting rejected a couple times to really figure out why I wanted to be a PT! I hope it does the same for you.

UPDATE
Early Decision
: No
Regular Decision: CSUN, CSULB, Chapman Univ(both summer & fall), West Coast Univ, WesternU, MidwesternU - Glendale

Accepted: MidwesternU - Glendale (2/6)
Interview granted: MidwesternU-Glendale(1/24), WesternU (2/4)
Waitlisted: CSULB (lowtier), MidwesternU - Glendale (1/30), WesternU (2/28), Chapman- Summer (3/2)
Denied: CSUN, West Coast

Attending: MidwesternU-Glendale, although still waiting for CA schools.

**UPDATE**

Early Decision
: None
Regular Decision: Thomas Jefferson University, Chatham University, High Point, LIU and possibly a few more depending on how these interviews go...

#1 choice: Right now I'm feeling Thomas Jefferson University! But that could change... I will be happy and grateful to attend any program.

Accepted: THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY (10/17)!!! :soexcited:
Interview granted
: Thomas Jefferson (10/3), Chatham (11/2), High Point (declined)
Waitlisted: None
Denied: None

Attending: THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY (At this point in time, but I still have 1-2 more interviews to go)
**FINAL UPDATE**

Early Decision: None
Regular Decision: Thomas Jefferson University, Chatham University, High Point, LIU-Brooklyn, USC (residential)

#1 choice: None

Accepted: Thomas Jefferson University (10/17), Chatham University (11/14), USC (1/2)
Interview granted: Thomas Jefferson (10/3), Chatham (11/2), High Point (declined), LIU-Brooklyn (declined)
Waitlisted: None
Denied: None

Attending: USC!!! :soexcited:

I just could not pass up this awesome program and the opportunities that come with it. I can’t wait to become a Trojan in the fall. Fight On!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an acceptance from Carroll University today! I will be taking the offer since I am far down the waitlist at NIU. Anyone else received anything from Carroll?

Anyone hear from Alvernia University or the University of St. Augustine (Fall 2020 Residential program) ?

Regular Decision: Arcadia, Temple, Drexel, USciences, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton, Nazareth College

#1 Choice: Arcadia

Accepted: USciences
Interview Granted: Temple, USciences
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson, Drexel
Denied: TBD

Attending: TBD

Good luck everyone!
Haven't updated this in a while!

Accepted: USciences, Temple, Arcadia
Denied: Scranton, Nazareth College

Attending: Arcadia!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anything about Duke's waitlist process or has anyone heard back yet?

Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone program start dates?

Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone program start dates?

This is something I’m concerned with.... I was accepted to a school and need to claim my seat by March 23rd.. but I’m waiting on my first choice school to get back to me with a decision. I don’t know if the shutdowns will affect the timing of the decision I’m waiting for. This is super stressful lol. I don’t want to claim my seat yet, but the program I was accepted to starts in May. The program I’m waiting on starts in Fall. So there’s a lot that’s up in the air right now. I’ll keep you guys updated if I hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it will change start dates but I have absolutely gotten auto reply emails saying admissions teams are out of office until late April. This means waitlist processing is for sure delayed.

I was thinking the same thing... I’m waitlisted at a program that starts in June so I am concerned that the waitlist process and/or the start of the program will be affected

Has anyone heard from University of Scranton? I tried to contact them a few times and still don’t have a decision...

Regular Decision: Marymount University, University of Puget Sound, University of Washington, Samuel Merritt University, UCSF/SFSU, VCU, GWU

#1 choice: GWU

Accepted: GWU
Interview granted: Marymount, UCSF/SFSU, GWU
Waitlisted: Samuel Merritt, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Marymount University
Denied: UCSF/SFSU, VCU

Attending: GWU

Final Update:

Applied: UCF, UNF, Nova- Ft. Ld, Duke, CSULB, UTMB, UTC, Wash U

Interviewed: UCF, UNF, UTMB (declined)

Accepted: UCF, UNF, Nova, Wash U

Waitlisted: CSULB (high-tier), UTC

Denied: Duke

Attending: UCF!!

Hi All, I applied to Franklin Pierce University - I received an email asking me if I would be retaking some courses and if I was they could review my application again, has anyone dealt with anything like this or applied to FPU and accepted and/or denied? Thanks!

Hi All, I applied to Franklin Pierce University - I received an email asking me if I would be retaking some courses and if I was they could review my application again, has anyone dealt with anything like this or applied to FPU and accepted and/or denied? Thanks!
I am curious about what ended up happening? Did you get in?