-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DPT Application Cycle 2019-2020 - 2020 start
Started by FutureDPT2201
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just be mindful of how number of clinical sites are advertised and what it really means. Schools set up contracts with clinical sites, and usually advertise the number of contracts they have as possible affiliations. But then each site gets to choose how many spots (if any) they have to offer each round for students. This can mean programs with 1000+ affiliations are still scrambling to find enough openings for their students for any given clinical. Also, schools vary in how much choice students actually have. Just be mindful that the number of sites doesn't mean you will necessarily be able to go to anywhere you'd like! Otherwise overall, what is the cost difference? Cheaper is most likely the better option!over 4000 sites to choose from,
iyt
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from these programs: USC-Hybrid, Emory & Henry, or Daemen College?
I got into USC hybrid but declined. I know a few a people that got in and people who haven’t heard anything
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soccerprept19
Full Member
I got top tier waitlisted at Emory & Henry. It doesn’t seem like anyone has been pulled off yet.Has anyone heard back from these programs: USC-Hybrid, Emory & Henry, or Daemen College?
Late to post, but here's mine:
Early Decision: N/A
Regular Decision: Chapman (Summer and Fall), CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, West Coast University, Western University of Health Sciences, Pacific University, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Regis University
#1 choice: Chapman University
Accepted: Chapman (Summer) !!!
Interview granted: Western U, Regis, West Coast (declined), Rocky Mountain (declined)
Waitlisted: Western and Regis
Denied: CSU Long Beach and Northridge, Pacific U
Attending: Chapman!!!
Early Decision: N/A
Regular Decision: Chapman (Summer and Fall), CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, West Coast University, Western University of Health Sciences, Pacific University, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Regis University
#1 choice: Chapman University
Accepted: Chapman (Summer) !!!
Interview granted: Western U, Regis, West Coast (declined), Rocky Mountain (declined)
Waitlisted: Western and Regis
Denied: CSU Long Beach and Northridge, Pacific U
Attending: Chapman!!!
Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: CSUN, CSULB, Chapman Univ(both summer & fall), West Coast Univ, WesternU, MidwesternU - Glendale
Accepted: MidwesternU - Glendale (2/6)
Interview granted: MidwesternU-Glendale(1/24), WesternU (2/4)
Waitlisted: MidwesternU - Glendale (1/30)
Denied: CSUN, CSULB,
Attending: MidwesternU-Glendale, although still waiting for CA schools.
———————————
STATS
GPAc : 3.23
GPAp : 2.93
GRE: 152v/156q/4.0
Hours: 4+ years in Sports medicine (ATC “aide”)
3.5 years in out-patient PT (aide)
100ish hours in in-patient PT (SNF)
Tips: Interviews are your best selling point! Especially if you don’t have the best grades (ahem me!!!!) I also recommend looking for schools that fit your profile. After a couple rounds of applications it got exhausting trying to compare with the 4.0++ student with 160 GRE scores. Some schools are looking for character rather than grades, Midwestern and Western are those types. Chapman is the opposite, they don’t require essay nor do interviews, all they look at is grades (but for me, worth a shot since campus is a short bike ride from my house! )
Good luck to all who are still waiting!
And for those who didn’t get in this year, DON’T GIVE UP, dig deep and find your passion. I think it really took me getting rejected a couple times to really figure out why I wanted to be a PT! I hope it does the same for you.
UPDATE
Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: CSUN, CSULB, Chapman Univ(both summer & fall), West Coast Univ, WesternU, MidwesternU - Glendale
Accepted: MidwesternU - Glendale (2/6)
Interview granted: MidwesternU-Glendale(1/24), WesternU (2/4)
Waitlisted: CSULB (lowtier), MidwesternU - Glendale (1/30), WesternU (2/28), Chapman- Summer (3/2)
Denied: CSUN, West Coast
Attending: MidwesternU-Glendale, although still waiting for CA schools.
Future_Ms_DPT
Full Member
**FINAL UPDATE****UPDATE**
Early Decision: None
Regular Decision: Thomas Jefferson University, Chatham University, High Point, LIU and possibly a few more depending on how these interviews go...
#1 choice: Right now I'm feeling Thomas Jefferson University! But that could change... I will be happy and grateful to attend any program.
Accepted: THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY (10/17)!!!
Interview granted: Thomas Jefferson (10/3), Chatham (11/2), High Point (declined)
Waitlisted: None
Denied: None
Attending: THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY (At this point in time, but I still have 1-2 more interviews to go)
Early Decision: None
Regular Decision: Thomas Jefferson University, Chatham University, High Point, LIU-Brooklyn, USC (residential)
#1 choice: None
Accepted: Thomas Jefferson University (10/17), Chatham University (11/14), USC (1/2)
Interview granted: Thomas Jefferson (10/3), Chatham (11/2), High Point (declined), LIU-Brooklyn (declined)
Waitlisted: None
Denied: None
Attending: USC!!!

I just could not pass up this awesome program and the opportunities that come with it. I can’t wait to become a Trojan in the fall. Fight On!
I got an acceptance from Carroll University today! I will be taking the offer since I am far down the waitlist at NIU. Anyone else received anything from Carroll?
Haven't updated this in a while!Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: Arcadia, Temple, Drexel, USciences, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton, Nazareth College
#1 Choice: Arcadia
Accepted: USciences
Interview Granted: Temple, USciences
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson, Drexel
Denied: TBD
Attending: TBD
Good luck everyone!
Accepted: USciences, Temple, Arcadia
Denied: Scranton, Nazareth College
Attending: Arcadia!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone program start dates?
This is something I’m concerned with.... I was accepted to a school and need to claim my seat by March 23rd.. but I’m waiting on my first choice school to get back to me with a decision. I don’t know if the shutdowns will affect the timing of the decision I’m waiting for. This is super stressful lol. I don’t want to claim my seat yet, but the program I was accepted to starts in May. The program I’m waiting on starts in Fall. So there’s a lot that’s up in the air right now. I’ll keep you guys updated if I hear anything.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Violet2020
USA San Marcos SPT
Doubt it will change start dates but I have absolutely gotten auto reply emails saying admissions teams are out of office until late April. This means waitlist processing is for sure delayed.Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone program start dates?
rinarina22
Full Member
I was thinking the same thing... I’m waitlisted at a program that starts in June so I am concerned that the waitlist process and/or the start of the program will be affectedDo you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone program start dates?
Anyone hear from Alvernia University or the University of St. Augustine (Fall 2020 Residential program) ?
I just got an interview from Alvernia today! Have you heard anything?
I just got an interview from Alvernia today! Have you heard anything?
I was rejected, but have received an acceptance for another program! GOOD LUCK!
Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: Marymount University, University of Puget Sound, University of Washington, Samuel Merritt University, UCSF/SFSU, VCU, GWU
#1 choice: GWU
Accepted: GWU
Interview granted: Marymount, UCSF/SFSU, GWU
Waitlisted: Samuel Merritt, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Marymount University
Denied: UCSF/SFSU, VCU
Attending: GWU
Regular Decision: Marymount University, University of Puget Sound, University of Washington, Samuel Merritt University, UCSF/SFSU, VCU, GWU
#1 choice: GWU
Accepted: GWU
Interview granted: Marymount, UCSF/SFSU, GWU
Waitlisted: Samuel Merritt, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Marymount University
Denied: UCSF/SFSU, VCU
Attending: GWU
dpt.2021t
Full Member
I am curious about what ended up happening? Did you get in?Hi All, I applied to Franklin Pierce University - I received an email asking me if I would be retaking some courses and if I was they could review my application again, has anyone dealt with anything like this or applied to FPU and accepted and/or denied? Thanks!