Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I completely understand about the weather. I’m from North Dakota, so Iowa is actually a lot warmer than my hometown (I knowI'm torn, too. I could be happy at any of the places I applied to, and I loved St. Louis and Atlanta. Birmingham is close to home, and has in-state tuition... but the one place I'm most terrified of going is Mayo because it's way colder than I've ever lived in and it's the hardest curriculum I've seen.They pack the most hours into the fewest semesters, and I'm worried I won't keep up like I should. But, because I'm terrified of going there, I think that's where I'll go unless someone offers me an insane package I can't turn down. It'd be good for me. 😊
). Iowa is only 7 terms, whereas Mayo is 8. However, the biggest influence for me, besides finances, is the clinical opportunities and Mayo’s are basically unmatched. It would be hard to walk away from that much clinic time, but in-state tuition is a really hard thing to pass up too!
They pack the most hours into the fewest semesters, and I'm worried I won't keep up like I should. But, because I'm terrified of going there, I think that's where I'll go unless someone offers me an insane package I can't turn down. It'd be good for me. 