DPT Stats.. What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do i have any chances of being accepted at a Physical therapy school?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Areeba94

Reaction score
Hello guys I would like to share my stats and let me know what do you think about my chances to get accepted for DPT school. I am goint to apply to schools that require GRE’s.

Male, Orginally from Cyprus, 24 years old

Bachelor of Science: Athletic Training, GPA - 3.5
I am curently Certified Athletic trainer (Passed my BOC exam this November)
I also did the Grastron Technique certification M1 (Not sure if that counts).
Athletic Training experience = 900 hours in 8 different settings
Physical therapy hours = 600 hours total in an outpatient setting, 100 hours in inpatient, and 200 hours in another outpatient clinic
I volunteered in various events and also covered different events while in athletic training such as (volleyball, rougby, marathon tournamets)
Military service of 2 years (Mandatory in my country, not sure if that helps for better application)

I did not take my prerequisites during my bachelors because i wanted to focus on my bachelor and i was afraid of getting a low GPA at the end. I expect to finish my prereqs by the end of 2019.
So far i did at a community college and i got
General chem 1 - B
Anatomy and physiology 1 - (A-)

In my bachelors i did prerequisites that i can use for Physical therapy
Precalculus - A
Biology 1- B
Statistics - B
General psychology - B+
Stress management (Psychology class applied to some schools) - A

Please let me know what you think. I am going to update and post my upcoming grades as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say your stats are quite competitive, but if you're curious how you'd stack up against others you should check out the average accepted stats of the schools you're interested in.

Reactions: 1 user
You definitely have a chance at getting in somewhere! I’d say your extracurriculars are great and your cGPA will serve you well but without your GRE and knowing where you want to go I can’t say for certain you’d get in. Shoot for at least a 150/150/3.5-4.0 on your GRE, I feel like this is the minimum where it with both not help or hurt your chances. You’re definitely going to need more As or at least B+s to buff up your Bs. I’d also email the schools your interested to see if they accept your psych class. Keep in mind some will require or prefer abnormal or developmental and some will want two semesters. Are you planning on apply for the 2019 cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
You definitely have a chance at getting in somewhere! I’d say your extracurriculars are great and your cGPA will serve you well but without your GRE and knowing where you want to go I can’t say for certain you’d get in. Shoot for at least a 150/150/3.5-4.0 on your GRE, I feel like this is the minimum where it with both not help or hurt your chances. You’re definitely going to need more As or at least B+s to buff up your Bs. I’d also email the schools your interested to see if they accept your psych class. Keep in mind some will require or prefer abnormal or developmental and some will want two semesters. Are you planning on apply for the 2019 cycle?

Hello i am going to try for the 2019-2020 cycle but i dont know if i am going to be accepted.. By the end of june i will be done with:
Bio 1&2
Chem 1&2
Anatomy 1&2
Abnormal paychology
Medical terminology

And i will be left with Physics 1&2 which i will take the fall and winter semester. I know schools say that i can still apply but missing two classes decreases my chances a lot.

I am going to apply to schools that dont require GREs. My top 6 are

NYIT
Thomas jefferson
Saint francis university
University of scranton
Pacific university
American international college
Loma linda university