Dr. Effing Oz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
more good info today refuting your party as being pure and white as snow.....let's talk about the FBI informant on the Trump campaign. Are u cool with that? Ends justify the means?

left-leaning folks initially ridiculed the concept of a “mole” in the Trump campaign on a thread here, mocking quotes of Drudge and other sources. However as time has passed, and it has become recognized that indeed the FBI did enlist individuals to spy on the Trump campaign, the rhetoric has shifted away from “ it did not happen”, to “it was appropriate, and an informant is not a mole or spy”. If the records are ever discovered, I would be willing to wager a large stack of shiny new dimes that phone messages from the Trump campaign, and Trump Tower, were indeed intercepted, validating Candidate Trump’s claims, which were dismissed as ludicrous (and worse) by Mr. Obama and others.
As the FBI and Mr. Clapper and Mr. Brennan continue to spin this as an appropriate action, I am forced to wonder why they chose the Trump campaign? The RNC allowed FBI access to their servers, which were found to be uncompromised, yet the DNC denied access to their servers, even in light of credible evidence that breaches had occurred. Similar thing with Hillary's server. Some things just make you go “Hmmm”...

Fox News’s Napolitano: Trump’s ‘spygate’ claims are ‘baseless’

Gowdy on Trump's Spy Claims: I'm 'Convinced' FBI Did What Americans Would Want Them to Do

oh. so because he's a narcissist, he isnt racist?

do you hear yourself? this is just one excuse after another.

the apologists are everywhere. on this forum. on TV. in congress. sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

the right are selling their collective souls.
I'm not making excuses or apologizing for Trump. I just think it's more productive to understand, rather than label. I would be happy if the word "racist" and other derogatory labels were abolished from the English language as they serve no purpose. People feel the way they feel. They look down on others for all kinds of reasons and it's not worth getting excited about IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe my liberal colleagues here will stop calling everybody racist and parroting the liberal media.....

“What happened to the rise of MSNBC? After showing historic growth–and a few months in 2017 when Rachel Maddow took the title of most-watched host in all of cable news, beating Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity–the just-released results of the May ratings period look very familiar: Fox News won–everything.”

In prime time, Fox News destroyed its competition, with an average total audience of 2.381 million viewers, compared to MSNBC’s 1.384 million and CNN’s 835,000. Among viewers 25-54, the group most coveted by advertisers, FNC shook off a challenge in recent months from MSNBC to claim a clear victory: 461,000 viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (329,000) and CNN (265,000).

In May, prime-time viewership for the cable news networks was down overall except for Fox News, which grew 6% from the same period last year. CNN had the biggest declines, down a full 25%. Among viewers 25-54, Fox News was up slightly (+2%) while MSNBC fell significantly (-21%) and CNN dropped by more than a third (-34%).”

Doct, forgive me if I am misinterpreting, but your post suggests that popularity makes right.

Just because more people watch one show doesn’t make it right, does it? The jap interment was popular. Slavery was popular - in the 1800s. I’d hate to think Lincoln would determine whether to abolish slavery based on TV ratings or the 1860 equivalent.

FYI 2.38 million is a lot. But I guess using this logic, we are really led by... sports. After all, 14.8 million viewed the Warriors-Rockets game...

Oh and hyperalgiesa, one can really only feel the true impact of racism when one is subjected to the hatred that accompanies it. If you have, and maintain this opinion, then I applaud you.

I could not.

Doct, forgive me if I am misinterpreting, but your post suggests that popularity makes right.

Just because more people watch one show doesn’t make it right, does it? The jap interment was popular. Slavery was popular - in the 1800s. I’d hate to think Lincoln would determine whether to abolish slavery based on TV ratings or the 1860 equivalent.

FYI 2.38 million is a lot. But I guess using this logic, we are really led by... sports. After all, 14.8 million viewed the Warriors-Rockets game...

Or maybe it's just a sign along with the Trump win of many who are tired of the liberal propaganda/agenda being shoved down our throats. Some credit goes to increased freedom of information and social media and forums such as this one. In Cuba and Venezuela you dont have these freedoms and end up disappeared or in jail.

Or maybe it's just a sign along with the Trump win of many who are tired of the liberal propaganda/agenda being shoved down our throats. Some credit goes to increased freedom of information and social media and forums such as this one. In Cuba and Venezuela you dont have these freedoms and end up disappeared or in jail.

I have to agree with this. Foxnews is huge because half the county is sick and tired of left wing propaganda being shoved down their throat while they read/watch the news. Of course Foxnews also says some crazy stuff.

For a while I used to check both NYT.com and foxnews.com everyday to try to get a balanced perspective on the news, but they’re both now so busy yelling past each other, that I gave up on all of them.

Now I just use the google news app for 15 min a day, so I’m not clueless about major events, but otherwise I don’t bother with any journalists and their clear biases any longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have to agree with this. Foxnews is huge because half the county is sick and tired of left wing propaganda being shoved down their throat while they read/watch the news. Of course Foxnews also says some crazy stuff.

For a while I used to check both NYT.com and foxnews.com everyday to try to get a balanced perspective on the news, but they’re both now so busy yelling past each other, that I gave up on all of them.

Now I just use the google news app for 5 min a day, so I’m not totally clueless about major events, but otherwise I don’t bother with any journalists and their clear biases any longer.
Aside from being utterly biased and fake news, some of these sleaze outlets are so angry and bitter and full of bile, I don't know how people can watch/read them and then go to work with a smile.

On the bright side, I think the next generation will have a healthier skepticism than ours, and possibly better critical thinking skills.

I think I hear talking out of both ends...

foxnews did not just recently turn popular.

its not a sign of the times that people are tired of "liberal propaganda", its the popularity of foxnews political commentary department of creating an entertaining and self-fulfilling fantasy world that makes those specific viewers comfortable in their own lives, regardless of the truth. unfortunately, the evening portion of foxnews is about political opinion.

I would agree that your comments are an interesting sign of the times. Trump's main goal of lying and yelling "fake news" is primarily to discredit the news media, cast doubt on to information obtained from any source that does not agree with him. delegitimizing news that does not favor him, and the sources reporting such, he is able to confabulate and confuse many americans to believe his own falsehoods. look at what some spectator just yelled at Jim Acosta this past week. ones political views and doing ones job does not make one a scumbag.... except in trumps world.

there was a great quote about the start of the fall of democracy starting with the end of truth.

Reactions: 1 users
From Atlantic article:

Television is particularly popular among men, people who didn’t go to college, and people over the age of 70, which is a great description of a predictable conservative. (Retired seniors watch more than 50 hours of television a week.) Indeed, this older male group is not only ready-made for cable-television-viewing; it comes prepackaged with extremely conservative views. Over the last three general-election cycles, the 65-and-up group voted for the GOP presidential candidate by an average of 9 percentage points.

Reactions: 1 user
From Atlantic article:

Television is particularly popular among men, people who didn’t go to college, and people over the age of 70, which is a great description of a predictable conservative. (Retired seniors watch more than 50 hours of television a week.) Indeed, this older male group is not only ready-made for cable-television-viewing; it comes prepackaged with extremely conservative views. Over the last three general-election cycles, the 65-and-up group voted for the GOP presidential candidate by an average of 9 percentage points.
If I really wanted to divide Americans and to capitalize on every difference we have, I would constantly identify everything that makes us different and focus intently on those differences. I would say, "We need to continue to have a CONSTANT conversation about race, sexual orientation, income inequality, etc". I would say that one group is at war with another group. "White supremacists are everywhere. There's a war on women. The 1% are profiting off the backs of the poor." Etc, etc.

OTOH, if I wanted to unite people, I would focus on what we all have in common. The shared belief in our system of laws and governance, in American ingenuity, in freedom over tyranny, in tolerance, etc. Even if I saw racism, I would double-down and remind everyone where we came from and how much progress we've made on race.

Does constantly pointing out our differences (skin color, education, gender, sexual orientation, income, etc) unite us in your opinion?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I really wanted to divide Americans and to capitalize on every difference we have, I would constantly identify everything that makes us different and focus intently on those differences. I would say, "We need to continue to have a CONSTANT conversation about race, sexual orientation, income inequality, etc". I would say that one group is at war with another group. "White supremacists are everywhere. There's a war on women. The 1% are profiting off the backs of the poor." Etc, etc.

No it is much better to bury your head in the sand and act like these problems don't exist

OTOH, if I wanted to unite people, I would focus on what we all have in common. The shared belief in our system of laws and governance, in American ingenuity, in freedom over tyranny, in tolerance, etc. Even if I saw racism, I would double-down and remind everyone where we came from and how much progress we've made on race.

Does constantly pointing out our differences (skin color, education, gender, sexual orientation, income, etc) unite us in your opinion?
Good question. So, why does trump continue to do this?

Both republicans and democrats are equally guilty of doing this.

But only the liberals have the arrogance to think they don’t cause more of a divide between races and sexes, when they bring race and sex into every single thing, every single day.

If asked, Liberals would say the sky is somehow less blue and oxygen less effective for women and minorities.

Im so sick of racism being shoved down my throat every day.....historical statues being torn down in the name of racism....Trump being blamed for racism. It's a great tool for the liberal media to attack anyone they want, to tear down anyone they want. Of course it is hypocrisy at it's finest.....their own liberal policies keep minorities down and their own policies favor illegal immigrants over US citizens.

Regarding FOX news having some profound effect on the US population.....maybe it is CNN falling all over themselves to attack and nitpick every single tweet, pointing out this or that word was a lie. It is so blatant it is no wonder their ratings are down. I gave you the lead story the other day....today the lead story is Trump pardoned DInesh Desouza so he could attack the right and "get the word out". CNN then proceeded to make a 7 degree connection per say of how the pardon was related to Russian collusion and the Comey firing. That is why CNN ratings are down imho. They prey on right wing fears so the vagina hats can come out. This is what causes division more than a Trump tweet.

Dont forget the roots of CNN are Ted Turner and Jane Fonda who are both Fidel Castro sympathizers(communist), remember "Hanoi Jane".....every single news organization is primarily Democrat donors. And as usual you call the majority of the US population who voted for Trump stupid, or at best, ill-informed. You guys just dont get it.

Im so sick of racism being shoved down my throat every day.....historical statues being torn down in the name of racism....Trump being blamed for racism. It's a great tool for the liberal media to attack anyone they want, to tear down anyone they want. Of course it is hypocrisy at it's finest.....their own liberal policies keep minorities down and their own policies favor illegal immigrants over US citizens.

Regarding FOX news having some profound effect on the US population.....maybe it is CNN falling all over themselves to attack and nitpick every single tweet, pointing out this or that word was a lie. It is so blatant it is no wonder their ratings are down. I gave you the lead story the other day....today the lead story is Trump pardoned DInesh Desouza so he could attack the right and "get the word out". CNN then proceeded to make a 7 degree connection per say of how the pardon was related to Russian collusion and the Comey firing. That is why CNN ratings are down imho. They prey on right wing fears so the vagina hats can come out. This is what causes division more than a Trump tweet.

Dont forget the roots of CNN are Ted Turner and Jane Fonda who are both Fidel Castro sympathizers(communist), remember "Hanoi Jane".....every single news organization is primarily Democrat donors. And as usual you call the majority of the US population who voted for Trump stupid, or at best, ill-informed. You guys just dont get it.

so why DID trump pardon desouza? the man plead guilty to felony campaign finance violations. he wasnt even ASKING for a pardon. there is a formal process that trump just ignored. it was definitely a political message and, and another abuse of power. these are impeachable offenses, as nixon showed us. it really is just a matter of time. he likes to pardon political allies just because he can, even if they CLEARLY have broken the law

and dont get even get into obama's pardons. i didnt love some of them either, but we are talking about trump right now.

so why DID trump pardon desouza? the man plead guilty to felony campaign finance violations. he wasnt even ASKING for a pardon. there is a formal process that trump just ignored. it was definitely a political message and, and another abuse of power. these are impeachable offenses, as nixon showed us. it really is just a matter of time. he likes to pardon political allies just because he can, even if they CLEARLY have broken the law

and dont get even get into obama's pardons. i didnt love some of them either, but we are talking about trump right now.

I’m not privy to the pardon process so I won’t bother. But there you/liberals go again. Maybe with today’s tantrum you might be able to go tear down a Thomas Jefferson monument somewhere.

interesting...

1. as a independent, I don't view the democrats as favoring any illegal immigrant over a US citizen. is this another trump falsehood? ( Trump falsely claims Pelosi defended MS-13 gang members and FYI - FALSE)

2. so it was okay for FoxNews to critique Obama, and even okay to the extreme of Alex Jones and Breitbart to spread outright lies and falsehoods, yet it is not okay for CNN to write truthful articles to trump?

I did not see any major conservative think tanks disavow such right wing conspirators, except maybe Shep Sheppard.

it had been Glenn Beck but looks like he is now kowtowing to trump.

are you really that upset about confederate statues coming down? honestly? i thought you had a cuban background. is there a reason you have some special place in your heart for robert e lee? nobody is taking down any jefferson statues, stop making a straw-man argument.

interesting...

1. as a independent, I don't view the democrats as favoring any illegal immigrant over a US citizen. is this another trump falsehood? ( Trump falsely claims Pelosi defended MS-13 gang members and FYI - FALSE)

2. so it was okay for FoxNews to critique Obama, and even okay to the extreme of Alex Jones and Breitbart to spread outright lies and falsehoods, yet it is not okay for CNN to write truthful articles to trump?

I did not see any major conservative think tanks disavow such right wing conspirators, except maybe Shep Sheppard.

it had been Glenn Beck but looks like he is now kowtowing to trump.

1. Democrat Policies.....not words.
2. FOX criticized Obamas policies.....CNN makes propagates UNTRUTHFUL stories, criticizes tweets, and makes 7 degrees of connection to continue the Russian collusion theory just to get liberals enraged(see ssdoc as perfect example). Don’t u even watch CNN?

I’m not mad....just jousting and defending your president.

1. Democrat Policies.....not words.
2. FOX criticized Obamas policies.....CNN makes propagates UNTRUTHFUL stories, criticizes tweets, and makes 7 degrees of connection to continue the Russian collusion theory just to get liberals enraged(see ssdoc as perfect example). Don’t u even watch CNN?

I’m not mad....just jousting and defending your president.

Really Fox just " criticized" Obama Policies .... LMFAO....you have a short memory

Really Fox just " criticized" Obama Policies .... LMFAO....you have a short memory

So no accusations of racism or sexism? It’s “but Fox” ? How many conservative uprisings and riots did u see in the streets due to Obama policies? Oh well.....MAGA.

Last edited:
did you consider that maybe you didn't see any "conservative uprisings" because, deep down, Obama's policies represented the true American Way.

fwiw I don't watch CNN on a regular basis. but when I do watch a "television" news channel, CNN is what I watch. I can tell that it is CNN because it is the one focusing on the truth, not "fake news" in an attempt to bamboozle us americans to believe lies. fwiw, according to leslie stahl, and she swears on this, the Donald told her that he uses terms like "fake news" to make people discredit the press, so that negative stories about him would not be believed.

if we lose the truth, we will lose democracy.

did you consider that maybe you didn't see any "conservative uprisings" because, deep down, Obama's policies represented the true American Way.

fwiw I don't watch CNN on a regular basis. but when I do watch a "television" news channel, CNN is what I watch. I can tell that it is CNN because it is the one focusing on the truth, not "fake news" in an attempt to bamboozle us americans to believe lies. fwiw, according to leslie stahl, and she swears on this, the Donald told her that he uses terms like "fake news" to make people discredit the press, so that negative stories about him would not be believed.

Obama wanted to fundamentally transform America.
That is not fixing, that is destroying and rebuilding.
Comrade.

i think its interesting that conservatives often point to this speech about "destroying America."

clearly most do not actually listen to the speech.

who not politicall aligned would actually complain about not putting the greed of wall street before the hard working sacrifices of folks on Main Street (ie America)?
choosing policies that invest in our Middle Class, creat new jobs and grow the economy so that everyone has a chance to succeed?
help folks who cant pay their medical bills or send their kids to college or those who cant afford college?

he rails that ordinary americans cant take a back seat to CEOs for 4 more years.

no... that's all bad. we cant do that.

we need to give free handouts to CEOs of insurance companies, owners of Big Pharma, hospital execs and hand them MORE money. we need to give them the skin off all Americans backs, cause skin will grow back.... carp, $25 million per year is not enough for these poor CEOS and Presidents and Chairmen and investment bankers to live on. I mean, how are they getting by???

Obama wanted to fundamentally transform America.
That is not fixing, that is destroying and rebuilding.
Comrade.

Oh God.....only one who should be calling anyone comrade is the one in bed with Putin

The press does a great job of discrediting themselves. Too bad the Trump=nazi or comrade connection falls on its face when u consider Hitler confiscated guns....just like Democrats want to.

i think its interesting that conservatives often point to this speech about "destroying America."

clearly most do not actually listen to the speech.

who not politicall aligned would actually complain about not putting the greed of wall street before the hard working sacrifices of folks on Main Street (ie America)?
choosing policies that invest in our Middle Class, creat new jobs and grow the economy so that everyone has a chance to succeed?
help folks who cant pay their medical bills or send their kids to college or those who cant afford college?

he rails that ordinary americans cant take a back seat to CEOs for 4 more years.

no... that's all bad. we cant do that.

we need to give free handouts to CEOs of insurance companies, owners of Big Pharma, hospital execs and hand them MORE money. we need to give them the skin off all Americans backs, cause skin will grow back.... carp, $25 million per year is not enough for these poor CEOS and Presidents and Chairmen and investment bankers to live on. I mean, how are they getting by???

Obama and Clinton received more Wall Street money than any other candidates no matter what they said in a speech. I think their speeches now net $500k. Bill Clinton gets $500k for his Russian speeches. What’s your point again?

Lowest black unemployment ever. If you can't make the correlation between reduced illegal immigration and lower taxes and higher American minority employment... you "must" be a democrat. Spoken in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice.

your man takes credit for something he did not cause.

Trump Takes Undue Credit on Black Unemployment - FactCheck.org

black-unemployment-rate-2009-to-2017-1.jpg

your man takes credit for something he did not cause.
Trump Takes Undue Credit on Black Unemployment - FactCheck.org
One way to decrease the unemployment rate is to discourage people from seeking employment. But, even if you look past the obvious results, just looking at the rhetoric, who is obsessed with jobs? Was it Obama and Hillary and the Democrats, or was it Trump? It shows you their respective priorities.

All we hear from Democrats is how business owners are out to get you. The Employer vs Employee War is one of the most destructive made up wars pitting American vs American. Why would anyone want to get a job?

"During the Obama administration, a major reason the unemployment rate declined was that fewer people were in the labor force because what the BLS calls the labor participation rate continually declined as people gave up the search for a job or retired."

Labor market is thriving far better under Trump than under Obama

Huge week for the world. Bad week for the FBI and the liberal mass media.....

icon1.gif
IG report showed FBI accepted bribes from the media
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...es-from-media/

“The harm caused by leaks, fear of potential leaks, and a culture of unauthorized media contacts is illustrated in Chapters Ten and Eleven of our report, where we detail the fact that these issues influenced FBI officials who were advising Comey on consequential investigative decisions in October 2016.“

icon1.gif

“The harm caused by leaks, fear of potential leaks, and a culture of unauthorized media contacts is illustrated in Chapters Ten and Eleven of our report, where we detail the fact that these issues influenced FBI officials who were advising Comey on consequential investigative decisions in October 2016.“
Actually that’s not what it shows.

Fake news.

icon1.gif

Great Source

"We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations; rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors' assessment of the facts, the law, and past department practice."

"We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations; rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors' assessment of the facts, the law, and past department practice."
That's a good thing. But the rest of it is pretty bad. Imagine if the texts from FBI were anti Obama or anti Clinton. It would be like bloody murder.

This report is very damning and not coming from a political source.

That's a good thing. But the rest of it is pretty bad. Imagine if the texts from FBI were anti Obama or anti Clinton. It would be like bloody murder.

This report is very damning and not coming from a political source.
Over 35, 000 people work for the FBI, you are telling me there were no anti-Hillary or Obama texts sent out?

Over 35, 000 people work for the FBI, you are telling me there were no anti-Hillary or Obama texts sent out?
Oh absolutely there are people of all stripes. But we're talking about using his official phone as the LEAD INVESTIGATOR ASSIGNED TO THE CASE saying, "We won't let Trump get elected". That's just wrong.

Probably it was just talk because he was having an affair and wanted the $%@*#. But since having dinner with a Russian is FRONT PAGE BREAKING NEWS for a year, we are always looking at things in the most suspicious light possible. So there you go.

If liberals weren't so unhinged, using blind emotion to try to oust Trump at any cost, they would run into a lot fewer brick walls.

You didnt know Strzok was the lead investigator?

the FBI had info about the russian meddling and hillary's email server. hillary's email is a nothing story. russian meddling is a HUGE story. the FBI (comey) chose to make a public announcement about hillary, but kept the russia story hidden.

how is that, in any way, "good" for trump?

and the Strzok texts were critical of EVERYONE. only the anti trump ones were publicized by fox news ike its theend of the world. you cannot read that report and believe that trump was somehow vindicated.

i just sort of find it fascinating that so many of you want to live in a dictatorship.

the FBI had info about the russian meddling and hillary's email server. hillary's email is a nothing story. russian meddling is a HUGE story. the FBI (comey) chose to make a public announcement about hillary, but kept the russia story hidden.

how is that, in any way, "good" for trump?

and the Strzok texts were critical of EVERYONE. only the anti trump ones were publicized by fox news ike its theend of the world. you cannot read that report and believe that trump was somehow vindicated.

i just sort of find it fascinating that so many of you want to live in a dictatorship.
Democrats and the media have put ALL their eggs in the hands of the FBI and its historical integrity. They have accused Trump 24/7 of trying to undermine the prestigious and unassailable FBI. That's all over now.

As a general rule, dictators take guns AWAY from the people and INCREASE government power/regulations. Making it easier for people to get guns and eliminating regulations is not what dictators do.

Trump is definitely somewhat vindicated from this report. And once again, he gains credibility with every time this happens. I can't believe how incompetent democrats are at this game and get the tables turned on them every. single. time. They really need to get ahold of themselves and regroup.

It's extraordinary that the top law enforcement officer on an investigation is clearly biased and stating he will prevent a person from getting elected. That actually is REAL NEWS.

Dictators before taking away guns do one thing first - they suppress free speech.

They degrade any watchdog organization by calling them liars.

They complain about free speech and ask that people stand at attention when they talk.

They set up their own news network that only produces favorable news on them.

Then they play one sub population against another and yell about nationalism and how to make their country great is to get rid of all interlopers.

This is the pattern of Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Mao....