Dr House Hires New Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FootDocStudent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀
 
I hope Dr. House can quit posting so many friggin threads. I like your enthusiasm but please keep it under one or two threads it's getting annoying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀


Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of scrlet52 into his 3 year internal medicine residency program as PGY-1 intern at Princeton Memorial Hospital for correctly making the diagnosis of Kawasaki's Disease on a 6 year old male patient. Scrlet52 is the second podiatry graduate to achieve this feat in the best internal medicine residency program IN THE WORLD. 😀
 
Last edited:
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀

Extremely exciting prospect, but a three year Internal Medicine program would not be the best choice for a Podiatric Medical Graduate. As our license limits us to ankle/foot pathology only, I hope your program offers a complete podiatric surgical curriculum. Awesome news though! Congrats to dtrack22!
 
Extremely exciting prospect, but a three year Internal Medicine program would not be the best choice for a Podiatric Medical Graduate. As our license limits us to ankle/foot pathology only, I hope your program offers a complete podiatric surgical curriculum. Awesome news though! Congrats to dtrack22!


Dr House says: Not to worry. Yes. There will be a complete foot and ankle surgical program in my department since I have PADPM and KRABMAS as podiatric attendings in my department. And your licenses will make you able to diagnose and treat SYSTEMIC diseases that MANIFEST themselves in the feet, ankle, and leg below the knee, and affect the feet ankle and leg. You will be amazed at how many SYSTEMIC diseases there are that manifest and affect the feet and ankle: hundreds, both common and rare. Many doctors do not realize this. Only the cream of the crop.....LIKE ME. 😀
 
Dr House says: Not to worry. Yes. There will be a complete foot and ankle surgical program in my department since I have PADPM and KRABMAS as podiatric attendings in my department. And your licenses will make you able to diagnose and treat SYSTEMIC diseases that MANIFEST themselves in the feet, ankle, and leg below the knee, and affect the feet ankle and leg. You will be amazed at how many SYSTEMIC diseases there are that manifest and affect the feet and ankle: hundreds, both common and rare. Many doctors do not realize this. Only the cream of the crop.....LIKE ME. 😀

LOL nice...caps not necessary lol, my reading comprehension is great😉!
 
It's a good thing that Dr. House's hospital is in NJ, since the Texas Supreme Court just rejected hearing the state society's appeal regarding treating the "ankle".

It seems that the orthopods in Texas may get their way, and the DPM's in Texas may not have the ability to treat the ankle surgically, IF I'm interpeting this correctly.
 
It's a good thing that Dr. House's hospital is in NJ, since the Texas Supreme Court just rejected hearing the state society's appeal regarding treating the "ankle".

It seems that the orthopods in Texas may get their way, and the DPM's in Texas may not have the ability to treat the ankle surgically, IF I'm interpeting this correctly.

The supreme court rejection and the appeals court ruling were more about the Board of Examiners ability to write a rule than the ankle scope. Yes there continues to be this issue that will not go away (IMO) until it is codified legislatively. Legal interpretation and information from the board has allowed DPMs to continue to diagnosis and treat conditions that affect the foot and therefore ankle surgery continues. Ankles were being treated long before the rule placed in 2001 and therefore when the rule went away ankles are still being treated.
 
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀

Dr House is pleased to announce that an offer of PGY-1 intern has been offered to damhsoir for making the correct diagnosis of BEHCET'S DISEASE. Congratulations! 😀
 
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀

Dr House has a 2 year old Caucasian girl with failure to grow, foul smelling and fatty stools in her diapers, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, with frequent defecation, hearing loss, melena, and vomiting blood. She suffers from abdominal pain and slight flank pain bilaterally. She has bilateral deformities in her feet which are syndactyly with six metatarsals on the left foot, and 7 metatarsals on the right foot with genu valgum and coxa vara. The patient also suffers from tooth decay. She has no past medical history. She is NKDA. Family history consists of pancreatitis, hepatitis, osteomyelitis, gout, and leukemia. She is not on any medications. What disease is on top of my differential? 😕
 
Dr House has a 2 year old Caucasian girl with failure to grow, foul smelling and fatty stools in her diapers, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, with frequent defecation, hearing loss, melena, and vomiting blood. She suffers from abdominal pain and slight flank pain bilaterally. She has bilateral deformities in her feet which are syndactyly with six metatarsals on the left foot, and 7 metatarsals on the right foot with genu valgum and coxa vara. The patient also suffers from tooth decay. She has no past medical history. She is NKDA. Family history consists of pancreatitis, hepatitis, osteomyelitis, gout, and leukemia. She is not on any medications. What disease is on top of my differential? 😕

Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome
 
I'm sorry but I think you need to get laid.

No need for juvenile banter. If you don't want to participate in this interesting learning experience, refrain from comment, please. Thanks.
 
Whatever happened to the good ole days of real trolls like GymMan, ThetaChiNAU, Whiskers, and Darklord.

Seriously, are there no Banana republics in the bay area?!?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whatever happened to the good ole days of real trolls like GymMan, ThetaChiNAU, Whiskers, and Darklord.

Seriously, are there no Banana republics in the bay area?!?!

If you want trolls, visit the World of Warcraft forums. If you want to learn a thing or two, stay here. How does that sound?
 
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀

Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of kidsfeet as PGY-1 intern in his 3 year internal medicine residency program at Princeton Plainboro Hospital in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics. Kidsfeet is the fourth podiatry graduate to achieve this honorable distinction of acceptance into the best internal medicine residency program IN THE WORLD! 😀
 
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of kidsfeet as PGY-1 intern in his 3 year internal medicine residency program at Princeton Plainboro Hospital in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics. Kidsfeet is the fourth podiatry graduate to achieve this honorable distinction of acceptance into the best internal medicine residency program IN THE WORLD! 😀

I'm honored my good man. I dare to decline however, as you couldn't pay me enough to repeat my residency years again. The honor is mine, and I'd love to come visit anytime!
 
If you want trolls, visit the World of Warcraft forums. If you want to learn a thing or two, stay here. How does that sound?

We've had some of the most phenomenal trolls here over the years. You must be new.

In fact, im almost insulted you think our trolls couldn't hold their on vs the WoW forum trolls!!!
 
We've had some of the most phenomenal trolls here over the years. You must be new.

In fact, im almost insulted you think our trolls couldn't hold their on vs the WoW forum trolls!!!

I am new, BUT was a WoW Addict for four years. I challenge your notion that a small and educated community such as this can attract the same level of, ummmmm, interesting folks like an MMORPG with 11 million subscribers.
 
You're right of course, i was just kidding🙂

I too was a wow addict. Thank god for podiatry school. Clean for almost 3 years now!
 
I'm honored my good man. I dare to decline however, as you couldn't pay me enough to repeat my residency years again. The honor is mine, and I'd love to come visit anytime!

Dr House says: Even better! I want to hire you as an ATTENDING then. You will perform podiatric medicine and surgery plus engage in diagnosis and treatment of systemic diseases in the allopathoc realm. My apologies that I presumed you were a podiatry student.

I would have a nice trio of podiatry attendings in my dept: Kidsfeet with Krabmas and PADPM. I certainly have many many foot and ankle surgery cases that could make the CPME smile and that the orthopods at Princeton Plainsboro cannot do because they know nothing about the foot and ankle. I would certainly be honored to have your expertise in my dept. The CPME accredited my dept for performing foot and ankle surgeries and treat foot and ankle medical conditions, with the NBPME's and APMA's backing. 😀 With this in mind....still want the offer??? 😉
 
I don't mean to interrupt things, but are podiatry school students able to apply for MD/DO residencies now (e.g., internal medicine in this case)?
 
I don't mean to interrupt things, but are podiatry school students able to apply for MD/DO residencies now (e.g., internal medicine in this case)?

Dr House says: Only in my program. No other. I look for medical grads and physicians who think out of the box and challenge me intellectually and scholarly. That's why it's the best in the world. 😉
 
Dr House says: Even better! I want to hire you as an ATTENDING then. You will perform podiatric medicine and surgery plus engage in diagnosis and treatment of systemic diseases in the allopathoc realm. My apologies that I presumed you were a podiatry student.

I would have a nice trio of podiatry attendings in my dept: Kidsfeet with Krabmas and PADPM. I certainly have many many foot and ankle surgery cases that could make the CPME smile and that the orthopods at Princeton Plainsboro cannot do because they know nothing about the foot and ankle. I would certainly be honored to have your expertise in my dept. The CPME accredited my dept for performing foot and ankle surgeries and treat foot and ankle medical conditions, with the NBPME's and APMA's backing. 😀 With this in mind....still want the offer??? 😉

I'm seriously interested. PM me.
 
Seriously guys. It's a joke. He is using the House TV show as a parity.

Parody?

In many hospital based residencies like the one I did, I functioned as any medical intern and when on those rotations, was seen as a "Doctor", regardless of my graduate distinction. Made fro VERY interesting rotations to say the least.
 
Hope Dr. House can wait until June 2014...

Dr House says: I have a 31 year old Asian female with complaints of ringing in the ears, fullness in the ears, dizziness, trouble speaking/slurring words, weakness in the feet and ankles, chest pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, numbness and tingling in the lower extremities down to her feet, and double vision that have been getting worse for the past 7 days. She has no fever. Normal white count. She relates traveling to Cambodia to visit her dad's side of the family in a remote village and swimming in the local lake and walking barefoot most of the time outdoors and indoors. She has no past medical history. She is NKDA. Her family history consists of alcoholism, type 2 diabetes, stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, hypertension, stroke, and myocardial infarction. She is not on any medications. She is a homemaker with 3 children and a devout Buddhist. She relates no trauma. What is on top of my differential diagnosis? I am suspicious of one particular disease.
 
Last edited:
Dr House says: I have a 31 year old Asian female with complaints of ringing in the ears, fullness in the ears, dizziness, trouble speaking/slurring words, weakness in the feet and ankles, chest pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, numbness and tingling in the lower extremities down to her feet, and double vision that have been getting worse for the past 7 days. She has no fever. Normal white count. She relates traveling to Cambodia to visit her dad's side of the family in a remote village and swimming in the local lake and walking barefoot most of the time outdoors and indoors. She has no past medical history. She is NKDA. Her family history consists of alcoholism, type 2 diabetes, stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, hypertension, stroke, and myocardial infarction. She is not on any medications. She is a homemaker with 3 children and a devout Buddhist. She relates no trauma. What is on top of my differential diagnosis? I am suspicious of one particular disease.

Meniere's Disease
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr House is pleased to announce the hiring of dtrack22 as a new intern (PGY-1) in his three year Internal Medicine residency program in the Dept of Medical Diagnostics at Princeton Memorial Hospital. dtrack22 correctly diagnosed CYSTICERCOSIS with a 33 year old Hispanic American woman complaining of neurological symptoms.

It is the first time in the history of Dr House's residency program that a DPM graduate was hired. Congrats to dtrack22 if this podiatry student will accept the offer upon passing all three parts of the NBPME board exams and passing the podiatry school curriculum. 😀


Dr House says: I have a 4 year old Japanese American female with bilateral bulging eyes, suffering from thirst despite hydration, with red crusty sores on her trunk, scalp, dorsum of the hands and feet, deafness, trouble walking normally, weakness and tingling in the feet and ankles, and swollen lymph nodes in the neck and thighs and trunk for the past 1 year. She has a past medical history of hypopituitarism. Her family history consists of sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and leukemia. Her medications are levothyroxine and hydrocortisone. She is allergic to penicillin with skin rash and pruritis. Her temp is 100 F and CBC with diff. shows anemia and neutropenia. I am suspicious of one disease. What disease is ON TOP of my differential? 😕
 
Last edited:
Dr House says: I have a 4 year old Japanese American female with bilateral bulging eyes, suffering from thirst despite hydration, with red crusty sores on her trunk, scalp, dorsum of the hands and feet, deafness, trouble walking normally, weakness and tingling in the feet and ankles, and swollen lymph nodes in the neck and thighs and trunk for the past 1 year. She has a past medical history of hypopituitarism. Her family history consists of sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and leukemia. Her medications are levothyroxine and hydrocortisone. She is allergic to penicillin with skin rash and pruritis. Her temp is 100 F and CBC with diff. shows anemia and neutropenia. I am suspicious of one disease. What disease is ON TOP of my differential? 😕


Dr House says: Hellooo? Anyone out there? 😴
 
Hemolytic Anemia.

Sorry was busy over the holiday weekend.

Dr House says: Kidsfeet! Hello my friend! I know you are busy: you are a top foot and ankle surgeon and physician. Must have been on call with your residents, fellows, and 4th year podiatry students at the hospital right? Anyway, no not hemolytic anemia. Try again my friend. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm. Interesting. Now I really want to know. I shall read my Merck some more and post again after school.

Dr House says: Now I like your attitude! 😀 You got it! The only way any podiatrist or podiatry student is going to solve my allopathic medical cases is

1) to read several excellent recent Allopathic Medicine textbooks namely: The Merck Manual, Harrison's, CURRENT Medicine, and Cecil's (these 4 textbooks are my personal favorites), AND

2) to read classical allopathic medical journals AND

3) to use your clinical experiences from Allopathic Medicine rotations both present and past AND

4) ....to think outside the box for the ATYPICAL diseases.

Happy reading and thinking!
 
Last edited:
I read the Merck Manual, Harrison's, and Current Medicine 2009 edition. I feel like this is an extra podiatry school class! Even harder than the Internal Medicine class I got an 'A' in during 3rd year! Anyway, after alot of reading, I think it is Churg Strauss Syndrome.
 
I read the Merck Manual, Harrison's, and Current Medicine 2009 edition. I feel like this is an extra podiatry school class! Even harder than the Internal Medicine class I got an 'A' in during 3rd year! Anyway, after alot of reading, I think it is Churg Strauss Syndrome.

Dr House says: Sorry! Incorrect. Keep reading from those excellent texts! 😉