Rude resident on externship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a lie, and makes me wonder if you're associated with the school, but i'll just take your word that you are an actual 3rd year at TUSPM and haven't done all your rounds. I went here and 3rd year was terrible. All the doctors just sat on their a** and made 3rd years do everything. The worst ones were Dr. McGwire, Dr. Moore, and Dr. Palamarchuk but the other ones were terrible too. If anyone is considering podiatry school, DO NOT GO TO TUSPM!
It's kind of interesting hearing your perspective on things and I have no issues with it as it is YOUR opinion. No I am not associated with the school LOL, but tells me that you are quite disgruntled with your experience at Temple thus people should take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Since I posted my previous statement, I have gone through one more rotation in the surgery department and had very interesting cases such as using a graft to treat a chronic ulcer, a possible medial calcaneal nerve entrapment which was previously diagnosed as plantar fasciitis (cant be sure, sent out for MRI) etc. I have learned so much as I was able to assist in the placement of the graft, administer diagnostic injections etc. If your experience at TUSPM was not great, then honestly I'm sorry that it did not work out for you. Ofcourse there are things Temple can improve on, but I do not believe the clinical experience is one of them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
this is a lie, and makes me wonder if you're associated with the school, but i'll just take your word that you are an actual 3rd year at TUSPM and haven't done all your rounds. I went here and 3rd year was terrible. All the doctors just sat on their a** and made 3rd years do everything. The worst ones were Dr. McGwire, Dr. Moore, and Dr. Palamarchuk but the other ones were terrible too. If anyone is considering podiatry school, DO NOT GO TO TUSPM!
I also just went through some of your previous posts and it seems like you're on quite the MISSION to trash Temple on threads that does not even relate to the school specifically. Hmmmm you're hella sus

Reactions: 1 user
There is this one third year resident at my current externship that I am over 90% sure doesn’t like me at all. This is my first week and so I am still getting a hang of things but she snapped at me couple of times already because I didn’t know how she likes to do things or that I am not supposed to put a patient who needs imaging into a room. I always apologize to her right after she snaps at me but she doesn’t seem to really care. She is also very passive aggressive with me and never makes eye contact with me when speaking to a group. I am always respectful to her but I am starting to dread going there everyday already knowing she will be there. Today, I actually cried in the bathroom because I was never in this uncomfortable position before at a program (not bragging but even the toughest attendings at my other programs liked me and never yelled at me). I don’t know what I am doing wrong because I get along with every other resident at this program but her. I wouldn’t have cared if this was at school but because it’s my externship, it’s been very stressful for me. I would really appreciate any advice or just any of your thoughts. Thank you.
I remember going through something similar and you know what I have now realized 10 years later...you have nothing to prove to her and just focus on always doing what is right, give it all your grit and know more than anyone in the room so everyone takes a second look realizing you have something to offer in this world. You got this! Stay humbled, kind and work harder than everyone and you will do great.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.