DR Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macbook89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I rank these programs? HELLP please!!

U of Louisville
U of Kentucky
NYU Winthrop
U of IL Peoria
Drexel
MetroHealth-Case

Members don't see this ad.

I would rank them based upon the places you would most want to live in.

How should I rank these programs? HELLP please!!

U of Louisville
U of Kentucky
NYU Winthrop
U of IL Peoria
Drexel
MetroHealth-Case

I'm glad someone posted about this. I'm in a similar dilemma looking for some help regarding ranking radiology residency programs.

I have a particular concern about NYU Winthrop, which was a recent change, as I understand, from just Winthrop. The chair of radiology and several faculty members are leaving this place since the merger, and now I hear that the PD is leaving as well. I mean, I am sure they will hire new people, but if I rank this place, given that these are such new changes, I am unsure about what to expect in the immediate years that follow.

I'm uncertain as to how to rank this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad someone posted about this. I'm in a similar dilemma looking for some help regarding ranking radiology residency programs.

I have a particular concern about NYU Winthrop, which was a recent change, as I understand, from just Winthrop. The chair of radiology and several faculty members are leaving this place since the merger, and now I hear that the PD is leaving as well. I mean, I am sure they will hire new people, but if I rank this place, given that these are such new changes, I am unsure about what to expect in the immediate years that follow.

I'm uncertain as to how to rank this program.

Where did you hear that the PD is leaving? There was no mention of it when I interviewed there back in November. If anything, the PD assured that the merger is a good thing...

I am also lost in terms of where to place NYU Winthrop on my list.

Where did you hear that the PD is leaving? There was no mention of it when I interviewed there back in November. If anything, the PD assured that the merger is a good thing...

I am also lost in terms of where to place NYU Winthrop on my list.

A couple of my friends who also interviewed there heard of it recently and was confirmed by the program.

I was told the same - that the merger is a good thing - but now I'm concerned because of so many people leaving, and also because the merger is so fresh. I don't know how long the transition period will take to settle and what changes to expect. There is just so much uncertainty. Had it been a few years after the merger, once everything was established, I would've then ranked it higher on my list. I don't know, I just feel like I'd be more comfortable with programs that were not undergoing so many drastic changes.