Dragging the spouse along

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iatrosB

trying not to kill anyone
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with taking their spouse and or kids on an ADT with them? Is it worth it, do you get to spend any time with them? I assume one would have to foot the bill, but how did you arrange for them to stay?

Members don't see this ad.

iatrosB said:
Does anyone have any experience with taking their spouse and or kids on an ADT with them? Is it worth it, do you get to spend any time with them? I assume one would have to foot the bill, but how did you arrange for them to stay?

your lodging is free, and if they stay with you it's free for them, too :) you do have to pay to get them where you are though.

i had my wife and kiddo spend a week or so with me at both of my ADT's-- it's actually a smart idea if you have a significant other that wants to see where they may possibly be living during your residency.

--your friendly neighborhood married with child (soon to be children) caveman

Took my wife to my ADT at Tripler. How could you pass up free lodging in Hawaii? They do have to pay travel and food expenses, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
R-Me-Doc said:
Took my wife to my ADT at Tripler. How could you pass up free lodging in Hawaii? They do have to pay travel and food expenses, though.

Ya, when I told her there was a base in Hawaii she about crapped her pants! :laugh:

My toddler (at the time) son and I went with my husband on an ADT to Lackland in 1996......he was billeted at the VOQ and we thought that we could stay there......their only written stipulation was that no one could sleep on the couches, and since my son slept in a port-a-crib, we thought everything was fine UNTIL WE GOT KICKED OUT. Apparently, despite any written rule that we had found, children were not allowed in the VOQ. The rest of our month was spent rotating through cheap hotels close to the base. Not fun, especially for me when DH was taking call.

So ask very specific questions about this ahead of time!