-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dreams about cycle outcomes
Started by LAIsTheBestPlaceEver
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wonder do any of you have dreams about medical school decisions? I heard a story three years ago that he dreamed of getting into Temple, then he wakes up to the acceptance call from Temple...![]()
I never did, until two days before my dream school decision, in which I got an acceptance and woke up screaming.
I got waitlisted.
Weird stuff happened like that to me during my cycle!! There was one night, 2.5 months after my first interview and I almost had a panic attack wondering why I hadn't at least heard back from the DO schools yet (since it wasn't october 15, i knew i would be hearing back from MD programs yet). That night my husband sat me down and told me not to worry he said 'I'm sure youre going to hear sooner than you thing" of course I rolled my eyes and said "yeah well then I would've heard by now!!!" The next morning, I woke up, and I got my first acceptance email
Also, when I interviewed at Temple, they were reviewing the stats saying that pretty much half the people they interview, get in. I was like "wow I actually have a shot here!" (my MCAT is on the low side, 504) two weeks later, I got in, and now that's where I'll be starting in August! Felt like fate to me
Also, when I interviewed at Temple, they were reviewing the stats saying that pretty much half the people they interview, get in. I was like "wow I actually have a shot here!" (my MCAT is on the low side, 504) two weeks later, I got in, and now that's where I'll be starting in August! Felt like fate to me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No dreams about the cycle, but I have had a couple dreams about being in school already.
8
892002
Towards the beginning of April, when I still had no acceptances, I had a dream (more like a nightmare) about sitting at a Starbucks working on re-writing my personal statement 🙂
I definitely had a few intense ones myself. They always feel outrageously real. Mine were always wildly ambitious and unrealistic (during one I got into HMS, and I never applied there lol).
I dreamed I got into Liberty...worst nightmare ever
I dreamed I got into Liberty...worst nightmare ever
Oh dear. Were you wearing the cute uniform?
Applying this cycle.
Had a dream last night that I had an interview at Quinnipiac but I was late - for many reasons, worst of which is that I stopped at the clinic I currently work in (not sure what I went there for) and then my car had problems and couldn't go fast. Worst decision I made was that I decided not to call to tell them I was running late so my plan was to just be there for the 2nd part of the interview.
Send help!!
* Of note, I've had 4 dreams in the last 6 months that I was fired from my job - all 4 times, it was my fault.
Had a dream last night that I had an interview at Quinnipiac but I was late - for many reasons, worst of which is that I stopped at the clinic I currently work in (not sure what I went there for) and then my car had problems and couldn't go fast. Worst decision I made was that I decided not to call to tell them I was running late so my plan was to just be there for the 2nd part of the interview.
Send help!!
* Of note, I've had 4 dreams in the last 6 months that I was fired from my job - all 4 times, it was my fault.
9
907914
Only application related dream I have had was attending my Harvard interview in a turquoise suit, wearing raybans, had a purple mohawk, and light-up Heelies. It was RAD
I had a dream that I got rejected from every school I applied to except university of Vermont. I finally heard back from them and thought I was accepted! I started celebrating with my wife, but then realized I had misread the email as they rejected me. I’m currently applying and hoping this is not the outcome of my cycle haha.
I keep waking up in the back of a carriage somewhere really cold.
"Hey you, you're finally awake..."
(I hope someone gets the reference, lol)
"Hey you, you're finally awake..."
(I hope someone gets the reference, lol)
Last edited:
In my dream, all of the interviewees were gathered together and given a piece of paper with our names on it. If your name was highlighted, you got rejected. Not only was my name highlighted but there was also a black line going through it. The only one as such.
How broken do you have to be to have your own psyche think you suck TWICE??
How broken do you have to be to have your own psyche think you suck TWICE??
I had a dream about my first interview.
Interviewer - so why our school?
Me - **wet fart**
Interviewer - so why our school?
Me - **wet fart**
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
I mean, what other answer would the Admissions Committee at LUCOM expect...? That is who your dream was about, right? You answered correctly.I had a dream about my first interview.
Interviewer - so why our school?
Me - **wet fart**
I mean, what other answer would the Admissions Committee at LUCOM expect...? That is who your dream was about, right? You answered correctly.
That or California North State.
I had a dream that I was attending my top choice school (initially waitlisted), got an are you still interested letter that same day, and 2 days later got the acceptance call.
Applying this cycle.
Had a dream last night that I had an interview at Quinnipiac but I was late - for many reasons, worst of which is that I stopped at the clinic I currently work in (not sure what I went there for) and then my car had problems and couldn't go fast. Worst decision I made was that I decided not to call to tell them I was running late so my plan was to just be there for the 2nd part of the interview.
So should I freak out now or should I freak out now??!!
Just remembered this dream... I recently got an interview invite to Quinnipiac.
OMG!!
Woah, and MD program with a 504! Amazing! Your app must have really stood outWeird stuff happened like that to me during my cycle!! There was one night, 2.5 months after my first interview and I almost had a panic attack wondering why I hadn't at least heard back from the DO schools yet (since it wasn't october 15, i knew i would be hearing back from MD programs yet). That night my husband sat me down and told me not to worry he said 'I'm sure youre going to hear sooner than you thing" of course I rolled my eyes and said "yeah well then I would've heard by now!!!" The next morning, I woke up, and I got my first acceptance email
Also, when I interviewed at Temple, they were reviewing the stats saying that pretty much half the people they interview, get in. I was like "wow I actually have a shot here!" (my MCAT is on the low side, 504) two weeks later, I got in, and now that's where I'll be starting in August! Felt like fate to me

Multiple times each week I dream that I didn't get in
🤣🤣🤣Just take some immodium and you'll be fine. Although I'm not sure why the interviewer would be paying attention to bodily functions that closely...you could have IBS...not their bizz.I had a dream about my first interview.
Interviewer - so why our school?
Me - **wet fart**
Edit: I forgot to add my own. No app cycle dreams yet, just about my MCAT score coming in 2 weeks. I keep dreaming I get a 507-509 when I open it up. Not horrible I would just apply DO only and like 2-3 MD schools , and I haven't had the 497 nightmare yet so I'll take that as a plus. Def gonna have a heartattack either way.
I had a dream that I was attending my top choice school (initially waitlisted), got an are you still interested letter that same day, and 2 days later got the acceptance call.
I hope it works out in real life lol...
I had a dream about KYCOM a while ago. I really don't know why. It's on my list but idk.
The cycle is very often hard to predict, but not impossible.I wonder do any of you have dreams about medical school decisions? I heard a story three years ago that he dreamed of getting into Temple, then he wakes up to the acceptance call from Temple...![]()
Schools I thought I would guarantee interview invite from silent rejected me.
Other schools I had terrible interviews at I got immediately accepted into.
Then some random top tier decided to interview this idiot and let me in, never would've predicted this.
