Dress Code Question:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhyNeedAName

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For interviews (school, job, etc), should a woman like me who is 5'9 wear heels?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a tall woman, as well. I say wear them if you like them!
If you're not used to wearing heels, though, that's something to consider, too. Personally, I keep my heels two inches or below, because I have trouble walking in anything higher than that.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a tall woman, as well. I say wear them if you like them!
If you're not used to wearing heels, though, that's something to consider, too. Personally, I keep my heels two inches or below, because I have trouble walking in anything higher than that.

I'm usually not a fan, but I was told it's more professional. Thank you for the 2 inches thing because I don't want to wear heels that makes me 6ft and uncomfortable.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm about the same height, I usually wear the same very comfortable, very boring 1.5 inch pumps to interviews because my suits look better with heels. Flats always struck me as too casual to wear with a full suit, but no way I'm wobbling around in truly high heels all day.

Reactions: 3 users
The "perfect" interview shoe is a classic pump with a 3 - 4" heel. If you can wear them reasonably, do that. If you can't, as a tall woman you can go down as low as 1 1/2" or so, but it risks making you look less confident - as if you were trying to avoid being taller than the guys.

Reactions: 2 users
I think a small heel is nice and comfortable, but the dress code stilettos are not provided.

You must wear formal footwear.

I think as your height already 5'9 I think no need to wear heel because as i think you are already very tall. so, if you wear heel it look okward.

Wear what you feel comfortable in. You like heels, wear them. Be tall AF. You like flats, wear flats. Geezus why is this still a thing?