Medbound2004

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
112
0
Status (Visible)
Acceptances are slowly starting to be announced. Has anybody else besides exmike heard back yet? I am still waiting to find out.
 

Luwi25

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2002
290
0
Status (Visible)
Haven't heard from Drew yet :( I'm waiting though (impatiently) since I interviewed back in December.

I'll keep y'all updated! :D
 
About the Ads

Luwi25

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2002
290
0
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Medbound2004
Acceptances are slowly starting to be announced. Has anybody else besides exmike heard back yet? I am still waiting to find out.

Hey Medbound..did you interview in Dec with Mike and me? Just curious. Well, good luck! Hope you hear some good news soon!
 

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
441
0
Status (Visible)
Congrats exmike!! :clap:


Are you going to Drew over Case?
 

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
4,206
11
43
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by lyragrl
Congrats exmike!! :clap:


Are you going to Drew over Case?

thanks lyra :D.

i'm really not sure at this point. im really torn actually. if there werent so many issues with the hospital it would be an easier choice for me. its a great dilemma to be in though.:
 

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
2,062
1
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by exmike
thanks lyra :D.

i'm really not sure at this point. im really torn actually. if there werent so many issues with the hospital it would be an easier choice for me. its a great dilemma to be in though.:

Yea I hear ya. However, your basic science years will be at UCLA Campus, which will definitely be spectacular and classes are entirely Pass/Fail.

Also, it'll be easier to get a residency in California by going to Drew, but then Case Western also has good reputation.
 

Orchid 209

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
73
0
39
North Chicago
Status (Visible)
It's been a week since exmike got his acceptance letter and I haven't heard anything yet.... do you guys think it's okay for me to call the office/ e-mail Dr. Aguilera since I did interview in December, and I haven't called them since my interview? arrggh this is so nervewrecking....
 

Luwi25

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2002
290
0
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Orchid 209
It's been a week since exmike got his acceptance letter and I haven't heard anything yet.... do you guys think it's okay for me to call the office/ e-mail Dr. Aguilera since I did interview in December, and I haven't called them since my interview? arrggh this is so nervewrecking....

Orchid I know EXACTLY how you feel! What should we do? Whatever you do, I'll try it also. I was actually gonna call them and speak with Jeffrey at the admissions office. He's really nice and maybe he can tell us if a decision has been made. I was gonna give them one more week and then call.

But at least know that I feel the SAME WAY as you do.....how much more patient can we be???? :rolleyes:
 
About the Ads

mosfet

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2003
405
2
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Luwi25
Orchid I know EXACTLY how you feel! What should we do? Whatever you do, I'll try it also. I was actually gonna call them and speak with Jeffrey at the admissions office. He's really nice and maybe he can tell us if a decision has been made. I was gonna give them one more week and then call.

But at least know that I feel the SAME WAY as you do.....how much more patient can we be???? :rolleyes:

Luwi,
If I were you I would call today. It's waaaay past their 6 week waiting period.
 

Luwi25

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2002
290
0
Status (Visible)
I hear ya Mosfet....BUT Drew is known to take a long time anyway. Last time I called (like 2 weeks ago), they told me no decision has been made yet. And I know a med student there that didn't get in until 5 days AFTER school started!

So maybe I'll give it a couple of days and then call! It's killin' me...the suspense! :(
 

Orchid 209

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
73
0
39
North Chicago
Status (Visible)
Dr. Aguilera e-mailed a friend of mine 2/12 stating that decisions were made and we should be getting our letters shortly and she still hasn't heard from them. She doesn't feel like calling them again since she has emailed all four admissions people (wanda, jeff, dr. aguilera, and dr. miller) before. I guess I can try calling since I haven't called any of them yet. I'll keep you guys posted! :confused:
 

bruinett

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
21
0
Status (Visible)
Docmemi,

Yes, I have decided to go to Drew!! Thanks, I am really excited. I guess we will both be at UCLA in the fall :)
 

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2003
759
2
Status (Visible)
Same here Brad but it looks like from another Drew thread that someone was accepted last night. :luck:
 

novangel81

cali for life....I HOPE??
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
74
2
39
San Diego
Status (Visible)
Finally I can now add myself to the Drew/UCLA class of 2008. I am quite excited. I hope things work out for those still waiting and if anyone is going to be a future classmate drop me a line so we can hook up before then. Alright mad love to you all!

Ori
 

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
1,494
3
Los Angeles, Calif.
Status (Visible)
novangel81 said:
Finally I can now add myself to the Drew/UCLA class of 2008. I am quite excited. I hope things work out for those still waiting and if anyone is going to be a future classmate drop me a line so we can hook up before then. Alright mad love to you all!

Ori

congrats! where'd you go for undergrat? welcome!
 

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2003
759
2
Status (Visible)
I really hope to join this thread!!!! Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Drew and best of luck to all of those alternate listers, such as myself, who are waiting!!!! Have a great weekend everyone! :rolleyes: :luck: :cool:
 

Luwi25

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2002
290
0
Status (Visible)
novangel81 said:
Finally I can now add myself to the Drew/UCLA class of 2008. I am quite excited. I hope things work out for those still waiting and if anyone is going to be a future classmate drop me a line so we can hook up before then. Alright mad love to you all!

Ori

Congrats Novangel! When did you hear this good news? Were you on the alternate list or got in straight? How did they notify you?

That is awesome! I really hope that I could be in your position one day soon but to my understanding of the situation, places are almost filled up and my light of hope is slowly diminishing.

Good Luck to you! :)
 

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2003
759
2
Status (Visible)
Luwi25 said:
Congrats Novangel! When did you hear this good news? Were you on the alternate list or got in straight? How did they notify you?

That is awesome! I really hope that I could be in your position one day soon but to my understanding of the situation, places are almost filled up and my light of hope is slowly diminishing.

Good Luck to you! :)


Hold out hope Luwi25! Anything can happen! Best of luck to you and keep up the faith! I will cross my fingers for you!!!! :luck:
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.