DREW/UCLA Class of 2008!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medbound2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Acceptances are slowly starting to be announced. Has anybody else besides exmike heard back yet? I am still waiting to find out.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard from Drew yet :( I'm waiting though (impatiently) since I interviewed back in December.

I'll keep y'all updated! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Medbound2004
Acceptances are slowly starting to be announced. Has anybody else besides exmike heard back yet? I am still waiting to find out.

Hey Medbound..did you interview in Dec with Mike and me? Just curious. Well, good luck! Hope you hear some good news soon!

Yes. I was part of the december group.

I interviewed in Dec as well and still haven't heard anything! =*(

orchid were you the ucdavis biochem girl?

Congrats exmike!! :clap:

Are you going to Drew over Case?

Originally posted by lyragrl
Congrats exmike!! :clap:

Are you going to Drew over Case?

thanks lyra :D.

i'm really not sure at this point. im really torn actually. if there werent so many issues with the hospital it would be an easier choice for me. its a great dilemma to be in though.:

Originally posted by exmike
thanks lyra :D.

i'm really not sure at this point. im really torn actually. if there werent so many issues with the hospital it would be an easier choice for me. its a great dilemma to be in though.:

Yea I hear ya. However, your basic science years will be at UCLA Campus, which will definitely be spectacular and classes are entirely Pass/Fail.

Also, it'll be easier to get a residency in California by going to Drew, but then Case Western also has good reputation.

It's been a week since exmike got his acceptance letter and I haven't heard anything yet.... do you guys think it's okay for me to call the office/ e-mail Dr. Aguilera since I did interview in December, and I haven't called them since my interview? arrggh this is so nervewrecking....

Originally posted by Orchid 209
It's been a week since exmike got his acceptance letter and I haven't heard anything yet.... do you guys think it's okay for me to call the office/ e-mail Dr. Aguilera since I did interview in December, and I haven't called them since my interview? arrggh this is so nervewrecking....

Orchid I know EXACTLY how you feel! What should we do? Whatever you do, I'll try it also. I was actually gonna call them and speak with Jeffrey at the admissions office. He's really nice and maybe he can tell us if a decision has been made. I was gonna give them one more week and then call.

But at least know that I feel the SAME WAY as you do.....how much more patient can we be???? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Luwi25
Orchid I know EXACTLY how you feel! What should we do? Whatever you do, I'll try it also. I was actually gonna call them and speak with Jeffrey at the admissions office. He's really nice and maybe he can tell us if a decision has been made. I was gonna give them one more week and then call.

But at least know that I feel the SAME WAY as you do.....how much more patient can we be???? :rolleyes:

Luwi,
If I were you I would call today. It's waaaay past their 6 week waiting period.

I hear ya Mosfet....BUT Drew is known to take a long time anyway. Last time I called (like 2 weeks ago), they told me no decision has been made yet. And I know a med student there that didn't get in until 5 days AFTER school started!

So maybe I'll give it a couple of days and then call! It's killin' me...the suspense! :(

Dr. Aguilera e-mailed a friend of mine 2/12 stating that decisions were made and we should be getting our letters shortly and she still hasn't heard from them. She doesn't feel like calling them again since she has emailed all four admissions people (wanda, jeff, dr. aguilera, and dr. miller) before. I guess I can try calling since I haven't called any of them yet. I'll keep you guys posted! :confused:

are you going to drew bruit? congrats if yes

Docmemi,

Yes, I have decided to go to Drew!! Thanks, I am really excited. I guess we will both be at UCLA in the fall :)

bump!!!! anyone been accepted to drew lately?

peace

Same here Brad but it looks like from another Drew thread that someone was accepted last night. :luck:

Finally I can now add myself to the Drew/UCLA class of 2008. I am quite excited. I hope things work out for those still waiting and if anyone is going to be a future classmate drop me a line so we can hook up before then. Alright mad love to you all!

Ori

Congratulations

novangel81 said:
Finally I can now add myself to the Drew/UCLA class of 2008. I am quite excited. I hope things work out for those still waiting and if anyone is going to be a future classmate drop me a line so we can hook up before then. Alright mad love to you all!

Ori

congrats! where'd you go for undergrat? welcome!

I really hope to join this thread!!!! Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Drew and best of luck to all of those alternate listers, such as myself, who are waiting!!!! Have a great weekend everyone! :rolleyes: :luck: :cool:

novangel81 said:

Ori

Congrats Novangel! When did you hear this good news? Were you on the alternate list or got in straight? How did they notify you?

That is awesome! I really hope that I could be in your position one day soon but to my understanding of the situation, places are almost filled up and my light of hope is slowly diminishing.

Good Luck to you! :)

Luwi25 said:
Congrats Novangel! When did you hear this good news? Were you on the alternate list or got in straight? How did they notify you?

That is awesome! I really hope that I could be in your position one day soon but to my understanding of the situation, places are almost filled up and my light of hope is slowly diminishing.

Good Luck to you! :)

Hold out hope Luwi25! Anything can happen! Best of luck to you and keep up the faith! I will cross my fingers for you!!!! :luck: