Drew Update email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whykiki

Friends call me kiki!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get this email?

Your secondary application has been reviewed and sent to the admissions interview
committee. You will be contacted within 30 days either for an interview or to
receive an update regarding your application status.

Sincerely,

Admissions Office
Charles R. Drew University

Members don't see this ad.

No, I got the rejection letter on Sat by snail mail though. :(

i'm sorry to hear that cal girl...

Did people who received interviews get this letter first? or are they just delaying a rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine, who interviewed there on Jan, got this email in late Dec/ early Jan or so. Definitely, it's a good sign.

A friend of mine, who interviewed there on Jan, got this email in late Dec/ early Jan or so. Definitely, it's a good sign.

Thanks Cal_girl for your replies!

Go Bears!

Anyone else get this email?

Your secondary application has been reviewed and sent to the admissions interview
committee. You will be contacted within 30 days either for an interview or to
receive an update regarding your application status.

Sincerely,

Admissions Office
Charles R. Drew University

I got the the "review" e-mail and the "interview invite" on the same day.

when was this? it must be a slow day today =\

I also got the update email today. Hopefully, we'll both hear about an interview soon!

Good Luck you guys!! :)
Anyone call the office recently to get status updates??? I was going to call but I was hesistant :oops:

Hey Cage..have not seen you on for a while..as far as status goes..i called last week and they said decisions have not been sent as of yet..im not sure if they were made yet..but im hoping they have so we can get rollin..im really waiting for Drew..Oh..and i also sent an email this morning asking when they would release decisions but i didnt get any response..:confused:

Best of Luck to everyone waiting to hear from Drew!:luck:

Hey icecold...yeah, I've been M.I.A. for a minute :). Thanks for the response. The more I wait, the more anxious I become but I suppose that is normal. This is a time when you just have to pray and have faith. How's the process coming for you so far..any more news?

Hey Cage unfortunately I have not heard back from any of my schools yet..im still waitin on Howard, Drew, and Iowa..they are supposed to come next week..so i guess its gonna be a hige week for me huh? LOL..and i have a USC and UCLA interview at the end of this week..how about you..how are you coming along in this crazy process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey icecold, definitely a MEGA week for you coming up...that's a nice list you have there. I'm sure you will fare out well in the end :). As for me I have two schools in the running but I am still waiting to hear back post- interview from GW and Drew. And congrats on the UCLA invite! :thumbup: I rem. you tellin me about the one from USC. Best of luck to you :luck: And this is def. a crazy process...can't wait to have to do it all over again for residency (yea right). So I'm guessing you'd prefer to stay in CA huh? Seems like most people who are from CA love it so much that they don't want to leave.

has anyone sent updates to drew? gl to all waiting for drew:luck:

any news from drew anyone?

I haven't heard anything, it is very tempting to call but after watching dreamgirls, I am stressing patience (Portion of the song- I know you have questions, same ones as me...how long has it been, how long will it be? Really good song, btw) Okay, that was very random and if you haven't seen the movie, that will make NO sense :)
Am I the only one who thinks about this everyday? Anyways..let's keep this thread alive!! :)

anyone waiting on drew also waiting on UCLA. I wonder if its possible to get into both and have a choice, rather than an either or situation

Hey guys..no news yet neither..but I heard they sent their decisions to UCLA already and UCLA has to send them out now..soooo lets hope for the best!!! Hey Silverfox..thats really interesting that you bring that point up about UCLA and Drew..because I would hope that they would at least give us the choice of choosing where we would like to go rather than choosing for us..I have heard thru the grapevine that they do not like to give multiple acceptances..hmmmm..makes you wonder huh? Does someone want to call about this matter?:idea:

I wonder what happens if Drew says yes and UCLA says no....:confused:

UCLA was always my first choice and I am freaking out bc I have a feeling my great interview day at Drew blew my chances for a UCLA acceptance. I don't think its right that the adcomms are linked. Kinda shady to me.

Hey Silverfox..i just called the admissions office and they said that you can indeed get accepted by both programs..and that the choice is ultimately yours at the end of the day..so dont worry..if youre meant to go to UCLA you will be there..good luck!

Thanks for the updates icecold! I think we should appoint you to be our official liaison :)

way to step up and gather that info Icecold. It puts me more at ease.

haha..thanks guys i try to do what I can do to help..Good luck to everyone..

any hear from drew recently?

I just received an interview invitation for April at Drew. Do you think this is for a waitlisted spot or are there still open seats available?
Btw: I sent all of my application material postmarked January 31.

I got shot down from them on 03/05/2007. Complete in late November.

congrats on the interview... did you recieve that email referenced above "you will hear in 30 days" as well? how long after did you get the interview invite?

I called today and was told that I along with others are still under review even though I interviewed on Feb 24th. I was told I would hear something mid-April. So...So torturous.:eek:

congrats on the interview... did you recieve that email referenced above "you will hear in 30 days" as well? how long after did you get the interview invite?

Thanks mttam,

Although I never did receive the referenced email "you will hear in 30 days" I did receive the following email last month in February.

We have received your supplemental application, processing fee and letters of recommendation. Your file is now complete and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We will provide an update within 30 - 90 days.

Contact the Admissions Office, [email protected], if you have questions.

Thank you

Office of Admissions
Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program

I guess I bypassed that part of the process, nevertheless, I am excited about going...:D

I called today and was told that I along with others are still under review even though I interviewed on Feb 24th. I was told I would hear something mid-April. So...So torturous.:eek:

torturous..lol..you have no idea..i interviewed during the first week of Feb..and STILL have not heard anything..and they said they would get back in early March...so yea bruh..i feel ya pain

for the reply...seems like some people got one email, others another, some both....maybe i am making too much of the email.

gl to all!:luck:

We had a pre-med conference at our undergrad. college this past weekend and my friend who's part of the organizing committee said there was a rep who's on the adcom for Drew there. Anyway, he asked her about Drew acceptances and she said they filled up at least half of the class already and is still reviewing others. I interviewed in Jan. and still haven't heard anything yet. I'm just wondering if anyone has received a post-interview rejection from Drew yet.

Hey noy..I called Drew and they said that they are sending all of their acceptances out at one time...which will be late this month..so i dont think they have sent out any acceptances or rejections yet..you can call Norma to verify this..

Do they actually reject post-secondary?

I was complete since January (early) and have not heard a thing. When I call, no one ever picks up and last time I ever spoke to someone, only 1 person evaluated my application and they were waiting for another.

thanks for the note, can't believe half of the class is filled already...

mttam..like i told Noy..half of the class isnt filled yet cus they have not sent out any acceptances yet..their acceptances are still being held at the UCLA main office..i found this out when I interviewed at UCLA earlier this week..they said they will release them at the ending of this month..so half of the class..once again..is not filled..lol..and you can call Norma to confirm this..

I just received an interview invitation for April at Drew. Do you think this is for a waitlisted spot or are there still open seats available?
Btw: I sent all of my application material postmarked January 31.

I'm also interviewing pretty late (middle of March). I'm sure there are still open seats, but I think I'll interviewing for a waitlist spot since it's this late :(

thanks for the note-- i am not sure if this is accurate, but on mdapplicants, one person indicated that he/she has already been accepted. this waiting is difficult-- i hope we become classmates next year!

thanks for the note-- i am not sure if this is accurate, but on mdapplicants, one person indicated that he/she has already been accepted. this waiting is difficult-- i hope we become classmates next year!

mttam..i think all of us who are familiar with MDapps..fully know to take their words with a grain of salt..i cannot tell u how many times someone has listed that they have been accepted to a school that has not even released their decisions yet..sigh..so juss be cautious when reading into MDapps..and if you have any questions you can call Norma at Drew's office cus she is really nice about informing applicants on their status

mttam..like i told Noy..half of the class isnt filled yet cus they have not sent out any acceptances yet..their acceptances are still being held at the UCLA main office..i found this out when I interviewed at UCLA earlier this week..they said they will release them at the ending of this month..so half of the class..once again..is not filled..lol..and you can call Norma to confirm this..

Thanks for the info icecold!! You're so informative. I hope your UCLA interview went well!! :thumbup:
For some reason Norma never answers when I call....

Hey Icecold,

Well, thanks for calling and clarifying. It's sort of a relief that their class is not half full yet (that means there's still hope). Good luck to you and all who have Drew as their 1st choice!

I'm also interviewing pretty late (middle of March). I'm sure there are still open seats, but I think I'll interviewing for a waitlist spot since it's this late :(

My sentiments, exactly...:(

Hey Icecold,

Well, thanks for calling and clarifying. It's sort of a relief that their class is not half full yet (that means there's still hope). Good luck to you and all who have Drew as their 1st choice!

Hey Noy, is Drew your top choice?
:luck:

good point, the mdapp profile could be fake...

Ok guys..I just got another update..the latest is that Drew has not released their decisions as of yet because they were waiting for the 15th because they want to be able to lobby for the students they want..kind of like telling the other schools NOT to touch us cus Drew wants us..so for those of you that have interviewed..this is what the major hold-up has been on any released decisions..SO..with that said the decisions should be released soon! Good Luck to everyone!!! And Drew and/or UCLA and/or UCR/UCLA are my top choices..juss as long as its UCLA im there!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

What's going on the 15th, besides match day for MSIV's? Why is the 15th important for premeds? hmmm. . .