Drew Update email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The admissions office said that we would have answers by Friday. What gives?:mad::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

next friday? as in NEXT FRIDAY? i dont think i can wait that long.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea that is what i was told too several times for the past 3 weeks. im signing off on a loan as we speak and closing a deal with a place to live on wed. my backup school starts the following wed and i have to start moving on. i am highly upset with this waitlist process. they shouldn't have told us anything rather than keep putting it off like this. i understand the nature of a waitlist and all but i dont think that is how it works. yet, im still hoping to hear good news mon or tue. i think that truly has to be my final wait! im still prayin.

Joe

What's your backup?

I just spoke to admissions. They have offered the waitlist spots and are now waiting to see if they applicants accept.:(

I just spoke to admissions. They have offered the waitlist spots and are now waiting to see if they applicants accept.:(

Who did you speak to? Were they offered last week or today?

Who did you speak to? Were they offered last week or today?

I spoke to Sandy in Admissions. The three spots have been offered and they are waiting to see if the applicants accept.

hmmm. so they have to snail mail the letter to the applicant....then wait for it to come back to drew right? or would they accept or decline over the phone? my backup is howard med which is a great school with the same mission as drew but it was my undergrad. my parents are telling me to withdraw from the waitlist but I say no...im keeping the faith. it would have been nice if one of us on here could have gotten one of those spots. i would have at least wanted that. keep me posted guys. ill do the same.

Got my official rejection letter yesterday. I have been waitlisted since March. I pray that another window is open in my life because it does not seem like med school is going to happen.

Got my official rejection letter yesterday. I have been waitlisted since March. I pray that another window is open in my life because it does not seem like med school is going to happen.

I am sorry to hear that.

Hey DOUBLE im really sorry to hear that...and im even sorrier you had to hear it from Drew UCLA out of all places...but I honestly believe that if you want med school..you will get it..and I have no doubt about that..

As for Drew..I am glad I withDREW because I was constantly worrying about my status..however..I was kept in the dark by a very faulty and unorganized faculty..I hope that schools cleans up its act..

Hi,

It seems evident that those of us on the waitlist have been designated as "second class citizens". As such, we are subject to recieve vague or inconsistent information from administrators who, frankly, don't care. While this may seem a bit cynical, I would be hard pressed to meet the "waitlister" who hasn't felt this way.

Drew, more than most schools, responds to who you know and who they can ally on your behalf. Just the other day, I had someone ask me what they were getting out of helping me with with my application. As distasteful as I find this, it seems indicative of how poorly we can be treated.

I spoke with Admissions today and they said that, as of now, the class is filled. There may be some movement with the waitlist. If so, it can go until the 22nd.

Hey everyone,

I know it's getting close to school starting, but just wanted to let you all know that I withdrew from Drew/UCLA today. So, there should be a spot opening up. Best of luck to everyone. Drew/UCLA is truly an awesome program.

UC Davis 201:)

Anyone hear anything new and/or interesting?

Anyone hear anything new and/or interesting?

I was told last Friday by Sandy that there was still some movement on the waitlist. She expect that there will be an update this week.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the waitlist? Also, if you have recently withdrawn your acceptance (Thx WannaZig . . .) or your spot on the waitlist, would you mind letting the gang know? Thanks.

Got my rejection letter today, eventhough admissions told me this morning that I was in the running for one of the waitlist spots. This sucks.

DenaDoc...sorry to hear about your rejection.

Congrats Seijitsu ...good luck on Monday! I have been keeping up with these postings but havne't been actively participating. Ive been waitlisted for quite some time, as well, but have never heard of or spoken with anyone named Sandy. Is she on admissions? All of my contact has been with Teresa.

Congrats Seijitsu ...good luck on Monday! I have been keeping up with these postings but havne't been actively participating. Ive been waitlisted for quite some time, as well, but have never heard of or spoken with anyone named Sandy. Is she on admissions? All of my contact has been with Teresa.

Sandy took over for Desiree as the Admissions Manager at Drew. But if you already in touch w/ Teresa, that's all you really need.