Drew Update email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an invite this morning when I got into work. .うれしい。:D.
I submitted my application in January

Members don't see this ad.

Ohh I submitted in January too...my application has been "forwarded" to the interview committee for a decision...I hope I get an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at the end of April! :) YAY.

Call to check on your status. I had been complete for a very long time.

hey I submitted in January and still have not heard anything-besides the email that ur app has been fowarded ot the admissions committee---does anyone have advice on if I should call or noT? I want to know if i stand a chance or what is going on!

hey I submitted in January and still have not heard anything-besides the email that ur app has been fowarded ot the admissions committee---does anyone have advice on if I should call or noT? I want to know if i stand a chance or what is going on!

The day before I received my invite, I sent Drew an extremely polite email concerning my application status. They did not reply to that email, but I received my invite the following day (not sure if they can be correlated).

was ur invite through snail mail or email? If email, maybe it is correlated. If not, I bet it was already in the mail. In any case, I sent them an email today. :)

was ur invite through snail mail or email? If email, maybe it is correlated. If not, I bet it was already in the mail. In any case, I sent them an email today. :)

They sent me an invite via email.

I just received an interview invite today for April 24!!! I am really excited! Anyone else interviewing on this date?

No, I didn't send them anything! I guess its the Good Ole' Lord! How did you get an interview time? I only got an invite for the 24th. She didnt give me the details. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Amen!!:thumbup:

When I comfirmed the interview, they said be there by 9 am.

i guess i'll be seeing some of you there at 9am. just got waitlisted at ucla. still praying to stay in socal.

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted to Drew already? I hear they have a few spots left (like 3-4 or so) I heard this from my friend that goes there that they almost have their full class...BUT i dont know..i interviewed back in early Feb and I have not heard NOTHING..but nonetheless good luck to everyone interviewing...

I have learned to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and to stop listening to others. These forums will drive you crazy and excessive worrying shows doubt!
That being said, who cares if there are 3 or 4 spots left ( and do we officially know this? ).
When you go to the interview, act like there is only ONE spot left and its yours to claim!!!!!!!!!! If you trust in God, there is no need to worry all the time because if you truly trust God, you know that your blessing is already here!
Good luck to those who have interviews at the end of the month!:luck:
Congrats to those who have acceptances.:thumbup:
For those who are waiting to hear, get off this site and Let God.:idea:

LOL...Take what I said with a grain of salt if you like.
PEACE:D

I have learned to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and to stop listening to others. These forums will drive you crazy and excessive worrying shows doubt!
That being said, who cares if there are 3 or 4 spots left ( and do we officially know this? ).
When you go to the interview, act like there is only ONE spot left and its yours to claim!!!!!!!!!! If you trust in God, there is no need to worry all the time because if you truly trust God, you know that your blessing is already here!

WELL SAID!!! You are soooo right..When I stay off this site..my worries dramatically decrease..

This is where this site becomes handy!

I'm coming from Washington, DC. What is a reasonable hotel near Drew? I didn't get any information about travel/accomodations or what not. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This is where this site becomes handy!

I'm coming from Washington, DC. What is a reasonable hotel near Drew? I didn't get any information about travel/accomodations or what not. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

real handy huh?

On a side note, has anyone heard anything back lately?

real handy huh?

On a side note, has anyone heard anything back lately?

NOT A PEEP! But I have learned to just keep patient..Hopefully I am waiting for good news thats coming..

icecold, i thought you were going to USC... I'm guessing that you would rather go to Drew since you are still hoping for good news

wassup,
I'm not sure about any hotels around Drew. I know that statement is no help to you but I saw that nobody responded so I felt bad for you. Call the admissions office or look on the interview feedback site. There are also many hotels by the airport so since you are probably getting a rental anyway, you might as well stay over there.

wassup,
I'm not sure about any hotels around Drew. I know that statement is no help to you but I saw that nobody responded so I felt bad for you. Call the admissions office or look on the interview feedback site. There are also many hotels by the airport so since you are probably getting a rental anyway, you might as well stay over there.

Yes stay near the airport is your best bet. If there were hotels near drew, you would want to stay around there if you where new to the area.

random comment

haha its cool, thanks though. i found a list of some hotels. ill probably stay near the airport and catch a cab from the hotel to the interview. i hope it comes on time lol. i also know someone at UCLA/Drew so if all else fails...I know who to call! Good luck icecoldalpha and everyone else who is waiting for DREW. It is indeed a great school!:D

icecold, i thought you were going to USC... I'm guessing that you would rather go to Drew since you are still hoping for good news

DITTO..to what Steve said..I love USC...dont get me wrong..BUT 70k a year is just waaaaaay toooo much..and I cant afford it to be honest..AND I hear their financial aid packets suck! So..with that said..I really would like to go to UCLA or Drew..because of the cheaper costs..the campus life is cool and I wouldnt have to DRIVE to class everyday..however, im still proud of my Blessings and I would be more than happy to go to USC..if i had the money and a car..either of which I have at the moment:(

USC 's finanical aid award is a joke! Basically take out 70K/yr in all loans.

Good Luck to everyone that is interviewing on Tuesday! I'm about to board the plane! LA, here I come!:thumbup:

Has anyone heard anything lately? Anybody been accepted (and if so can you say when you interviewed)....I interviewed early March and still have not heard anything.

Steve...I have not heard a peep dude..I interviewed way back in Feb..and havent heard anything at all...

I called the admissions office today and was told that my profile will go to committee, again, because a decision was not reached yet..So I was told I should be hearing something back by next week or so..hope this helps..:thumbup:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:luck:

I interviewed in March. I'm not sure who I talked to, but I called Friday and I was told that they will be making decisions by May 11th. At my interview, they said 3 weeks... so hmmmm....I guess more waiting :-( Anyone else interview in March and hear anything different?

I haven't checked this site in 2 weeks. Not purposefully, but after I got on the waitlist I just got sick of waiting and checking and waiting and checking... It's almost like like an afterthought now.

But I found my life filled with so many other activities and options. Right now the only thing that would keep me in LA is Drew. If not, my husband is moving us to Austin where we can afford a mini mansion. I went to look at houses last week and I thought...hmm...getting a Phd in clinical psych might not be so bad (b/c Austin doesn't have a med school).

My remedy...focus on other options that are just as appealing as med school. Medicine is not the only fulfilling profession on the planet.

Peace

I got the same info from the admissions office yesterday. I was told that the last interviews were yesterday and the committee was still discussing applicants. I was also told that there were still seats available.

Last interview was yesterday? I was actually told the last interview was May 8th. I'm not quite sure though.

I still have not had an interview yet and I received a "Your file has gone to the interview committee and you will hear within 30 days" update.

As of today, it's been 28 days and still not a word.

Should I assume the worst now?

ihateverbal, i wouldn't assume the worst but all I know is what I was told by the woman the other day.

I was at Drew on Tuesday. They are still doing interviews. I believe May 8th is the last day. I would give them a call and tell them you are still interested and see if they can fit you in. Drew is a great school!!!! :thumbup: Good Luck! :luck:

Looks like no good news for me.... sigh =/

I know someone who submitted after me, and was already interviewed weeks ago. I still have not received an interview and it's gone to the committee for 30 days.

Good luck to you all though.

I was complete in January and got a March interview but haven't heard back from them since.
Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Looks like no good news for me.... sigh =/

I know someone who submitted after me, and was already interviewed weeks ago. I still have not received an interview and it's gone to the committee for 30 days.

Good luck to you all though.

hey everyone!!!! congrats on the interviews, acceptances...and good luck to all those STILL waiting for an invite....like me :laugh:

my 30 days also passed on wednesday. i called admissions today and the nice lady said my app was still with admissions....i'm still in the maybe-invite pool....

the last scheduled interview date is may 8 and all invites for that day have been sent....

but the lady said drew will be individually interviewing some applicants through may 15. (extra days that are set aside)

who knows what that means....but good luck!!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

just got my rejection letter today via snail mail....interviewed around march 23rd with the dean, dr. baker

just got my rejection letter today via snail mail....interviewed around march 23rd with the dean, dr. baker, and the funny part is he told me it was an excellent interview and he hoped that I would consider drew. How that gets turned into a rejection is pretty funny to me..I mean not even a waitlist offer....I really hate it when interviewers blow smoke up your ass...why say, "oh well, this was an excellent interview and blah blah blah"....just ok well thanks for your time and call it a day would have been fine....what a crock of ****. Anyway...I hope the rest of you still waiting have better luck

Sorry to hear about your rejection...at least you know your fate. Waiting really prevents me from making major future plans.:confused:

not here, but when i interviewed on the 24th, someone on staff told me that i'll find out by may 11th. phone call if accepted, email if waitlisted, and a letter if rejected.

I interviewed on the 17th. They told us by the 8th of May.