Drew Update email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well looks like we should hear something by the end of the week either way. I don't know how good the phone call, email, or letter comment is tho, seems kinda weird...

Members don't see this ad.

I called the admissions office..and what everyone else is saying holds much truth as far as getting a call for an acceptance offer:) :thumbup: , an email for waitlist:oops: , and snail mail for a rejection:(

Also, the admissions office mentioned that this entire month is fair game for a phone call..especially since there will be alot of movement after May 15th..So with that said..good luck everyone!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed on april 24. I asked when i would hear back. this was his response:
quote " I really don't know when they will meet to discuss your file. Could have been this Tuesday, or next week Tuesday. Then it goes to UCLA for review there, which is unpredictable how long they will take. Usually 5-6 weeks from your interview date is when a final decision is made, then they will call you or mail you a notice. Hope this helps. "

i guess more waiting...

Anyone from the March interview hear anything recently? I was told I should hear something by May 11th, but I called late today, and now they said that I should probably hear by next week...Ergh, I guess more waiting!!

anyone? I am sooo nervous now. I wish they woudl tell us since it is already May 15th

I called the admissions office today and I asked if the 2007 entering class was full yet, she told me to hold on for a sec and came back on the phone and said No. So there is still hope for those of us who haven't heard anything yet.

That is good I guess. BUT . . . it seems a bit late for them to be deciding. I hope they let people know soon.

I called the admissions office today and I asked if the 2007 entering class was full yet, she told me to hold on for a sec and came back on the phone and said No. So there is still hope for those of us who haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for keeping tabs. the waiting is beyond mental torture:eek:

AHHHHHH This wait is killin me. It's either Drew or Albert Einstein's post bac for me. Either way I'm med school bound but I just don't know if it's gonna be this year or next.

Hey guys-

You might want to check out last year's Drew thread - page 9 starts around May 15th. Maybe it will be better this year, but it looks like it might be a rough ride ahead. Basically, there were several people who never heard anything - they were told that their apps were sitting with the UCLA dean, but they were never officially waitlisted or rejected.

Good luck! :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=258677&page=12&highlight=drew+waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys-

You might want to check out last year's Drew thread - page 9 starts around May 15th. Maybe it will be better this year, but it looks like it might be a rough ride ahead. Basically, there were several people who never heard anything - they were told that their apps were sitting with the UCLA dean, but they were never officially waitlisted or rejected.

Good luck! :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=258677&page=12&highlight=drew+waitlist

Thanks for the link babel. I went through all kinds of emotions when reading how long people had been waiting to hear back from Drew. There were some diehards right until the very end.

And to think Drew started on July 23rd last year!!! Makes the future look kind of bleak at this point.

Ok I just got off the phone with Therese from admissions and she told me that the admissions committee just met and decided on the class. Their decisions now have to go to UCLA to be verified and ok'd. She said this would hopefully done by tomorrow. After that they can begin to notify students so we may here something very soon!
Good Luck Everyone

wow. Now I am even more nervous. Good luck to all!!!!!!!

Hopefully this means we will hear something this week!

Since reading last year's thread. I have decided that if they have not given me a decision by May 31st, I will visit the admission office and ask them face to face their decision on my status, it being rejection or wait list. Then again this could go incredibly wrong, one of my co-workers offered to tape it and put it on Youtube as "Sweethelix's Last Stand". Anyone want to join me? :smuggrin:

I called Therese today and she said they have NOT decided on the final class yet, and would meet on Mon/Tues of next week to review more applications of students who have interviewed. Nyu2004, I don't know why she told you that when you called.

Here we go with the conflicting info again

I wonder whats going on especially when I read in another thread that someone did get a call on Friday from the admissions office. It's hard to say who is correct when our dear Drew has a history of giving out conflicting information from the mouths of people we're a supposed to trust. If this wasn't a program I really wanted to attend, I would be packing my bags to move and wouldn't take the abuse any longer, alas this is not the case and I must endure and stay with them like cheating spouse that I am financially dependent on, feeding me nothing but lies.
Oh yeah check out the thread so you all can try convincing this person to go to another school, so that the waitlist that some of us don't even know we're on will move. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=402642 :luck:

what if you still have not interviewed yet? is there still hope? or u guys think it's a done deal at this point?

I got my call last week. Are they still interviewing? When I called Therese told me they met to fill their class, but then someone said that the class was not full. I'm assuming that they filled their class theoretically but still have to wait for kids to accept their offer.
GOOD LUCK!

I got my call last week. Are they still interviewing? When I called Therese told me they met to fill their class, but then someone said that the class was not full. I'm assuming that they filled their class theoretically but still have to wait for kids to accept their offer.
GOOD LUCK!

you got your "acceptance" call?

Yea, I got my call from Dr. Miller who did my interview.

Thanks so much!!! Now it's decision time

Hi,

It seems evident that those of us on the waitlist have been designated as "second class citizens". As such, we are subject to recieve vague or inconsistent information from administrators who, frankly, don't care. While this may seem a bit cynical, I would be hard pressed to meet the "waitlister" who hasn't felt this way.

Drew, more than most schools, responds to who you know and who they can ally on your behalf. Just the other day, I had someone ask me what they were getting out of helping me with with my application. As distasteful as I find this, it seems indicative of how poorly we can be treated. On the other hand, we are only facing what other people have met.

At this point, all we can do is hope for the best while working on our respective contingency plans. Despite the lack of clarity we are dealing with, all of us have been fortunate enough to get this close. That means that it is within reach. That means that we can get to our goal, be it a Drew or elsewhere.

It could be worse. Look at what the peeps on Meharry's waitlist have to deal with.

Hello everyone..I withdrew my application from Drew since I got an offer I could not refuse..good luck to all of you still waiting to hear from them..:luck:

Hello everyone..I withdrew my application from Drew since I got an offer I could not refuse..good luck to all of you still waiting to hear from them..:luck:

Congratulations! Where are you headed? Did the folks at Drew offer anymore info?

Congratulations! Where are you headed? Did the folks at Drew offer anymore info?

I am headed to USC on a full ride scholarship:D And no, unfortunately Drew did not offer me any more news..:thumbdown: Overall, I have to say that I am very disappointed in Drew and its Blessing that I will not be going there. Drew was very disorganized and late on everything. Can you believe four months after my interview I still did not hear ANYTHING from them! So yea I had to do what I had to do..I wish the best of luck to all of you still waiting. Try calling or emailing..even though it didnt help me..it may help you...

I am headed to USC on a full ride scholarship:D And no, unfortunately Drew did not offer me any more news..:thumbdown: Overall, I have to say that I am very disappointed in Drew and its Blessing that I will not be going there. Drew was very disorganized and late on everything. Can you believe four months after my interview I still did not hear ANYTHING from them! So yea I had to do what I had to do..I wish the best of luck to all of you still waiting. Try calling or emailing..even though it didnt help me..it may help you...

WOW congrats!!! A full ride scholarship at USC no doubt is awesome. You must have a wonder full package (stats, interview, etc.). Drew missed out. I'm still waiting but even if I do hear I'm moving to texas.

signed,

sick of waiting

Many Congrats to IceCold.You are going to love 'SC especially for free. I have many friends that go there and they love it. Well I just got my waitlist letter today. I'm glad its not a rejection, but I can't seem to think that this is just delaying an inevitable rejection. I have to get my family to accept I will not be in SoCal in a month. Wishing you all the best. :luck:

Many Congrats to IceCold.You are going to love 'SC especially for free. I have many friends that go there and they love it. Well I just got my waitlist letter today. I'm glad its not a rejection, but I can't seem to think that this is just delaying an inevitable rejection. I have to get my family to accept I will not be in SoCal in a month. Wishing you all the best. :luck:

waitlisted but not giving up hope! i dont want to be in DC another 4 years :(

I called Drew today because I have not received any update on my status (waitlisted). I was told that there were four spots that had just opened up, and the admission committee is going to review the 12 applicants on the waitlist this week and decide on the four.

wow...are you serious! ? ! That is awesome news! Thanks so much for the update. Only 12 people on the waitlist :thumbup: Thats not a lot of people. Good luck to you and anyone else on the waitlist. Keep me posted as soon as you hear something.

Anyone hear anything yet?

im on the waitlist for Drew and i have not been accepted anywhere, and this is the only reason I am writing this. im asking if anyone has been accepted to another school to try to find it in ur heart to let someone like me, who has not been accepted to any school go to medical school.

i know that a lot of people lie on SDN, and i understand if you think I may be one of them, but im not. i understand that it is weird to post this, but i feel like there has to be some compassionate people out there, especially on the Drew waitlist, that would do this.

this is my first post and im not that familiar with SDN so if this was an outrageous post, sorry. but again, 100% authentic and sincere here.

you deserve your acceptance 100%, but if you feel like you could give it up easily, for something like the normal UCLA or other CA schools, then you would be doing something really amazing for someone like me, although not guaranteed.

i just i wanted to write this because it is how i felt, thanks again

im on the waitlist for Drew and i have not been accepted anywhere, and this is the only reason I am writing this. im asking if anyone has been accepted to another school to try to find it in ur heart to let someone like me, who has not been accepted to any school go to medical school.

i know that a lot of people lie on SDN, and i understand if you think I may be one of them, but im not. i understand that it is weird to post this, but i feel like there has to be some compassionate people out there, especially on the Drew waitlist, that would do this.

this is my first post and im not that familiar with SDN so if this was an outrageous post, sorry. but again, 100% authentic and sincere here.

you deserve your acceptance 100%, but if you feel like you could give it up easily, for something like the normal UCLA or other CA schools, then you would be doing something really amazing for someone like me, although not guaranteed.

i just i wanted to write this because it is how i felt, thanks again

Gutsy . . .

giannai,

I hope it works out for you! I would call Drew and let them know exactly how you feel! What have you done to update your file (LOI)? I don't know if any applicant has the power to personally GIVE his or her acceptance to you though!?!?! Good Luck and stay by you phone this week is what I hear.

Well it seems that Dena, wassupjoehu, giannai, and myself all really want to get into the program. Maybe all of us will get into those four slots:D. Giannai, I truly hope you receive good news from Drew. Good luck everyone

I just spoke to the admissions manager and apparently the 12 people on the waitlist is inaccurate. There are two waitlists, one for priority applicants and the other as a "backup" waitlist.

I just spoke to the admissions manager and apparently the 12 people on the waitlist is inaccurate. There are two waitlists, one for priority applicants and the other as a "backup" waitlist.

WHAT!:eek::scared::mad:

wassupjoehu said:
Hey Dena...was that all they said?

She said that there are two lists, the priority list is at UCLA, under review. The second, backup, list is at Drew. Unless they have exhausted the names on the priority list, they will not get to the other list.

This is the longest weekend, ever.

yes...all 4 of us (wherever gianni may have gone lol)