Drexel decision time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Additionally, FWIW, someone close to me overheard a VIP from admissions with other VIPs from admissions in a public area stating that the remainder of applicants they are looking for are non-traditional, possibly w/ significant others, looking to stay in Philly for a long amount of time. I fit all these criteria and heard back within 2 weeks. It seems to make a bit more sense than any of the other theories.

Members don't see this ad.

Additionally, FWIW, someone close to me overheard a VIP from admissions with other VIPs from admissions in a public area stating that the remainder of applicants they are looking for are non-traditional, possibly w/ significant others, looking to stay in Philly for a long amount of time. I fit all these criteria and heard back within 2 weeks. It seems to make a bit more sense than any of the other theories.

Does that mean they're only looking to accept those applicants at this point? Oh and 13 weeks here :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn. I should get a significant other then.

Off topic question but: Does the lottery system that Drexel uses for the clinical rotation years still apply if you're married? I wouldn't want to end up very in a different city for 16 weeks.

Off topic question but: Does the lottery system that Drexel uses for the clinical rotation years still apply if you're married? I wouldn't want to end up very in a different city for 16 weeks.

It usually works out regardless, but in this case, having a child is probably the only way to definitely ensure the ability to stay in Philly.

Be careful that they have the right address, my letter was sent to my fraternity house that I last lived at over 2 years ago.

Also, they only review you once. Then you get a decision. It takes between 1-2 weeks for them to process your letter and could be a bit longer for it to get to you. Or they process it right way. You can tell by now that it is not organized.

If I don't get it by Monday I will look into it. It would be very ironic that all my rejection letters get to me safely but my *fingerscrossed* acceptance gets lost in the mail.

So after the decision there are variable times for the letter to be processed? Does that time variation have anything to do with the nature of the decision?

That's still weird though. All these people who waited for the interview link to disappear for 8 weeks or more are JUST getting reviewed by the committee?

If I don't get it by Monday I will look into it. It would be very ironic that all my rejection letters get to me safely but my *fingerscrossed* acceptance gets lost in the mail.

So after the decision there are variable times for the letter to be processed? Does that time variation have anything to do with the nature of the decision?

That's still weird though. All these people who waited for the interview link to disappear for 8 weeks or more are JUST getting reviewed by the committee?

There are people >14 weeks that have not went to committee. This is a fact so if you're 8 weeks, you may have a lot more waiting to do.

Time variation has nothing to do with the nature of the letter... just when they get to it. Don't look too into anything for Drexel as far as time line is concerned.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone from Michigan or if anyone that goes to U of M is planning on going to Drexel. I noticed that WHYADOCTOR was accepted at Wayne, does that mean you are from Michigan also? I just received my acceptance from Drexel yesterday and plan on going here. Good luck to everyone! :)

I graduated from Michigan last year and am planning on attending Drexel this year! I'm glad to see you decided to come to Drexel too! :)

PS I interviewed 2/18 and found out last week.

So for those of us that are still on the wait list (cough cough me) has anybody called them on the phone and checked if their status had changed?

I called last week to check if my status had changed (I am also on the wait list) and was told in no uncertain terms that there would be no wait list movement until May. When I said that I had heard of movement already I was told that this is not true. I don't know why they are so cagey about this issue. Don't they know that we actually talk to each other? :laugh:
Good luck to all in wait list limbo with me! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Finally!! My link disappeared today! It has been a heck of a wait since I interviewed on Jan. 22. Good luck to all. Don't give up hope if you've been waiting forever.

Mine disappeared today as well....:scared:

Interviewed Feb. 28th.

Good luck. Hoping for good news...:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
:hello:
My link disappeared!
Does it mean the decision has been reached or that my file went to review? When I spoke with an admission person 2 weeks ago it looked that my file was already in post-interveiw review, but then when I called a few days later another person said something different. I am embarassed to call again because I called already hundreds of times and anyway they don't tell decisions on the phone.

I think the consensus is that the link disappearing means your file has gone to committee for review.
When did your link disappear, when did you interview? It all seems so random, with some people having to wait 2-3 weeks and others having to wait up to 14 weeks.

oops i clicked on my interview link (which is unfortunately still there after 6+ weeks) and then accidentally clicked on reschedule interview and now instead of "View Your Interview Appointment" the link says "Schedule a College of Medicine Interview." I hope this doesn't make them think I never scheduled an interview

Finally!! My link disappeared today! It has been a heck of a wait since I interviewed on Jan. 22. Good luck to all. Don't give up hope if you've been waiting forever.

YAY! That WAS a heck of a wait. Kudos to you for not imploding with impatience! Good luck to everyone else who had their link disappear today. :luck:

I called today and found out that my decision is (or will be in the near future) in the mail. Time to start staking out the mailbox.

Does anyone know when Drexel's final review date is? I believe I heard that they interview into May... does that mean that their committee will meet for initial decisions AFTER the May 15 magical date? :scared:

I interviewed on April 11th and the link disappeared yesterday. Anyone notice a relationship between a fast turnaround and acceptances?? Or to rephrase, anyone have a fast turnaround and get waitlisted or rejected??
Thanks!!

grrr... i interviewed 7 weeks ago and i still have the link!

so here's my timeline/experience with drexel:

03/23: interview
04/02: link disappears
04/10: decision letter mailed --> WAITLISTED

for waitlisters, they give you a choice to accept or decline a waitlist spot; i have decided to decline

hopefully, this will give those who are still waiting a means of comparison with their own timeline at drexel

goodluck to everyone ....

Does anyone know if Drexel is still sending out invites?

in.a.nutshell- I received an interview invite last week, on April 17th. The dates available for me were two in late April and May 1-4th.

Okay, decisions are made on Thursday, so are they mailed out on Friday? I was also wondering if acceptances come by certified mail, like they do at some other schools. Thanks in advance.

hey

I think they are mailed out on the following tuesday. My link went away on the 24th also so I am excited about finally hearing from them. I think it could take two weeks to finally get the decision in the mail. For everyone that had their link disappear on the 24th, post when you get your letter. Thanks and good luck : )!

Dr. PK,
With whom and when did you interview? Thanks. I interviewed mid March and my link is still there. Actually my link says schedule a college of medicine interview.

I received my acceptance letter today! I think I'm in shock. This was my second time applying and Drexel was my only interview out of 30+ schools. I guess all it takes is one sometimes!

Interviewed: 03/30
Link Disappeared: 04/11
Letter Dated: 04/23
Envelope Postmarked: 04/26
Received (in CA): 04/30!

To everyone still waiting, best of luck! :luck: To P from Pittsburgh, who I interviewed with, I hope you got in to!

And to Mean Guy, who I also interviewed with, and who felt it necessary to tell me (right before interviews began) that in his opinion first-time interviewees don't get accepted: I told you I would prove you wrong!:D

I received my acceptance letter today! I think I'm in shock. This was my second time applying and Drexel was my only interview out of 30+ schools. I guess all it takes is one sometimes!

To everyone still waiting, best of luck! :luck: To P from Pittsburgh, who I interviewed with, I hope you got in to!

And to Mean Guy, who I also interviewed with, and who felt it necessary to tell me (right before interviews began) that in his opinion first-time interviewees don't get accepted: I told you I would prove you wrong!:D

CONGRATS! :hardy:

First off, congratulations!!!!

Secondly, why is everyone who interviewed after me getting news and not me???

Show some love Drexel :(

Got mine today as well. First acceptance, 15 weeks post-interview, and to an old address!

interviewed 3/23

got my first MD acceptance, this stuff is like gold...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was accepted to Drexel and placed the deposit down. I now will be attending another school. Is that deposit refundable? I looked at their website and tried calling them, but they did not answer. Just wondering if anyone has gone through the same situation. I was only accepted to two schools and dont know how this process works and if deposits are usually refundable.

Good luck to all those on the waiting list. Either way, there will be one more spot in the next week or so.

congrats to all you were admitted. and good luck to all who are still waiting :luck:
for those who were already accepted: what have you turned in so far as far as the financial aid is concerned? also, where are all of you planning on staying? i don't know the area too well so i'm not sure which part/zone is better. thanks for the help

ditto on the congratulations for the recent acceptances!!!!!! i enjoyed my visit to drexel last week.....and i'm not expecting to hear back for awhile :laugh:

best wishes to everyone waiting to hear from drexel!!!!!!!!!!

who has their hearts set on PIL?

To those whose links disappeared last week, I called today and was told that a desicion had been made. Letters went out this morning.

I want to call and ask why they let some people know after 3 weeks and keep others who interviewed earlier waiting 10+ weeks.

Hey alayni I called on Monday and they said a decision has been made and I should hear back in no more than two weeks. I'm from cali so maybe that is why it takes longer. This wait is driving me crazy. Why can't they just post the decision on the drexel status page. Anyways good luck to all waiting. I'm sure they will let us all know something soon.

CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED!

And if you guys are asking about housing and locations to live, check out the Drexel 2011 thread, it in allo. There are tons of really great posts, including an interactive google map to show you what areas are better than others.

congrats again :) I'm excited to meet everyone in August! And to those still waiting, hang in there!

Hey alayni I called on Monday and they said a decision has been made and I should hear back in no more than two weeks. I'm from cali so maybe that is why it takes longer. This wait is driving me crazy. Why can't they just post the decision on the drexel status page. Anyways good luck to all waiting. I'm sure they will let us all know something soon.

They do post the status on the webpage, there is another link once you click on your application cycle. At least mine shows up on my application page. Maybe it just doesn't show up until a week or two after the decision?

They do post the status on the webpage, there is another link once you click on your application cycle. At least mine shows up on my application page. Maybe it just doesn't show up until a week or two after the decision?

Hey

I checked my view your decision link and it says decision not available. Maybe it will appear in a week or so. Thanks.

Hey

I checked my view your decision link and it says decision not available. Maybe it will appear in a week or so. Thanks.

Hopefully it will! I honestly can't really give that great of advice because I honestly didn't even check mine until the day after I got my letter in the mail. Although that suggests that they update the website before you return any forms to them, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to wait too much longer! I'm sure the wait is killer!

My interview link disappeared last Fri. Haven't received a decision yet though. Just out of curiosity, has anyone had to decide between Drexel and Albany? If so, which did/would you choose and why? thanks!

Edit: I interviewed Apr 4

my link disappeared today...

i interviewed 3/9

I interviewed 4/30 and my link disappeared today. Does anyone else think that this is a little weird? Anyone have any thoughts/guesses as to whether this is good or bad having it disappear in 3 days? Thanks.:luck:

I interviewed 4/30 and my link disappeared today. Does anyone else think that this is a little weird? Anyone have any thoughts/guesses as to whether this is good or bad having it disappear in 3 days? Thanks.:luck:

There were two others in this thread whose links disappeared quickly, though not as quickly as you. I think theirs went away 1-2 weeks after interview: one got in, the other got waitlisted. Good luck to you!

I think the general consensus is that there is no rhyme nor reason to the way in which Drexel reviews its applicants. It seems like some get a decision right away, and it can be an acceptance/waitlist/rejection, while others have to wait weeks if not months, getting the same possible results. Good luck to you!