Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was it over the phone, email, or portal ?
Congrats? On a Sunday? Hmmmm.., I was hoping I would be hearing tomorrow cos it's the weekend and I wasn't expecting to hear anything. But now i m paranoid again that I m waiting for the rejection letter. :bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 25... got an email

Reactions: 1 user
I am really praying that we all get in... m from Texas if at all that makes a difference. I haven't checked portal since I sent my application. Good luck everyone

May 25 was the last date of interviews . we all should be expecting rejection emails now lol

Has anyone who interviewed on the 16th heard anything?

I got in!!!

I'm in total shock right now. God is too good!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! U also received an email like the others?

Yup. I got an email at 12:24PM. I didn't see the acceptance until I got home from philly. I went to the roots picnic last night. I pray to God that I can call Philly home for the next five years

Reactions: 1 users
Yup. I got an email at 12:24PM. I didn't see the acceptance until I got home from philly. I went to the roots picnic last night. I pray to God that I can call Philly home for the next five years
Congrats! When did u interview?

I also received an acceptance today by email! Interviewed on 5/22. No change in portal as of yet.

Last edited:
Hey, congrats! Did your email have any information in it other than saying your accepted and the start date? Specifically about housing and if they are providing housing, when it opens up for us? I was accepted via phone call on Tuesday, and was told they would be sending an email with more information, but I haven't received it yet :(

no acceptance as of yet and 5/8 was my interview. pretty sure i'll be rejected seeing as how theres acceptances being flushed out today. bracing myself!

no acceptance as of yet and 5/8 was my interview. pretty sure i'll be rejected seeing as how theres acceptances being flushed out today. bracing myself!
Same here ! It's all good don't worry about it. If not here then somewhere another door will open for us all.

Hey, congrats! Did your email have any information in it other than saying your accepted and the start date? Specifically about housing and if they are providing housing, when it opens up for us? I was accepted via phone call on Tuesday, and was told they would be sending an email with more information, but I haven't received it yet :(

It didn't say much other than we will be sending additional information shortly. It also didn't say whether I was in track I or II.

Congrats! When did u interview?

May 25th. So I think I said it before, they broke us down into three groups based on date. They probably finalized their decisions for the third group on Thursday or Friday. But don't lose hope. Maybe you will hear something tomorrow!!! The acceptances weren't released to everyone at the same
Time. Maybe they are still deciding! Maybe some people won't accept if they are in track I. Who knows?

Nice ;) I was in Philly for the weekend as well. Congrats on the acceptance!

I am in!!!! Also got the email around noon yesterday but have not checked the portal.

Where is the facebook group? I need to find a place to live ASAP

Soo....ppl who interviewed between April 25 and May 4th (first interviewers) haven't heard back?

I'm assuming that today, they'll send out acceptances to the second batch of interviewees. And then tomorrow, the first batch (?)
Unless anyone who interviewed between April 25th and May 4th can confirm if they got accepted

I'm assuming that today, they'll send out acceptances to the second batch of interviewees. And then tomorrow, the first batch (?)
Unless anyone who interviewed between April 25th and May 4th can confirm if they got accepted
No ppl have gotten accepted that interviewed may 4 it's really random tbh

For the ones that haven't even received interview calls, would it be pointless waiting for one now or should we move on? I was supposed to fly back home to visit my grandparents but have been stuck in the States with the hopes of receiving a call from Drexel.

I interviewed May 18th and got accepted yesterday.. unsure if I'm going to accept because my interviewer told me to just apply regularly and not spend money/stress on the MS year. She also told me only 17/40 of the initial DPMS students from last year made it to white coat... seems fishy

everyone! This is the Facebook group
I interviewed May 18th and got accepted yesterday.. unsure if I'm going to accept because my interviewer told me to just apply regularly and not spend money/stress on the MS year. She also told me only 17/40 of the initial DPMS students from last year made it to white coat... seems fishy

That's interesting. Only 22 people were accepted last year and 16 people matriculated into the medical school.

I have heard so many different stats on the amount of people matriculating into the med school the year after...it all just seems fishy to me. I interviewed and like many others, I am waiting to hear back. I called today, but the lady who answered just seemed so unsure about everything and said, decisions should be out by next week. Wanted to say tf, u said that last week, and the week before, but you know, I kept my cool. At this point, I feel like keeping most of us in the dark says a lot of the admissions committee and its commitment to its potential student base. I am okay if I don't end up getting, but we at least deserve to have heard back already. What a nuisance.... It makes me even second think about going to this program if I get accepted.

I have heard so many different stats on the amount of people matriculating into the med school the year after...it all just seems fishy to me. I interviewed and like many others, I am waiting to hear back. I called today, but the lady who answered just seemed so unsure about everything and said, decisions should be out by next week. Wanted to say tf, u said that last week, and the week before, but you know, I kept my cool. At this point, I feel like keeping most of us in the dark says a lot of the admissions committee and its commitment to its potential student base. I am okay if I don't end up getting, but we at least deserve to have heard back already. What a nuisance.... It makes me even second think about going to this program if I get accepted.
I was thinking the same thing. The lack of organization this program is already showing really reflects poorly on their commitment to the students they accept and ultimately, the effectiveness of the program. I also spoke with the "lady on the phone" (I'm assuming your referring to the woman whose name starts with an L) and she told me the same thing last week and was even a bit dismissive about it.

I'm not one to bad mouth anyone or even be cynical about situations like this, but I'm not getting a good feeling from this program at this point (one month later after having interviewed). What's worse is that I haven't even started it much less heard anything from them.

I'm still hopeful that tomorrow, they'll finally reach out so that I can finally have some kind of closure. But if they still don't by the end of tomorrow, I think I may withdraw my app.

The plot thickens...

I was thinking the same thing. The lack of organization this program is already showing really reflects poorly on their commitment to the students they accept and ultimately, the effectiveness of the program. I also spoke with the "lady on the phone" (I'm assuming your referring to the woman whose name starts with an L) and she told me the same thing last week and was even a bit dismissive about it.

I'm not one to bad mouth anyone or even be cynical about situations like this, but I'm not getting a good feeling from this program at this point (one month later after having interviewed). What's worse is that I haven't even started it much less heard anything from them.

I'm still hopeful that tomorrow, they'll finally reach out so that I can finally have some kind of closure. But if they still don't by the end of tomorrow, I think I may withdraw my app.

If I recall correctly, she was very dismissive to me as well, it almost got me mad. I thought I was imaging it because I was frustrated, but I agree with you. It's just disrespectful to make us wait this long in the dark and then expect us to stop whatever we're doing in life to move to philly if we do end up getting in. I feel as though we've all been patient and more than deserve to hear back ASAP. If I don't end up hearing back in the next day or so, I will also withdraw.

I am in!!!! Also got the email around noon yesterday but have not checked the portal.

Where is the facebook group? I need to find a place to live ASAP
If I recall correctly, she was very dismissive to me as well, it almost got me mad. I thought I was imaging it because I was frustrated, but I agree with you. It's just disrespectful to make us wait this long in the dark and then expect us to stop whatever we're doing in life to move to philly if we do end up getting in. I feel as though we've all been patient and more than deserve to hear back ASAP. If I don't end up hearing back in the next day or so, I will also withdraw.

Anyone heard back yet today? And oh sorry guys I creeped on the group on Facebook and I saw a chick that I interviewed with on may 4th who got in. And the group is 31 members steontbqt this point so I am sure the rejections will follow soon. I am sorry to be negative but gotta brace ourselves for the incoming bad news! :hurting::cold::bang:

I heard there were 26 or 22 (not sure) students and 17 matriculated. So I guess they accepted 40 only 26/22 accepted the offer then 17 made it. The spend money part makes sense but as for the stress part, I like to think that I need to get use to it for the future. Nothing is ever easy but once you're use to it, it becomes easier. I admire people in Track II because MCAT is most likely the major thing that holds people back.