This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yupissanontrad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to sdn, just joined. cGPA 2.92 MCAT 506.

I don't know if this happened for a lot of folks or not but I got a serious reality check when applying to post-bacc programs. I thought it would be easier. I applied to Loyola's MPMS, BU MAMS, EVMS 2-year, Drexel MS in biomedical science and a few others. After getting rejected from many of these higher tier programs I readjusted my sights and applied to Dominican, Liberty, Drexel IHS, Chatham, and Rocky vista.

Currently I'm into Liberty, Dominican, Drexel IHS (not IMS) and Chatham, with the two real options being Drexel IHS and chatham. I'm still waiting to hear back from EVMS but it doesn't look good because of a C- in gen. chem. 1.

I know that I could take time to retake undergraduate courses and boost my GPA, but that option just doesn't have the same sort of momentum that a structured program does. I'm trying to get somewhere, staying at home is killing me.

What I'm mostly wondering is which program gives me the best shot of getting into med school. I'm leaning toward Drexel because of their size and the fact that they have a medical school, but I am worried that the program might not be past its initial development/establishment phase.

I would love to hear from anyone who has taken part in either of these two programs and their outcome as well as the outcome of the students you took the program with. Any advice is welcome.

If you read all of this, bless your soul.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I don't know if this happened for a lot of folks or not but I got a serious reality check when applying to post-bacc programs. I thought it would be easier. I applied to Loyola's MPMS, BU MAMS, EVMS 2-year, Drexel MS in biomedical science and a few others. After getting rejected from many of these higher tier programs I readjusted my sights and applied to Dominican, Liberty, Drexel IHS, Chatham, and Rocky vista.

Currently I'm into Liberty, Dominican, Drexel IHS (not IMS) and Chatham, with the two real options being Drexel IHS and chatham. I'm still waiting to hear back from EVMS but it doesn't look good because of a C- in gen. chem. 1.

I know that I could take time to retake undergraduate courses and boost my GPA, but that option just doesn't have the same sort of momentum that a structured program does. I'm trying to get somewhere, staying at home is killing me.

What I'm mostly wondering is which program gives me the best shot of getting into med school. I'm leaning toward Drexel because of their size and the fact that they have a medical school, but I am worried that the program might not be past its initial development/establishment phase.

I would love to hear from anyone who has taken part in either of these two programs and their outcome as well as the outcome of the students you took the program with. Any advice is welcome.

Cheers
Hi! I was considering Drexel as well for the same reason but opted to attend Chatham after touring and learning more about the program. The program you choose can only help you as much as you help yourself. Consider this, I went to UPITT and a lot of my fellow classmates didn't even get into PITT Med and had to attend the Caribbean schools. So it's not about the institution that much.... Also, Chathams curriculum is not just a repeat of undergrad courses, but graduate and medical school level sciences that will make your application outstanding. Everyone I know who graduated from Chatham has gone on to achieve their goals. You have to set goals and crush them. I took most of my preMed courses at community college for financial reasons. Choose what works best for you! Good luck!

@yu
Hey guys,

Cheers

Hello! I have similar choices to make! What post bacc did you decide on and have you made it into any med schools?