ILLmatic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
I sent drexel an e-mail recently asking about my application status and they replied saying they had sent an interview invite in mid-september and to verify my address. This really sucks, do you think I will still be able to schedule an interview?

fiddler

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
ILLmatic said:
I sent drexel an e-mail recently asking about my application status and they replied saying they had sent an interview invite in mid-september and to verify my address. This really sucks, do you think I will still be able to schedule an interview?
You don't have anything to lose. Call them and see what they say.

fiddler

DrPain

OHSU 2010 WooHoo!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
CA
Status
fiddler said:
You don't have anything to lose. Call them and see what they say.

fiddler
I called the other day and they said "oh yeah we invited you for an interview 2 1/2 weeks ago." I never got anything and i suspect they never sent it. Disorganized.

About the Ads

ILLmatic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
thats always nice to hear.
did they end up letting you schedule?

kalenakai

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I confirmed my interview date with Drexel 2 weeks ago (for Jan 23rd), but still haven't received any additional information yet. Any ideas if and how long it takes to receive additional information?

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
you would think the mystical "email" would be used as a back-up after they send out the snail mail....don't the schools wonder why someone hasn't responded to an interview invite? I think if you don't respond, they should try to contact you some other way...that's really not fair, i feel bad for you guys sorry :( i hope you guys still get a decent date, and are given a fair chance since you should've interviewed earlier

OddNath

15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Houston
Status
Attending Physician
DrPain said:
I called the other day and they said "oh yeah we invited you for an interview 2 1/2 weeks ago." I never got anything and i suspect they never sent it. Disorganized.
This doesn't surprise me-- I was waitlisted for the MD/PhD program, but the letter never got to me. When I contacted them over the summer (just for kicks) to see what happened, they told me that I would've come off the waitlist if I hadn't withdrawn my MD-only spot..

Good thing it didn't end up mattering for me, but best of luck to the OP!

Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
Between Michigan & Massachusetts
Status
Medical Student
ILLmatic said:
Man that makes me nervous! :scared: Just this Wednesday, a different school called me on the phone to confirm that I was coming to my interview on next Wednesday. First I'd heard of it! Thank God they called to confirm!
They say they sent my email invitation 3 weeks ago, but I never saw it. (They did have the correct email address, too.) Oh yeah, 2 days AFTER that emailed invitation was sent to me, I had contacted them to find out if my application was complete since I hadn't heard yet. So why didn't they mention the interview when they told me that yes, my application was complete?? What else am I not getting messages about, I wonder.... :confused: Its okay - if I get accepted somewhere, it won't matter - but your story worries me all the more!

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
So, should I call every school I applied to that has not contacted me so that I can check on my status?

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
chaeymaey said:
So, should I call every school I applied to that has not contacted me so that I can check on my status?
You mean you haven't been doing that already?...And you call yourself an SDNer. ;)

Pontifex Maximus

Rads-a-palooza
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
chaeymaey said:
I did that about 2 weeks ago for 7-8 schools and it netted me an interview. Its worth a try, but mostly fruitless.

MechE

Med School's Slave
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know how long after your interview it takes to hear back from Drexel?

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
wow, drexel's got some serious organizational issues. i work for an industry where we mail tons of stuff, and pretty close to 100% of all mail sent to a correct address arrives. if there a multiple people who aren't getting mailings, then the mailings aren't getting sent. well, unless you've already noticed trouble with your mail -- but in that case, you'd not be receiving lots of things.

ILLmatic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
to give you an update, the earliest date they have available is 3/29...really sucks, hopefully i wont have to even go in the end

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MechE said:
Does anyone know how long after your interview it takes to hear back from Drexel?
it seems really random. i think it has a everything to do with when your reviewers turn in their evaluations. some people on sdn have been waiting for two months with no answer still. then, i think someone else was accepted after only 2 or 3 weeks. at the actual interview, they told us 6-8 weeks was the norm. i hit the six week mark today with no work still. in any case, i think it'd be a safe bet to just assume that your decision will take at least 6 weeks at this point. best of luck!

PhillyEaglesFan

Little Yellow Schoolbus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
PA
Visit site
Status
I scheduled an interview with Drexel in September for a November interview. The day of the interview, I showed up and they didn't have my name on the list of people to be interviewed that day.

Very nice people at Drexel, but it does seem a little disorganized.

About the Ads