Drexel Rejection part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RayhanS1282 said:
A little update, got the thin rejection letter from Drexel yet. Looks like I crapped out this year's cycle as well. Oh well, it was nice to imagine while it lasted. The only consolation is that it was fast. That might also mean, that I sucked that much more. If Cozmosis holds the current record for the fastest accpetance, I am happy to accept the record for the fastest rejection, 'cause my decision was made in less than 3 weeks.

This application cycle is basically over for me at this point. I have wasted too much time and money trying to apply to U.S. schools anyways.

I wish the rest of you fine folks the luck I didn't have.
\

Sorry to hear the rejection. But you do not have the fastest rejection, I do. I was rejected in 10 days after my interview. They must have REALLY hated me. Bastards!

Members don't see this ad.

worst news ever. sorry to hear it buddy. fockin drexel...
-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
A little update, got the thin rejection letter from Drexel yet. Looks like I crapped out this year's cycle as well. Oh well, it was nice to imagine while it lasted. The only consolation is that it was fast. That might also mean, that I sucked that much more. If Cozmosis holds the current record for the fastest accpetance, I am happy to accept the record for the fastest rejection, 'cause my decision was made in less than 3 weeks.

This application cycle is basically over for me at this point. I have wasted too much time and money trying to apply to U.S. schools anyways.

I wish the rest of you fine folks the luck I didn't have.

hey rayhan, sorry to hear about it. :( :thumbdown: poo for them. time to go barhopping with some friends!

I'm really sorry Rayhan. I can't imagine what they can possibly want! I was sure that you'd be one of the lucky one interview -> acceptance people.
Your application is completely fine (maybe it's the essay or something??). I think you should apply again to U.S. schools. And don't give up yet on this cycle!

Rayhan, :( . All I can say is there's no justice in this world and the drexel adcoms along with all those other adcoms are idiots. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for all the kind words pre and post interview guys. I was looking to Ross but I got really good advice from Bobo and I am going to apply for the SMP program.

Rayhan, I'm so sorry to hear the news :( :(

On the bright side, LOTS of people go through SMP programs and other things and apply a second time and get in and become fabulous doctors. So I wish you the best of luck!

Really sorry that you didnt get accepted. Your stats look good, you've been doing volunteering, decent grades and good mcats.

Maybe try contacting the adcomm at drexel and ask what they didnt like. It might have been one thing, your essay, something you said in the interview. If you find out what they were looking for maybe its something you can change and then next year get in.

Good luck

RayhanS1282 said:
Thanks for all the kind words pre and post interview guys. I was looking to Ross but I got really good advice from Bobo and I am going to apply for the SMP program.

If its any consolation to you, I am a reapplicant who did the SMP. I didnt get any interviews my first time applying but after doing the SMP (and not doing too great either) I got 5 interviews this time around (only took mcat once, didnt retake in between application cycles). Frankly, adcoms really just want to see if you can do well in science courses....they want hard workers, not necessarily geniuses. Thats why you see people with great GPAs getting in with below average mcat. Do the SMP, work your a$$ off while in the program and re-apply and Im sure you wont have any problems getting in somewhere. Good luck and PM me if you have any qestions about the program.

Vizsla said:
If its any consolation to you, I am a reapplicant who did the SMP. I didnt get any interviews my first time applying but after doing the SMP (and not doing too great either) I got 5 interviews this time around (only took mcat once, didnt retake in between application cycles). Frankly, adcoms really just want to see if you can do well in science courses....they want hard workers, not necessarily geniuses. Thats why you see people with great GPAs getting in with below average mcat. Do the SMP, work your a$$ off while in the program and re-apply and Im sure you wont have any problems getting in somewhere. Good luck and PM me if you have any qestions about the program.

I agree with the above. I am a re-applicant, and when I first applied with low GPA and low MCAT, I did not get a single interview. With a much higher BCPM GPA in Masters of Science and low MCAT, I got 4 interviews this round and one acceptance so far. I think science GPA is the most important qualification, and improving it can have a tremendously different outcome in your application process. Good luck.

I interviewed on the same date, i got a letter that i was wait listed today. :(
what are the chances of coming off the wait list/ and what should i do to help my chances? any help would be awesome. Thanks guys

Vitriol said:
I interviewed on the same date, i got a letter that i was wait listed today. :(
what are the chances of coming off the wait list/ and what should i do to help my chances? any help would be awesome. Thanks guys

dont worry, drexel takes lots of people off the waitlist every yr. If you want, you can write letter of interest, send letter with updated activities/awards/publications or send new letters of rec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Vizsla said:
dont worry, drexel takes lots of people off the waitlist every yr. If you want, you can write letter of interest, send letter with updated activities/awards/publications or send new letters of rec.

where you ending up next year viz?

sorry rayhan :( , i hope you don't give up on your dreams :luck:

C.P. Jones said:
sorry rayhan :( , i hope you don't give up on your dreams :luck:
seconded. don't give up man. i'm in the process of applying to postbaccs too.

any news for those of us waiting for over 15weeks post interview?

DrHuang said:
where you ending up next year viz?

god only knows....hopefully gdubya but we will see. are u going to be at SLU?

natashka said:
any news for those of us waiting for over 15weeks post interview?

i dunno but i'm at 20 weeks post interview as of today. didn't call today in the attempt of trying on monday to talk to a different person than i usually do. good to know i'm not the only one still waiting tho!!

tigress said:
the issue may very well be an interviewer who never turned in an evaluation. Without that the adcom can't evaluate your application and make a decision. So if you call and find out that's the case, you can try contacting the interviewer and asking them to help you out by sending that evaluation in.
So, as one of these people waiting for an interview eval, I have to ask: is that really a good idea? What if you piss them off by asking them to turn it in?

i really don't think its all about the interview eval. my interviewer said he would turn in my evaluation by the end of our interview day (he sounded pretty sincere) and i still haven't heard, while people who've interviewed after me have already heard (both rejected and accepted). weird.
-mota

so i just called and they said a post-interview decision was made friday and my letter will be sent out tomorrow. but she made absolutely NO hint at all as to what it was. eventhough i charmed her and made her laugh and then just asked if it was good or bad. anyone else have this experience? whats the deal.
-mota

I just want all the waiting to end

I need to know if I got in or not. I'm sure the rest of you waiting feel the same, especially for those of you like me in which this was your only interview

Does anyone know how the committee reach the decision? My interviewer told me that he would give me a good evaluation but then again my interview was only 15 minutes and we spent most of it discussing harry potter :eek: But yea, I ended up on the waitlist. Anyone know if the waitlist will get update? should i call them about it?

drmota said:
i really don't think its all about the interview eval. my interviewer said he would turn in my evaluation by the end of our interview day (he sounded pretty sincere) and i still haven't heard, while people who've interviewed after me have already heard (both rejected and accepted). weird.
-mota
Well, I think the evaluation is necessary but not sufficient for a decision. Obviously there are people who have delays even with the evaluations turned in, but there's no way they can decide on someone with no eval, and it's absurd for an interviewer not to have done that six weeks after the interview. How can they remember anything by then?

hey guys. i'll be giving up my spot on the waitlist in the next few days. it's not much, but hopefully it'll end up helping someone in the long run. best of luck. :thumbup:

I've been following this post on and off for a while now. So sorry to hear about your rejection Rayhan. :( I also interviewed on Jan. 21st, but I don't have the courage to call them up yet.

medstylee said:
hey guys. i'll be giving up my spot on the waitlist in the next few days. it's not much, but hopefully it'll end up helping someone in the long run. best of luck. :thumbup:

Hey!!!

Where are you going medstylee? Have you decided yet?

beponychick said:
Hey!!!

Where are you going medstylee? Have you decided yet?

hey! i got into new york medical college. :D i'm still waiting to hear from 2 other schools post-interview, but i'm pretty sure that i'll be attending nymc unless i get into george washington off their waitlist. very exciting stuff. you're pretty much set on robert wood, right? congrats on your success!

medstylee said:
hey! i got into new york medical college. :D i'm still waiting to hear from 2 other schools post-interview, but i'm pretty sure that i'll be attending nymc unless i get into george washington off their waitlist. very exciting stuff. you're pretty much set on robert wood, right? congrats on your success!

Hey Medstylee,

Congrats on NYMC! Great school!!!! :D

Yes I am pretty much set on RWJ. I liked the school a lot and it doesnt make sense for me to stay on the NJMS waitlist. I gave up my Drexel spot so hopefully someone will get that. But yes, Im super excited. Looking for housing and everything right now around New Brunswick. This process has been sooo crazy!!! in a good way though... :)

Hi guys,
Is anyone in here interviewed on Jan. 21st or in that ballpark still waiting to hear a decision? Happy St. Patricks Day. :luck:

confuse said:
Hi guys,
Is anyone in here interviewed on Jan. 21st or in that ballpark still waiting to hear a decision? Happy St. Patricks Day. :luck:

i was jan 21st and haven't heard anything yet. i called last week and i had just gone to committee. the woman said three to four weeks and i'd have an answer

mjc48 said:
i was jan 21st and haven't heard anything yet. i called last week and i had just gone to committee. the woman said three to four weeks and i'd have an answer

hah! good luck with that. i interviewed in october and am still waiting to hear. they just tell you that it'll be a few more days or weeks. i don't they they actually know themselves.

red dot said:
hah! good luck with that. i interviewed in october and am still waiting to hear. they just tell you that it'll be a few more days or weeks. i don't they they actually know themselves.

to be honest, i don't expect a damn thing from those idiots. when i went for my interview i got scheduled to meet with an empty room!! i went back to the office, and the woman told me i had the wrong time sheet in my folder. she then printed the "updated" one, only to realize that my scheduled student interview had passed over an hour ago. we ran around for another fifteen minutes, found a student that wasn't busy...it was a great experience...and a great first impression...

Glad to see that this thread is alive and well, unfortunately due to the fact that people are waiting ridiculously long to hear from Drexel. I am on week 23--next week will be my 6 month aniversary of my Drexel interview! And still no word.

However, today I spoke to a rather helpful woman for a change. Finally found out the reason its taking so long--STILL waiting for evaluations. No one else I talked to would give me that information. Guess whoever was evaluting me has FORGOTTEN about me. Gosh I hope its my interviewer! He'll have some perspective when writing it! Or the blind reviewer, tumbles across a file that got stuck under his desk and realizes he's finally found the perfect applicant he's been searching for to recommend for admission!

So this kind woman said she would make a note of this and let the director know that there are evaluations missing so that the director would kick some butt and get those evals in (my words, not hers). Wow, some praticallity and logic. Now why couldn't some kind admissions person do that like 3 months ago?!?

Those waiting WAY too long call today! Perhaps she'll help you out as well. Sorry I didn't catch her name.

HC05nmd said:
Glad to see that this thread is alive and well, unfortunately due to the fact that people are waiting ridiculously long to hear from Drexel. I am on week 23--next week will be my 6 month aniversary of my Drexel interview! And still no word.

However, today I spoke to a rather helpful woman for a change. Finally found out the reason its taking so long--STILL waiting for evaluations. No one else I talked to would give me that information. Guess whoever was evaluting me has FORGOTTEN about me. Gosh I hope its my interviewer! He'll have some perspective when writing it! Or the blind reviewer, tumbles across a file that got stuck under his desk and realizes he's finally found the perfect applicant he's been searching for to recommend for admission!

So this kind woman said she would make a note of this and let the director know that there are evaluations missing so that the director would kick some butt and get those evals in (my words, not hers). Wow, some praticallity and logic. Now why couldn't some kind admissions person do that like 3 months ago?!?

Those waiting WAY too long call today! Perhaps she'll help you out as well. Sorry I didn't catch her name.

sounds about par for the course with them...it's funny, because one of the selling points they focus on is how attentive they are to their students...i guess that's only after matriculation...

mjc48 said:
sounds about par for the course with them...it's funny, because one of the selling points they focus on is how attentive they are to their students...i guess that's only after matriculation...

Yeah, well, you try dealing with 10,000+ applicants and see how you handle things. :rolleyes:

There are really too many interviews that get offered.

just got an email from lisa cifelli inviting me for accepted students day. only problem would be i haven't gotten an acceptance yet. what do you guys think?

mjc48 said:
just got an email from lisa cifelli inviting me for accepted students day. only problem would be i haven't gotten an acceptance yet. what do you guys think?
I think you've been accepted and your letter is in the mail on its way to you. I found out about my interview the same way. Call the office, and congratulations!

mjc48,
I think it's an acceptance. Why don't you call Drexel to see what's up? Congratulations! I was also interviewed Jan. 21st and my file is going to the committee tomorrow. I just learned that the committee meets every Thursday and if a decision is made, it will be mailed out the following Tuesday.

pseudoknot said:
I think you've been accepted and your letter is in the mail on its way to you. I found out about my interview the same way. Call the office, and congratulations!

i called the office and you're right, it was premature notice that i'm getting a big envelope soon. good luck to everyone still reading this thread! hopefully i'll see you april 1st

should people who have yet to hear a post-interview response from drexel consider it a rejection? before i could chalk it up to being late, but it's almost the end of march.

btw, mjc48, congratulations! :) yay!

Hello everyone,
Interviewed Jan. 21st. I just got the waitlist letter. Does the Drexel waitlist really move? Good luck on everyone who is still waiting.

confuse said:
Hello everyone,
Interviewed Jan. 21st. I just got the waitlist letter. Does the Drexel waitlist really move? Good luck on everyone who is still waiting.

definitely...lots of people drop their acceptance to Drexel and its such a huge class anyways so they interview and accept a crapload of people...

Vizsla said:
definitely...lots of people drop their acceptance to Drexel and its such a huge class anyways so they interview and accept a crapload of people...

I was also waitlisted, but my letter said that my file will also be review again. Is that a good thing? Does it mean that they can just reject me without putting me back on the waitilist after the second review. Also, about when do you think the waitlist will start moving.

From my interview, I seem to remeber that you could call Drexel if you are on the waitlist and see what third your in (top, middle, bottom.)

I just got an acceptance letter yesterday. I interviewed on Jan 18th so I've been waiting for quite a while. For all of those still waiting, good luck. I cannot tell you how happy I was when I got that letter yesterday, all the waiting I've been doing for the past two years is over and I'm finally in.

I want to thank everyone on SDN for your support through this greuling process.

rup47 said:
I just got an acceptance letter yesterday. I interviewed on Jan 18th so I've been waiting for quite a while. For all of those still waiting, good luck. I cannot tell you how happy I was when I got that letter yesterday, all the waiting I've been doing for the past two years is over and I'm finally in.

congratulations! that's awesome....hopefully i'll be saying the same thing in a few weeks :)

rup47 said:

Congratulations! And good luck on your first choice as well!

hey guys, i should be withdrawing my deposit at drexel by the end of the week (once a formal offer letter arrives from another program). I hope this helps someone who's waitlisted. Drexel is a great school, and I wish everyone still waiting to hear the best of luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.