Drexel Rejection part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cozmosis said:
Yes. Especially cause they won't tell you anything. I heard 3 weeks post interview and that was the fastest I'd heard of anyone being notified.

cool, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ayznshorti said:
Got my drexel rejection in the mail on Saturday. Such is life.

Sorry to hear that. Was this pre or post interview?

mjc48 said:
hey guys, i interviewed at drexel on jan 21st, do you think it's too soon to call them and check on my status?

Hey, I was there that day too. I agree with Cozmosis and would hold off on the calling...at least 'till next week. But I still have itchy phoning finger and I called Drexel but didn't say anything but just breathed heavily into the phone. It's a great stress reliever.

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
Hey, I was there that day too. I agree with Cozmosis and would hold off on the calling...at least 'till next week. But I still have itchy phoning finger and I called Drexel but didn't say anything but just breathed heavily into the phone. It's a great stress reliever.

i saw on a couple of people's profiles that they got their acceptances around two to three weeks post interview. right about now i could use some good news since i haven't gotten any yet. although scaring the admissions office (which horribly messed up my student interview) might be cathartic.

ddog01 said:
OUCH! I just got a very short email from Drexel that basically says I'm on HOLD, I may be reviewed later in the cycle, and it listed the LORs that were received.

How bad is this? How many people on HOLD get interviewed and, more importantly, get in? Anyone? I would love to hear from you. I am having another LOR sent there...will it make a difference? Should I write a letter asking them to review my file again?

Thanks, I'm very confused by this.

-D

Hey ddog,
I got the same email.. Id say we are screwed. Let me know if you find out anything regarding a re-review request

mjc48 said:
hey guys, i interviewed at drexel on jan 21st, do you think it's too soon to call them and check on my status?
It's only been a little over two weeks...just relax and take in deep breaths. I interviewed early January and they told me I'd hear 6-8 weeks. I had a friend who went just recently too and was told the same thing. I would just wait out the full 8 weeks before I pester them. There are a lot more people who interviewed before you who are still waiting patiently.

It seems that everyone heard at least something -- interview or hold. I was complete in Sept and I just called and again, my application hasn't even been reviewed yet. Anyone in the same situation?

Apparition said:
It seems that everyone heard at least something -- interview or hold. I was complete in Sept and I just called and again, my application hasn't even been reviewed yet. Anyone in the same situation?

same boat here...complete in sept...i still had not been reviewed as of last friday. but they did receive my letter of interest (nov), additional letter of support (dec), and journal abstract (jan)...i think i'm done sending things in...lol....good luck!

mjc48 said:
i saw on a couple of people's profiles that they got their acceptances around two to three weeks post interview. right about now i could use some good news since i haven't gotten any yet. although scaring the admissions office (which horribly messed up my student interview) might be cathartic.

really? from what i've seen its mostly over 8 weeks? are you talking about recently?
-mota

ok, well this is really sad, but i just got home and opened my thin letter from drexel. and i wasn't even expecting to hear anything from them for another couple weeks or more.

i interviewed first week of january, if that helps.

i am so sad.

bubbleyum said:
ok, well this is really sad, but i just got home and opened my thin letter from drexel. and i wasn't even expecting to hear anything from them for another couple weeks or more.

i am so sad.
sorry bubbleyum :(

bubbleyum said:

i am so sad.

thats awful babe. hang in there though. just remember...whether you think that you can or you can't...you're right.

-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my rejection "mini letter" today! So be it.

I interviewed at Drexel on December 2. Dr. Hanau told me the same thing as everyone else, "wait 6-8 weeks." I emailed them a week ago. After no response I called today. The admissions lady told me there had been "no movement on my application." Unbeleivable. She also told me that there's only one person replying to emails in the office.

Good luck everyone and keep up the patience!

littlbluepengui said:
I interviewed at Drexel on December 2. Dr. Hanau told me the same thing as everyone else, "wait 6-8 weeks." I emailed them a week ago. After no response I called today. The admissions lady told me there had been "no movement on my application." Unbeleivable. She also told me that there's only one person replying to emails in the office.

Good luck everyone and keep up the patience!

Wow, it seems like drexel is really taking a long time to make their decisions...
I interviewed on January 18th and I've been checking my mail and email everyday since the beginning of February, guess I'll be doing that for a long time :(

bubbleyum said:

i am so sad.

Damn sorry to hear that Bubble. :( It's Drexel's loss.

Congrats on MCG invite though. :clap:

rup47 said:
Wow, it seems like drexel is really taking a long time to make their decisions...
I interviewed on January 18th and I've been checking my mail and email everyday since the beginning of February, guess I'll be doing that for a long time :(
Since the beginning of February? That was like...6 days ago...

yellowpersuazio said:
Since the beginning of February? That was like...6 days ago...

Yeah, I guess thats right. February is going slow.......I guess its all the anxiety of waiting. Anyway, all I am saying is that I will be frantically checking my email and mail multiple times a day for quite a while to come since people who have interviewed in the beginning of December havent gotten a response after 8 weeks. I probably wont hear back for at least a month, and I guess I knew that this is the way it would be but I just hate this waiting game.

Yes, just be calm. Very few people heard as early as 6 weeks post-interview, and many have been waiting for 12+weeks. Hopefully you will hear good news but just save yourself the agony of checking your mail every day. It's not going to come any sooner.

Also, as you get closer to the 8 week mark, I would suggest calling them to see if your application has gone before the committee yet. All the people I have spoken to have been very nice in telling me that my file was yet to be reviewed.

Good luck!!!

my friend who interviewed on the 9th of january just told me she got in 2 days ago. so it looks like they're pretty caught up. here's to hearing something soon.
-mota

i interviewed the 7th of october and still haven't heard anything...

unless when i call tomorrow they finally change their tune...

there isn't even a smiley face to describe how i feel about this...

i have been calling their adcom every other week about the status of my post-interview (late oct.) application, and have been told every time that it's been blinded (meaning my interviewer has yet to turn in her review of my interview).

i asked if this would have any effect on the outcome of my application and was told, of course, that it wouldn't.

has this happened to anyone before with drexel? or is this happening with anyone else with drexel right now? if so, what was the end result, and do you think a blinded post-interview application had an effect on the ened result?

thanks

joonie said:
i have been calling their adcom every other week about the status of my post-interview (late oct.) application, and have been told every time that it's been blinded (meaning my interviewer has yet to turn in her review of my interview).

i asked if this would have any effect on the outcome of my application and was told, of course, that it wouldn't.

has this happened to anyone before with drexel? or is this happening with anyone else with drexel right now? if so, what was the end result, and do you think a blinded post-interview application had an effect on the ened result?

thanks

Whoa, triple post. Go easy on that refresh button k?

Anyway, try contacting the person you interviewed with. Send a friendly reminder via email and say how you appreciate the time the interviewer spent getting to know you.

HC05nmd said:
i interviewed the 7th of october and still haven't heard anything...

unless when i call tomorrow they finally change their tune...

there isn't even a smiley face to describe how i feel about this...
Uh, wow. Now THAT is a record. I'd have been raising all kinds of hell by now.

crazy_cavalier said:
Whoa, triple post. Go easy on that refresh button k?

Anyway, try contacting the person you interviewed with. Send a friendly reminder via email and say how you appreciate the time the interviewer spent getting to know you.

hey, thanks! i dunno why that hadn't occured to me before. guess it's the stress and anxiety...

Joonie said:
hey, thanks! i dunno why that hadn't occured to me before. guess it's the stress and anxiety...

Yeah, it gets to you... once you're in, it feels GREAT. But at the same time, you just get incredibly unmotivated and drained. I guess I'm just looking forward so much to August that it seems silly to go through the final formalities of earning my BS degree.

Also, it sucks that you're in a situation where your interviewer did not submit your review promptly. It's definitely not cool how the interview is non-uniform across the many, many applicants. There was a lot of discussion about this problem on the "med school admission process sucks" thread... I guess I'm just lucky all my interviewers so far have totally kicked ass. Seriously, I got some of the nicest, most geniune faculty members who honestly wanted to get to know me.

thats f-ed up joonie. my interviewer said he'd have my review in by the end of that day. i doubt it was a good one though, we didn't get along. good luck.
-mota

crazy_cavalier said:
Yeah, it gets to you... once you're in, it feels GREAT. But at the same time, you just get incredibly unmotivated and drained. I guess I'm just looking forward so much to August that it seems silly to go through the final formalities of earning my BS degree.

Also, it sucks that you're in a situation where your interviewer did not submit your review promptly. It's definitely not cool how the interview is non-uniform across the many, many applicants. There was a lot of discussion about this problem on the "med school admission process sucks" thread... I guess I'm just lucky all my interviewers so far have totally kicked ass. Seriously, I got some of the nicest, most geniune faculty members who honestly wanted to get to know me.

where're you gonna be in august? i'm happy for you and anyone who's in. the app process chokes on a bag of dicks. luckily i got into the g-town smp so if i don't hear from them yet then d.c. here i come! i'd much rather go to med school though (duh). getting into the smp is great but now that i know i'm going somewhere at least, i'm already feeling less motivated... or actually i mean, i'm feeling less anxious. i'm sure the med school faculty members are great -- most of them seemed that way from what i saw at my interviews.

hey joonie,

did they go right out and say that's why its taking too long? that's my fear as well, that my interviewer hasn't returned my eval either, but they never actually said that, just that "there is no further movement". I actually asked once if all my evaluations had been turned in and the woman told me that they would not give out that information. ugh. im gonna call in a few hours to see if there was any decision made this week--wanna give them enough time to type in all those pretty decisions into the computer.

HC05nmd said:
hey joonie,

did they go right out and say that's why its taking too long? that's my fear as well, that my interviewer hasn't returned my eval either, but they never actually said that, just that "there is no further movement". I actually asked once if all my evaluations had been turned in and the woman told me that they would not give out that information. ugh. im gonna call in a few hours to see if there was any decision made this week--wanna give them enough time to type in all those pretty decisions into the computer.

Just make sure you are EXTRA nice to them. When I called several times I made sure to go out of my way and be curteous and polite. They actually told me if my reviewers turned their stuff in or not, so im sure that information is not confidential. But it did take a long time, and they were very apologetic about that each time I called.

Good luck.

yup confirmed...week 18 and "still no further movement" they are apparently "extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely backlogged."
:( :( :(

HC05nmd said:
hey joonie,

yeah -- they told me that i had some "missing information" from my file for review. when i asked they said it was because of my interviewer. pressing them further about what that meant, they finally said it was because my interviewer hasn't turned in information about me yet and not because she hadn't written anything about me yet. i hope that is the truth. they also said they are very swamped and that things are backed up. it really depends on to whom you're speaking. i suppose that is the issue here -- the interviewers themselves -- because i know/know of some people who had interviewed and then were accepted right off the bat.

drmota said:
my friend who interviewed on the 9th of january just told me she got in 2 days ago. so it looks like they're pretty caught up. here's to hearing something soon.
-mota

Yeah, I interviewed Jan 21 and just got my acceptance today!!! it was dated feb 6th.

Good luck to everyone!

lyn2006 said:
Yeah, I interviewed Jan 21 and just got my acceptance today!!! it was dated feb 6th.

Good luck to everyone!

congrats, but i'd be really angry if i was one of these people who is still waiting and was told that they are extremely backlogged

C.P. Jones said:
congrats, but i'd be really angry if i was one of these people who is still waiting and was told that they are extremely backlogged
Its clear it isn't backlogging. Drexel has been very, very disappointing this cycle. The fact that they aren't doing everything in their power to fix the issues would put a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

lyn2006 said:

Good luck to everyone!

CONGRATS. was it permanent or preferred address? thanks
-mota

lyn2006 said:

Good luck to everyone!
Are you serious? Did anyone else have a turn-around time of three weeks?

the negative 1 said:
Are you serious? Did anyone else have a turn-around time of three weeks?

i got a rejection in 3 weeks...

beponychick said:
Are you serious? This is post-interview???

I interviewed January 3rd and just got waitlisted... :(

drmota said:
CONGRATS. was it permanent or preferred address? thanks
-mota

preferred (I think). Although I might've put the same address for permanent and preferred... I can't remember now. Actually I guess permanent is probably the one at my parents' where I say I'm a state resident and preferred is my school address (which is where it came). OK, there's the really long answer to an easy question...

And, I just want to add that I am sorry if my excitement rubbed anyone the wrong way about getting in so quickly post-interview. I was incredibly surprised to hear so quickly since I thought they were taking forever, and just excited to get in (of course). I would be really mad at them if I'd been waiting for months...

lyn2006 said:
preferred (I think). Although I might've put the same address for permanent and preferred... I can't remember now. Actually I guess permanent is probably the one at my parents' where I say I'm a state resident and preferred is my school address (which is where it came). OK, there's the really long answer to an easy question...

And, I just want to add that I am sorry if my excitement rubbed anyone the wrong way about getting in so quickly post-interview. I was incredibly surprised to hear so quickly since I thought they were taking forever, and just excited to get in (of course). I would be really mad at them if I'd been waiting for months...

Conmgrats Doc Lyn. :thumbup: :thumbup:

RayhanS1282 said:
Conmgrats Doc Lyn. :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks Rayhan! hopefully you'll hear something good soon too! And if I don't end up at Drexel I'll tell them to give my spot to you.

Cozmosis said:
I was also accepted in 3 weeks. I was interviewed by the admissions director, so that might have contributed.
I interviewed on Jan 9th with the assistant director. It did not go well.

the negative 1 said:
I interviewed on Jan 9th with the assistant director. It did not go well.

i interviewed with the assistant director as well. she tries real hard to keep any impressions whatsoever to herself. kind of intimidating and worrisome at the same time. anyway, to make you feel better, i've spoken with a few people who have interviewed with her, including a current m1 at drexel, and they all felt worried after their interviews. the person cozmosis interviewed with is not the same person.

best of luck. don't lose hope yet.

C.P. Jones said:

yup i'm one of those people. i'm pretty disappointed. if there is something missing from an evaluator or interviewer or something, shouldn't there be someone in the admissions office kicking some butt and saying, "dude its been 4 MONTHS, turn in the eval already and put the poor child out of her misery!"

can you even write an accurate and insightful review after 4 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.