Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Drexel Students, Question about Books You use

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RU2003, Apr 13, 2004.

1. RU2003

RU2003 RU2003
    10+ Year Member

Hello Drexel Students, I just wanted to know what books are required or are the most useful for your Genetics and Physiology classes because I work at a bookstore currently and would like to slowly accumulate the ones I need.

Thanks,

RU2003

2. lisa13579

lisa13579 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I know Drexel uses handouts (i think they are called modules) as a main resource. But I'm sure they are supplemented by some texts.

you should post this in allopathic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ms.Doctor

Ms.Doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I used Ganong's Review of Physiology. It was pretty good. Some people used Berne and Levy. There is a really good one out that just came out this year-- it's a bit bigger, can't remember the name. I used my notes for Genetics. Sorry that wasn't super helpful!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Willamette

Willamette Good with a bo-staff
    7+ Year Member

I would HIGHLY recommend "Physiology" by Costanzo. She's also the author of the BRS physiology text, and her full length text is excellent! As for genetics, I felt like the Thompson & Thompson text was pretty good.

Willamette

5. Ms.Doctor

Ms.Doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Williamette-- that was the genetics text I was thinking of.