drive-thru survey..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
working as a tech in a busy part of town, its always a common occurence for someone to drive up with a few scripts and expect McDonalds like service so they don't have to come back. Its absolutely ridiculous and I think that corporate america needs a reality check.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work for Walgreens and I think Drive-Thru is absolutely ridiculous. If they want to put a Drive-Thru in a pharmacy, they need to hire someone fulltime to tend to it. As a pharmacist, I can't be verifying, counseling, ringing merchandise, answering phones, filling, and running back and forth the drive thru every minute.

I work for Walgreens and I think Drive-Thru is absolutely ridiculous. If they want to put a Drive-Thru in a pharmacy, they need to hire someone fulltime to tend to it. As a pharmacist, I can't be verifying, counseling, ringing merchandise, answering phones, filling, and running back and forth the drive thru every minute.

i couldnt agree with you more!! I despise the drive thru and it just promotes laziness. Its funny how all the elderly people and moms with kids actually come inside and i see people who could shed a few hundred pounds use the drive thru. Its all about the bottom line with these corporations! I answer the drive thru with in 5 seconds cause I hate the god d--m mans voice telling me there "one drive up call".!!!!!!! I hope they do away with drive thrus!

i couldnt agree with you more!! I despise the drive thru and it just promotes laziness. Its funny how all the elderly people and moms with kids actually come inside and i see people who could shed a few hundred pounds use the drive thru. Its all about the bottom line with these corporations! I answer the drive thru with in 5 seconds cause I hate the god d--m mans voice telling me there "one drive up call".!!!!!!! I hope they do away with drive thrus!

As a pharmacist I agree but....Have you ever had a small child with an ear infection who has just spent 4 hours at the pediatricians office. The last thing you want to do is drag them into a busy Walgreens screaming, to wait an hour to get their prescription filled. It is much easier to drop the rx off at the drive though go home and send the wife back to pick it up after you take care of the kid.

As a pharmacist I agree but....Have you ever had a small child with an ear infection who has just spent 4 hours at the pediatricians office. The last thing you want to do is drag them into a busy Walgreens screaming, to wait an hour to get their prescription filled. It is much easier to drop the rx off at the drive though go home and send the wife back to pick it up after you take care of the kid.

my viewpoint is as a pharmacist; im sure as a parent or consumer its a different view. I hate the drive thru, period.

I despise the drive thru and it just promotes laziness. Its funny how all the elderly people and moms with kids actually come inside and i see people who could shed a few hundred pounds use the drive thru.

Uh-oh...NOW you've done it!

Sit back and watch the flaming begin!

(I hate the drive-thru too. I ask my nice customers if they want to value-size their rx)

Uh-oh...NOW you've done it!

Sit back and watch the flaming begin!

(I hate the drive-thru too. I ask my nice customers if they want to value-size their rx)

haha, bring it on. The truth hurt sometimes; yeah, i may be a total pr--ck and insensitive a--hole, but the truth is i dislike the drive thru. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad if people didn't expect it in 5 minutes, but they relate drive thrus woth fast food. I will do anything else but the drive thru. That drive thru adds so much chaos to our work flow. Its ridiculous. Let the flaming begin....

my viewpoint is as a pharmacist; im sure as a parent or consumer its a different view. I hate the drive thru, period.

I think MountainPharmD is agreeing with you or rather, both of you are saying the same thing.

A screaming, whiny sick kid adds more stress to my workload. It's easier on the RPh AND the parent to just drop off the rx at the drive-thru. This is especially true for parents with multiple bundles of joy who haven't graduated from car seats yet. It's a major pain in the butt for parents to bring 'em all in and wait and it's a major pain in the butt for pharmacy staff to deal with the inevitable whining that occurs as a result.

I think MountainPharmD is agreeing with you or rather, both of you are saying the same thing.

A screaming, whiny sick kid adds more stress to my workload. It's easier on the RPh AND the parent to just drop off the rx at the drive-thru. This is especially true for parents with multiple bundles of joy who haven't graduated from car seats yet.

Yes, i totally agree, but this just doesn;t change the fact that i despise the drive thru with all my heart. I hate telling people we'll be right with them and i hate those that are smoking in their car and all the smoke comes in thru the door. I cant hear with the phone system we have...the list goes on. I can bitch and moan all i want but the drive will always be there. im just stating i hate it. as for the screaming kid, i get them out withing mintues, I tell my tech get that kid outta here...I dont want to be insensitive but i just cant take it...hehe

haha, bring it on. The truth hurt sometimes; yeah, i may be a total pr--ck and insensitive a--hole, but the truth is i dislike the drive thru. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad if people didn't expect it in 5 minutes, but they relate drive thrus woth fast food. I will do anything else but the drive thru. That drive thru adds so much chaos to our work flow. Its ridiculous. Let the flaming begin....

I'm with you, man! I LOVE the fact that I DON'T have to talk to them face-to-face! If they are rude pricks, I tell them that they need to turn off their engine so I can hear them properly. Oh, they just HATE doing that!

I'm with you, man! I LOVE the fact that I DON'T have to talk to them face-to-face! If they are rude pricks, I tell them that they need to turn off their engine so I can hear them properly. Oh, they just HATE doing that!

haha, yeah i love them old buiks that come up with no exhaust!!! Cant hear a damn word they say...and when you ask them to turn off their engines they get bitchy. As a pharmacist, i will always dislike the drive thru. Oh, heres my new ins card and ill wait here while you process my 12 prescriptions...whatever...

Members don't see this ad :)
Naw, you're NOT an insensitive prick or a-hole.

You're just HUMAN.

You want fries with that?

Naw, you're NOT an insensitive prick or a-hole.

You're just HUMAN.

You want fries with that?

no, im an insentitive prick..everytime that drive thru goes off and im there by myself which means i have to answer it, the expletives go off in my head...then their smoking their god damn cigarette and the smell is just naseauating...and then its just a chain reaction....the expletives expleatives..

no, im an insentitive prick..everytime that drive thru goes off and im there by myself which means i have to answer it, the expletives go off in my head...then their smoking their god damn cigarette and the smell is just naseauating...and then its just a chain reaction....the expletives expleatives..

Yeah. And here you are, MISSING an important opportunity to COUNSEL your patients on the health benefits of smoking cessation!

QUICK. Trot your butt up to the front and grab the most expensive smoking cessation remedy and START USING YOUR EDUCATION, DAMMIT!

What's wrong with you, huh?

Yeah. And here you are, MISSING an important opportunity to COUNSEL your patients on the health benefits of smoking cessation!

QUICK. Trot your butt up to the front and grab the most expensive smoking cessation remedy and START USING YOUR EDUCATION, DAMMIT!

What's wrong with you, huh?

they aint gonna pay no $$$ to stop smoking!! hhmmm cigarette $4.00 or nicotine patches $30...hhmmmm...come on man!!! We need cheap smoking cessation products!

they aint gonna pay no $$$ to stop smoking!! hhmmm cigarette $4.00 or nicotine patches $30...hhmmmm...come on man!!! We need cheap smoking cessation products!

Oh, I've got some ideas about THAT!

Hmmm. Lemme look around here...I've got some formaldehyde and phenol...

Must...resist...urge...to...be...sarcastic.

Oh, I've got some ideas about THAT!

Hmmm. Lemme look around here...I've got some formaldehyde and phenol...

Must...resist...urge...to...be...sarcastic.

hahaha, ok ok, i get it! Point is , I will always hate drive thru. I just have to deal with it!

hahaha, ok ok, i get it! Point is , I will always hate drive thru. I just have to deal with it!

I'm glad we can joke/vent in these forums!

I feel better already...*buzzer sounds*

****!!!!!!

do you work overnight?

Yes and no. I'm a daywalker, but I cover overnights occasionally.

I'd like to work nights, but there are currently no openings in my district.

Yes and no. I'm a daywalker, but I cover overnights occasionally.

I'd like to work nights, but there are currently no openings in my district.

i worked a few nights, it messed me up bad!!! Ill stick with days even with the drive thru going off all day!

amen to that, and all the while i think about 2nd hand smoke and what it is doing to me...

Drive thru equates to an infected wound that never gets washed or treated, all the filthy **** shows up, causes trouble, and you are left with no patience and a bottle of booze.

numerous drive thru stories, people on their cell phones... I had a pt who came in to pick her meds, she was on her cellphone, she was interrupted only enough for me to get her name.
i couldn't find the medication, i went back, she is still on the phone but now not only on the phone but applying lipstick. I asked her to spell her name, her DOB
I still can't find her medication. Another tech goes over to check the spelling, no avail - and she is still on the phone. I go back, and she is talking up a storm, i patiently wait until she puts the phone down (she didn't hang up of course) and i verify the spelling so on an so forth.
I then ask her for the name of the med and the doctor. Thank the lord she was picking up Accutane and that there are more people on medical marijuana then on Accutane (its probably easier to get too).
So i find 1 script for accutane that day, i go back and she is still on the phone.
I tell her the name on that script and i get "OOOOOOh thats my maiden name." Son of a bitch. you wasted 15 minutes of my time, and now i am stuck at drive thru for the next 25 minutes cleaning up the line you just created.
i tell her the amount, and would you believe that she gave me a credit card with her maiden name on it! God, I hate the drive thru with every speck of emotion in me.

I also love the patients who yell, into the microphone that they are here to pick up their, Valtrex, Viagara, or vaginal suppositiories, just in case everyone wanted to know. It is especially ironic because they announce their name, DOB and address as well, thus breaking numerous HIPPA violations every given shift.

And yet we protect selflessly, and thanklessly, these *****s from Darwin taking over. God help us all

Drive-thru isn't all bad. I once had a patient tell me she needed her prescription extra fast because "I have diarrhea and I'm sitting in my own filth!"

I am quite all right with her not coming in the store!

I think drive thru in general makes us pharmacists look bad. Everyone pulls up the drive thru treats us like bunch of high school drop outs working at a window even though my name tag says RPH on it. I think drive thru in general just lowers our professionalism even more.

I think drive thru in general makes us pharmacists look bad. Everyone pulls up the drive thru treats us like bunch of high school drop outs working at a window even though my name tag says RPH on it. I think drive thru in general just lowers our professionalism even more.

I agree. I dont care who tells me its there for the elderly or the sick or whatever. what did people do when there was no drve thru? what do people do when they are sick? they go inside and see their doctor. Persoanlly i dont like consulting at the drive thru. It is ridiculous and theres a huge window in between me and the pt. I cant hear anything and i wind up raising my voice.