Drop 2nd sem Chem or take p/f?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pillowfighty

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first gen chem class was in fall 2019 and I got a FW on my transcript due to becoming really sick and not attending the last few weeks of class, then retook it this summer of 2020 so that old grade is now overwritten with a B. Now with the 2nd semester of gen chem, I'm not doing well and currently can barely pass with a low C. Is it better to be safe and drop and have an excused withdrawal on my transcript (I have one other W that occurred in Fall 2019 as well, so in total it would make 3 if I take this one) or risk the pass/no pass scenario but potentially have a D on there?

I'm a sophomore with a 3.21 gpa, and I currently have A's in my gen bio and calc1 classes, if that helps.

Just a general note, I don't know if there is a difference to how admissions sees regular W's and excused/extended W's.
 
I think you should meet with your professor before withdrawing the class.