Dropped from SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depending on the career someone choses, they could work several less hours once completing residency. My family has a neurologist and an opthamologist, both only work from 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM around 4 days a week. They receive a comfortable salary and enjoy the rest of the day.

I work for the family business, I mostly work so much by choice. I was joking about the shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Just an aside, but if you are already 31, even in the best of circumstances you would have been at a minimum of 37-38 when you got out of residency, and since offshore people often lose a year somewhere along the way, more likely something like 38-39. And that's assuming the shortest residency. So saying you don't want to start your career at 40 is kind of silly -- that's actually almost been your plan up to now.

At any rate I agree with everyone who said its time to come up with a plan B. Offshore school grads have it rough in the match and having failed out of one of those you'd be even further down the pecking order, and even if you found a place to complete your training, you'd be destined to multiple research years at the end just to hopefully worm your way into a dead end prelim. High stakes and awful odds.

Yes, I agree! I was never thrilled about the age that I would be when finally getting through. (Even though it was part of the plan the whole time) I'm choosing to use that as a positive to my situation.

Reactions: 1 user