Dropping a class after academic update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gobears94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was originally enrolled in a Developmental Psych class this semester, and I indicated this when I submitted my academic update to PTCAS. However, neither of the 2 schools I am now considering require the class. I wasn't particularly excited about it and I don't need it for my major, etc.

My question is: can I drop this class? Is that a bad idea?

Thanks for your input!
 
If the programs do not require it, you do not need a GPA boost, and you don't plan to take it in the future then I believe it's okay to drop the class. My only concern would be dropping money on the class and not being able to get it back.