Dropping Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightblueelephant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I'm currently a post-bacc student who has taken 4 statistics courses during my previous undergraduate career. During my post bacc I decided to go ahead and get the degree but was told that my math credits would not transfer so I signed up for another statistics course to meet the requirement. Now I have a very strong statistics background with my work and school but this class is the worst I have ever taken. The exams are worth 20 points and the quizzes 10 so even missing 1 point causes a major drop. I don't understand why I can't do well in this class, I got As in my previous stats classes, ochem, biochem, anatomy, physiology and microbio. I am so disappointed in myself with this course but there is no way for me to salvage it. Is this gonna ruin everything? Has anyone dropped a post bacc course before?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, was checking in after getting a "Terms of Use" violation notice (profanity, come on, that's minor), but liked a thread that involved statistics and read your post.

I can relate: I took a lot of stats courses, undergrad and grad level. When I think back, I only felt significant risk in one class. I didn't feel like the difficulty was unfair, I just didn't get the material. You have a more messed up situation: sounds like someone has a curve he has to meet.

Would I drop it? Who can say! I have had the spectacular luck of clinching a good grade despite the feeling you have, and yet also been stuck with grades where I hoped for better.

Based on your experience, though, I think you have a sense of how you are doing. I'd stick with it unless I thought I was about to be totally demolished. But even then, I'd ask the prof if I was overreacting. They'll be honest.