-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drugs & Interviews
Started by Atherosclerosis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do they perform drug tests at interviews? Call me paranoid, but I'm just curious.
Not that I know of...
some schools do drug test though....prior to matriculation
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some employers do.
Depends on the job but usually they'll do it after you get the job, not during the interview. They don't want to be collecting more urine than they have to.
Depends on the job but usually they'll do it after you get the job, not during the interview. They don't want to be collecting more urine than they have to.
Urine is like liquid gold. 😉
It depends on the job and if they hire on the spot.
.
Last edited:
Coolio. Thanks for the tips. Look like Senior Year can still be all I was hoping it would be.
srs?
.
Last edited:
Who cares? if he wants to smoke let him... I mean its only a risk that he would be taking, not you! Everyone is so judgmental on these boards!
Who cares? if he wants to smoke let him... I mean its only a risk that he would be taking, not you! Everyone is so judgmental on these boards!
Everyone is so judgmental everywhere. A problem that could be solved if more people took drugs btw.
.
Last edited:
Coolio. Thanks for the tips. Look like Senior Year can still be all I was hoping it would be.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's weird because I always picture NickNaylor as someone who would be somewhat attractive but then you post images like this and I get confused.
Anyway, yea I really doubt they care enough. Just don't get caught.
Most dont test until you get credentialed by the hospital. This could be 1st or 2nd year depending on your school
Only for roids
This is the best picture on the internet.
Which reminds me,
Would it be wise to mention my battle with addiction to painkillers or would that be frowned upon considering I'll have access to them?
For the record, ive been clean for several months.
Would it be wise to mention my battle with addiction to painkillers or would that be frowned upon considering I'll have access to them?
For the record, ive been clean for several months.
Which reminds me,
Would it be wise to mention my battle with addiction to painkillers or would that be frowned upon considering I'll have access to them?
For the record, ive been clean for several months.
Don't do it unless you have a giant gap in your education experience where you went to rehab. Even then it's not a good idea.
This is the best picture on the internet.
I wholeheartedly agree.
It's weird because I always picture NickNaylor as someone who would be somewhat attractive but then you post images like this and I get confused.
Anyway, yea I really doubt they care enough. Just don't get caught.
my thoughts exactly, oddly enough.
1. Don't do drugs
2. Don't worry
3. Test clean
4.??????
5. Profit
2. Don't worry
3. Test clean
4.??????
5. Profit
OMFG your avatar is not a black rapper!
LMAO. Nick/Cole, I thought you'd go with 50 or take it old school with pac next.
OMFG your avatar is not a black rapper!
I'm on a Scrubs binge - I'm a huge fan of Dr. Cox. Don't worry, the hip hop moguls will be back.
Who cares? if he wants to smoke let him... I mean its only a risk that he would be taking, not you! Everyone is so judgmental on these boards!
Yea, you know doctors the ones telling kids to not smoke or do drugs and then go around the corner and hit a two foot bong. That's the bright future right thurrrrr
ITT OP does drugs, but I'm a hater so I hope you get caught. Haters gonna hate!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea, you know doctors the ones telling kids to not smoke or do drugs and then go around the corner and hit a two foot bong. That's the bright future right thurrrrr
Kind of like how you can tell kids to not drink alcohol and then booze it up after work everyday? Just because you tell kids to not do something doesn't mean you must refrain from it yourself. Thats why we have something called age limits.
Kind of like how you can tell kids to not drink alcohol and then booze it up after work everyday? Just because you tell kids to not do something doesn't mean you must refrain from it yourself. After all youre an adult capable of making your own decisions.
Well it's a good thing alcohol is legal and drugs aren't.
Well it's a good thing alcohol is legal and drugs aren't.
Alcohol is a drug. And whether you like it or not, its only a matter of time before cannabis is legal. Progress toward sane drug policy is made each year, albeit very very slow because people are stubborn and afraid of what they don't know
Last edited:
Alcohol is a drug. And whether you like it or not, its only a matter of time before cannabis is legal.
If you want to be obnoxiously technical, food is a drug as it significantly atlers your body chemistry when you consume it.
Alcohol is a drug. And whether you like it or not, its only a matter of time before cannabis is legal.
Well than if it's legal go smoke anywhere you want. Look, I'm just saying you shouldn't be in a health field and do ILLEGAL drugs, which are in fact illegal because of their physiological harm, and then turn around and promote a "safe" lifestyle to others.
Well than if it's legal go smoke anywhere you want. Look, I'm just saying you shouldn't be in a health field and do ILLEGAL drugs, which are in fact illegal because of their physiological harm, and then turn around and promote a "safe" lifestyle to others.
inb4 pot doesn't have demonstrated long-term negative health effects
Do they perform drug tests at interviews? Call me paranoid, but I'm just curious.
I won't call you paranoid. It's probably just a symptom of drug use, stop for a short time and hopefully it will resolve on its own.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MGV7ioTM7o[/YOUTUBE]
inb4 pot doesn't have demonstrated long-term negative health effects
Sorry to be a d*** once again, but I actually talked to a friend of my mom's who is a neuropsychiatrist with a pediatric speciality about this. Her husband, also a psychiatrist, and her are wrapping up a research study they just did about long-term effects of weed. They found that in long term smoking subjects are much more likely to develop depression and other related illnesses. Also, I can first hand witness marijuana withdrawls as my best friend's dad actually owns a Cannibus Club and smokes weed on a daily basis. And if he doesn't have weed on him, everyone leaves the house because the amount of anger and depression he exhibits. Sad but true, sorry potheads 🙂
I won't call you paranoid. It's probably just a symptom of drug use, stop for a short time and hopefully it will resolve on its own.
Haha very true
Sorry to be a d*** once again, but I actually talked to a friend of my mom's who is a neuropsychiatrist with a pediatric speciality about this. Her husband, also a psychiatrist, and her are wrapping up a research study they just did about long-term effects of weed. They found that in long term smoking subjects are much more likely to develop depression and other related illnesses. Also, I can first hand witness marijuana withdrawls as my best friend's dad actually owns a Cannibus Club and smokes weed on a daily basis. And if he doesn't have weed on him, everyone leaves the house because the amount of anger and depression he exhibits. Sad but true, sorry potheads 🙂
I'm not even disagreeing with you. I'm not comfortable with cannabis legalization. But that's what most people point to when discussing legalization, and unfortunately anecdotal evidence of detrimental effects doesn't quite measure up.
I'm not even disagreeing with you. I'm not comfortable with cannabis legalization. But that's what most people point to when discussing legalization, and unfortunately anecdotal evidence of detrimental effects doesn't quite measure up.
No, I understand I just quoted you to make a point about the comment you had made sir.
Sorry to be a d*** once again, but I actually talked to a friend of my mom's who is a neuropsychiatrist with a pediatric speciality about this. Her husband, also a psychiatrist, and her are wrapping up a research study they just did about long-term effects of weed. They found that in long term smoking subjects are much more likely to develop depression and other related illnesses.
That study sounds like it would have a lot of confounds... how would they account for potentially crucial personality & lifestyle differences between the key group and the population in general? Unless this was actually an experimental trial in which subjects were randomly assigned a group and asked to smoke weed long-term, which seems pretty unlikely...
Also, I can first hand witness marijuana withdrawls as my best friend's dad actually owns a Cannibus Club and smokes weed on a daily basis. And if he doesn't have weed on him, everyone leaves the house because the amount of anger and depression he exhibits. Sad but true, sorry potheads 🙂
Couldn't that be an emotional dependence?
Disclaimer: not pro pot
Where I grew up, smoking pot was very normal, especially among my peers. Not going to comment on whether I ever partook. It's easy to judge someone for smoking pot when you've never been exposed to it, but it's not the worst vice in the world (though I think anyone driving while high should go to jail). Luckily, it's not an addictive drug, so quit while you are ahead. One unlucky break, and adcoms will throw your application in the misdemeanor, sorry, rejection pile.
Well than if it's legal go smoke anywhere you want. Look, I'm just saying you shouldn't be in a health field and do ILLEGAL drugs, which are in fact illegal because of their physiological harm, and then turn around and promote a "safe" lifestyle to others.
Strange. Alcohol can damage the liver. Cigarettes can damage the lungs. Yet those are legal. Why is it that these physiologically harmful products are legal and others are not?
Where I grew up, smoking pot was very normal, especially among my peers. Not going to comment on whether I ever partook. It's easy to judge someone for smoking pot when you've never been exposed to it, but it's not the worst vice in the world (though I think anyone driving while high should go to jail). Luckily, it's not an addictive drug, so quit while you are ahead. One unlucky break, and adcoms will throw your application in the misdemeanor, sorry, rejection pile.
I believe your avatar speaks for itself.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think a DUI arrest four years ago will kill my application? My court case was dismissed...
My DUI happened in a parking lot while I was sitting in my car with my keys in my pocket and my legs on the ground (the door was open and I was just sitting there). My license was never suspended. The cop was just being a chhunnt.
My DUI happened in a parking lot while I was sitting in my car with my keys in my pocket and my legs on the ground (the door was open and I was just sitting there). My license was never suspended. The cop was just being a chhunnt.
Strange. Alcohol can damage the liver. Cigarettes can damage the lungs. Yet those are legal. Why is it that these physiologically harmful products are legal and others are not?
It's weird. It's almost as if our laws aren't perfect.
Pot is even medicinally beneficial, while the other two aren't (I'm pretty sure).
Do you think a DUI arrest four years ago will kill my application? My court case was dismissed...
My DUI happened in a parking lot while I was sitting in my car with my keys in my pocket and my legs on the ground (the door was open and I was just sitting there). My license was never suspended. The cop was just being a chhunnt.
It's an arrest. They usually just care about convictions.. Some secondaries will ask about arrests though. That's what people told me on here.
Do you think a DUI arrest four years ago will kill my application? My court case was dismissed...
My DUI happened in a parking lot while I was sitting in my car with my keys in my pocket and my legs on the ground (the door was open and I was just sitting there). My license was never suspended. The cop was just being a chhunnt.
Yes, there are plenty of good applicants who don't have a DUI on their record.
.
Last edited: