You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drum Roll Time - UPenn Decisions This Week
Started by FutureDoc06
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FutureDoc06 said:We've had polls going for a week or so now regarding the official release date of the acceptance decisions, and the week of the 20th officially begins in a few hours. Let's hope for good luck and see what happens. 🙂 🙂
You beat me to starting this thread by like... 4 minutes.
Good luck! I'm not too optimistic since my interviews were weird and this week hasn't been great decision-wise, but I'm still excited!
Now, if I were Penn, I'd put decisions up at 12:01am Monday, because then the applicants would love me, and all choose to matriculate. Apparently they don't agree (but Penn if you're reading... totally. Do it.)
No way. They're going to wait until 10:03am Tuesday just so they can stroke my ego in an unnecessary and unhealthy way... right before rejecting me.DeadorAlive said:You beat me to starting this thread by like... 4 minutes.
Good luck! I'm not too optimistic since my interviews were weird and this week hasn't been great decision-wise, but I'm still excited!
Now, if I were Penn, I'd put decisions up at 12:01am Monday, because then the applicants would love me, and all choose to matriculate. Apparently they don't agree (but Penn if you're reading... totally. Do it.)
I 😍 you, Penn, don't
on me! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DeadorAlive said:Now, if I were Penn, I'd put decisions up at 12:01am Monday, because then the applicants would love me, and all choose to matriculate. Apparently they don't agree (but Penn if you're reading... totally. Do it.)
nah, that's what U mich would do. i can't see U penn doing that...
ChocolateKiss said:nah, that's what U mich would do. i can't see U penn doing that...
I think I'm going to stay up and sit here staring at the status page until they are posted. Who needs class, sleep, food, and hygeine when your future is in limbo...
DNM503 said:I think I'm going to stay up and sit here staring at the status page until they are posted. Who needs class, sleep, food, and hygeine when your future is in limbo...
They'll email all of us. So just have some icon on your desktop to alert you to new messages. I doubt we'll hear anything until Tuesday though.
ChocolateKiss said:nah, that's what U mich would do. i can't see U penn doing that...
Exactly! Still...they have been pretty good with updating their status page.
Well, it's past midnight East Coast Time. Penn decisions are officially fair game now 👍
ChocolateKiss said:Well, it's past midnight East Coast Time. Penn decisions are officially fair game now 👍
It looks like decisions won't be coming out today. Last year, they came out in the morning, so I'd guess we'll get them on Tuesday morning. I could be wrong (hopefully).
FutureDoc06 said:It looks like decisions won't be coming out today. Last year, they came out in the morning, so I'd guess we'll get them on Tuesday morning. I could be wrong (hopefully).
Nooooooo - it's still morning!! There's still hope! I'm compulsively refreshing my email every minute. And then I don't totally trust that they'll email right away, so for every 10 email checks, I check the status page once. This is so not healthy. 😱
FutureDoc06 said:It looks like decisions won't be coming out today. Last year, they came out in the morning, so I'd guess we'll get them on Tuesday morning. I could be wrong (hopefully).
I called this morning, and the woman I spoke to said they were now thinking Wednesday. I'm trying to tell myself it's only another day, but it's not working.
Withnail said:I called this morning, and the woman I spoke to said they were now thinking Wednesday. I'm trying to tell myself it's only another day, but it's not working.
Grrrr oh well
Did anyone else get an email giving them a new temporary password? I logged in and the page still says the same thing. Weird.
In further news, an anti-Parkinson's drug may be causing addicting behavior. Like compulsively checking the Penn website.
In further news, an anti-Parkinson's drug may be causing addicting behavior. Like compulsively checking the Penn website.
Centinel said:Did anyone else get an email giving them a new temporary password? I logged in and the page still says the same thing. Weird.
In further news, an anti-Parkinson's drug may be causing addicting behavior. Like compulsively checking the Penn website.
I didn't get the email. Is the email specifically addressed to you, or is it addressed to a big group? What did the email say exactly?
FutureDoc06 said:I didn't get the email. Is the email specifically addressed to you, or is it addressed to a big group? What did the email say exactly?
Hmmm, this thread is quiet, so hopefully it's just the one "temporary password" email then, and it doesn't mean anything. Or maybe this website is just running super slow today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dajimmers said:No email for me. Just waiting (im)patiently. Guess Wednesday's probably the best bet, though. Didn't Penn see the poll? They're ruining our bets!
Cool, probably not an important email since no one else has written anything
FutureDoc06 said:Grrrr oh well
Now thinking Wed? DOes that mean Wed at the latest, or does "thinking Wed" mean Thurs or Fri in all likelihood. Boooooo. I can't stand the waiting. Oh well, at least checking my email in box every 10 minutes is easier than checking my mail constantly.

I still think they will come tomorrow.Yeah, the email was addressed to me. I get the feeling that I probably hit the 'forgot password' link or something bizarre along those lines. Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate anything.FutureDoc06 said:I didn't get the email. Is the email specifically addressed to you, or is it addressed to a big group? What did the email say exactly?
I was just annoyed that I was getting yet another 'this is not an important email' email... "Ceci n'est pas une pipe."
Day 2... the wait continues
FutureDoc06 said:Day 2... the wait continues
Still Day 1 here in Central Time... And it's been the longest day ever!
So I'm thinking... all this time we've been hoping decisions come out on Tuesday since that's what happened last year. But what if the pattern is in the date?? Which would mean our fates will be decided on March 22nd... Wednesday.
I think I really have gone insane.

good luck to everyone waiting! hopefully the wait won't be too long, but if i remember correctly we were told before lunch last year so you might not find out today...
if anyone has any questions about the school of course email the people on the list that penn will provide you but feel free to message me as well- hope to see you at preview!
if anyone has any questions about the school of course email the people on the list that penn will provide you but feel free to message me as well- hope to see you at preview!
By my clock, they have 27 minutes until 10:03 (the random but oh so magical moment when I personally expect to get some sort of email).
Now I'm sure I'll get an email at that point, but now I'm thinking it will probably be another "We need to verify your username and password so we can fraudulently buy things through ebay with your account" sort of email.
Now I'm sure I'll get an email at that point, but now I'm thinking it will probably be another "We need to verify your username and password so we can fraudulently buy things through ebay with your account" sort of email.
Centinel said:By my clock, they have 27 minutes until 10:03 (the random but oh so magical moment when I personally expect to get some sort of email).
Now I'm sure I'll get an email at that point, but now I'm thinking it will probably be another "We need to verify your username and password so we can fraudulently buy things through ebay with your account" sort of email.
YES I am expecting that time too...isn't that ridiculous. We search past threads and expect schools to do things to the minute. But on the other hand, most schools do seem to follow a very consistent pattern year to year.
Besides, there are almost 3 hours till lunchtime.
bidster said:ditto on what sockandmittens said....if the timing of the admissions decisions has not even filtered through the MS1 gossip mill here, then it must be super-secretive!! 😉 Good luck to everyone!! Almost there 🙂
Earlier in the thread, someone said they called the admissions office and found out that we won't receive anything until Wednesday most likely.... But that still hasn't stopped me from checking my email every 2 seconds.
We are ridiculous people. And it's past the golden hour. Damn.TracksuitsRock said:YES I am expecting that time too...isn't that ridiculous. We search past threads and expect schools to do things to the minute. But on the other hand, most schools do seem to follow a very consistent pattern year to year.
Besides, there are almost 3 hours till lunchtime.
FutureDoc06 said:Earlier in the thread, someone said they called the admissions office and found out that we won't receive anything until Wednesday most likely.... But that still hasn't stopped me from checking my email every 2 seconds.
will they be emailing us to say the website has been updated?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
J5L said:will they be emailing us to say the website has been updated?
Damn, 10:03 has come and gone.
Yeah, they'll email us when the website has been updated.
What time did they send them last year?
Withnail said:I called this morning, and the woman I spoke to said they were now thinking Wednesday. I'm trying to tell myself it's only another day, but it's not working.
Any updates? Anyone else call? I wonder if they're still thinking Wed...
ChocolateKiss said:Any updates? Anyone else call? I wonder if they're still thinking Wed...
If they were going to email us all before lunch, as someone else in this thread suggested, we would have received an email by now. It looks like they're heading to Wednesday.
I just downloaded the Gmail Notifier. Now instead of checking my email constantly, I just stare nonstop at the little icon on my toolbar. They better tell us tomorrow, or .... I don't know what I'll do 😛
Where did the UPenn poll thread go?
Three words, Penn:
Un. Acc. Eptable.
Come on! We love you! What can be taking so long? Uploading? Double-checking? Writing nice messages about how we all get full rides? If they projected they would announce this week, they must have decided last week.... come onnnnnnn!
I need to ask for patience for my next birthday, I clearly lost mine somewhere along the way.
Un. Acc. Eptable.
Come on! We love you! What can be taking so long? Uploading? Double-checking? Writing nice messages about how we all get full rides? If they projected they would announce this week, they must have decided last week.... come onnnnnnn!
I need to ask for patience for my next birthday, I clearly lost mine somewhere along the way.
I refuse to let this thread be anywhere except on the first page! BUMP!
Centinel said:
Thanks!
UGH - so i guess wednesday it is....my friend likened this to being in labor and waiting for the baby to just come out....Centinel said:No problem. 🙂 Too bad my guess was just way off... 😕![]()
tiffany96 said:UGH - so i guess wednesday it is....my friend likened this to being in labor and waiting for the baby to just come out....
Let's just hope it's Wed...Not Thurs, Fri, or *gasp* Mon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocolateKiss said:Let's just hope it's Wed...Not Thurs, Fri, or *gasp* Mon.
Thursday, Friday, or MONDAY?!?! Do not say such words. That is just scary.
I think the decisions will come out on FUNday. 😛FutureDoc06 said:Thursday, Friday, or MONDAY?!?! Do not say such words. That is just scary.
I think this thread needs some optimism.
Maybe we need a new poll:
"Who else can't wait until Penn decisions are released on Wednesday?"
If you can't do anything else but check your e-mail, go to sleep now and sleep in until 10am eastern time. 😴
OK, so I'm not actually going to post a poll like that, but think positive and it will happen.
Good luck tomorrow!!!
Maybe we need a new poll:
"Who else can't wait until Penn decisions are released on Wednesday?"
If you can't do anything else but check your e-mail, go to sleep now and sleep in until 10am eastern time. 😴
OK, so I'm not actually going to post a poll like that, but think positive and it will happen.
Good luck tomorrow!!!
Because I've pretty much devoted my week to this thread...
Is Penn you guys' first choice? What other schools are you considering?
Also, I've heard that a "top of Tier 1" waitlist is pretty much a guaranteed acceptance if you write a letter of intent... can anyone verify this?
I'm going to a meeting now... And the first thing I'll do when I get back? Check SDN, of course 😛
Is Penn you guys' first choice? What other schools are you considering?
Also, I've heard that a "top of Tier 1" waitlist is pretty much a guaranteed acceptance if you write a letter of intent... can anyone verify this?
I'm going to a meeting now... And the first thing I'll do when I get back? Check SDN, of course 😛
Kazazzle12 said:Because I've pretty much devoted my week to this thread...
Is Penn you guys' first choice? What other schools are you considering?
Also, I've heard that a "top of Tier 1" waitlist is pretty much a guaranteed acceptance if you write a letter of intent... can anyone verify this?
I'm going to a meeting now... And the first thing I'll do when I get back? Check SDN, of course 😛
Penn's been one of my top 2 along with Hopkins. It's a pretty sweet place.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 977
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K
