Dual degree essay prompt questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1103160

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for a dual degree program at the medical school I was admitted. While looking at the graduate degree (non-MD) prompts, I noticed that they were identical to the secondary questions I had previously filled out and submitted for their medical school. They also had a degree-specific prompt in the next section, which did not overlap with their secondaries. Since the non-specific graduate degree prompts seem to be ubiquitous regardless of the degree, would it be okay to just copy and paste from my secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are earning a non-medical degree and the other application asks a question like "Why do you want this degree' or "Why do you want attend this program?" the answer shouldn't be the same. You can certainly adapt secondary essay questions, but copying and pasting may show excellent fit for your med school, but will probably miss the mark for this program.

IOW, the question may be the same, but the answer shouldn't be.

Reactions: 1 user
Respond to the prompts with the understanding that you need to sell the admissions committee on your suitability dual degree program and that the committee may not have access to the secondary you submitted to the medical school. If the prompt would cover either program (how would you bring diversity to the school?) then you can cut and paste. If the questions is about what attracts you to the program or what your career goals are, then you might want to modify your prior response to reflect your interest in the dual degree program and how you intend to use skills acquired in it if you are admitted.

Reactions: 1 users
Respond to the prompts with the understanding that you need to sell the admissions committee on your suitability dual degree program and that the committee may not have access to the secondary you submitted to the medical school. If the prompt would cover either program (how would you bring diversity to the school?) then you can cut and paste. If the questions is about what attracts you to the program or what your career goals are, then you might want to modify your prior response to reflect your interest in the dual degree program and how you intend to use skills acquired in it if you are admitted.
Thank you so much for your response! Your answer saved me a decent deal of workload. Most of the questions cover both programs (i.e. Why school X, what makes you a desirable candidate, etc) so I will copy and paste from my secondaries.

If you are earning a non-medical degree and the other application asks a question like "Why do you want this degree' or "Why do you want attend this program?" the answer shouldn't be the same. You can certainly adapt secondary essay questions, but copying and pasting may show excellent fit for your med school, but will probably miss the mark for this program.

IOW, the question may be the same, but the answer shouldn't be.
Thank you so much for your response!

Reactions: 1 user