Dual Enrollment Math Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rb_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All! Was wondering if my year of dual enrollment math in my senior year of high school will fulfill the "year of math" requirement for medical school. So the situation was while attending high school I was also enrolled in a local community college and took Calculus with Applications as well as Intro to Differential Equations. I also got a 5 on the BC exam if that matters? Thoughts?

Edit: Still planning on taking biostats at my undergrad

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Many schools require stats now too. It's safer (and useful) to take stats.

Oh right, I forgot to mention that I am still planing on taking biostats at my undergrad. However, I was more concerned about if my dual enrollment credits would be accepted at med schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh right, I forgot to mention that I am still planing on taking biostats at my undergrad. However, I was more concerned about if my dual enrollment credits would be accepted at med schools?

You took them at an accredited college or university, right? If so, then yes, they will take them. Whether they satisfy the math requirement is actually dependent on what the school requires. If they require a year of math, then a semester of calculus and a semester of biostats will satisfy that.

You took them at an accredited college or university, right? If so, then yes, they will take them. Whether they satisfy the math requirement is actually dependent on what the school requires. If they require a year of math, then a semester of calculus and a semester of biostats will satisfy that.

Yes! The community college I took the two semesters of math at is an accredited institution. Perfect, thank you for the information!