Duke 2018 Summer Biomedical Sciences Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd go ahead and assume that they're not going to notify us on a Sunday, though I don't like that... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get anything either. I didn't think that they would release anything on a Sunday either... and yeah it is annoying lol

I called and they said we should find out some time today and tomorrow at the latest.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LoI i just wanna know what I'm doing with my summer y'all... They've had my application since Feb 1 LMAO

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly. I was not expecting this from them. Heck, at this rate, we might not know until May lmaooo.

This is honestly so frustrating lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Okay story time you guys...
So I applied for the priority deadline and found out that I got waitlisted because I called them. My application portal was never updated and I never received a single email from them. When I called, they said they'd be reviewing my application again when making final decisions with the regular deadline apps, which was expected to be the end of March since "most people applied during the priority app period so they don't have a lot of apps to review". So I decided to call them again about two weeks ago. I spoke to both of the staff (the lady whose contact info listed on their website and the Director of the program) just to find out that my app actually wasn't on file when they reviewed the rest of apps. The Director informed me that the best they could do is to put me on the waitlist since they had _already_ done reviewing all apps and made final decisions. Yes, this was ~2 weeks ago so idk why they're still leaving you guys hanging. I think I might call them again tomorrow since the Director did say she'd get back to me April 15. But regardless, good luck guys!

No, still haven't heard anything back yet. I tried calling them at noon, but no one answered the phone.
I didn't expect duke to be so unorganized with this process. Smh Idk whats going on.

I just called and they said that decision would be out by Wednesday... This is so frustrating. Was your friend admitted or are they just waitlisting and rejecting people? @whosehousedawgshouse

I called this morning and they told me that I was waitlisted. They said that I would find out at the end of April/beginning of May if I got a spot in the program

I called this morning and they told me that I was waitlisted. They said that I would find out at the end of April/beginning of May if I got a spot in the program
I had a feeling we wouldn't know until May. This is ridiculous

Did you call them?
I just called and they said that they haven't opened the waitlist because all the spots are full as of now. So I'm going to infer that that means we're rejected until someone gives up their spot, which seems unlikely.

Just received an email congratulating me!!! Portals are updated!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anybody hear anything? I got an email saying that I'm waitlisted yesterday.

By "again" did you mean you were also waitlisted before?

Yes; I was waitlisted originally. I'm a little worried that part of it is because my institution lost my transcripts in the mail twice on their way there, and so I had to send them my unofficial transcripts.

They said on this email there is no ranking for the waitlist, which I find odd because what seats open for people on the waitlist unless there is a rank?

Yes; I was waitlisted originally. I'm a little worried that part of it is because my institution lost my transcripts in the mail twice on their way there, and so I had to send them my unofficial transcripts.

They said on this email there is no ranking for the waitlist, which I find odd because what seats open for people on the waitlist unless there is a rank?
Tbh who knows what duke is doing anymore

I'm just hoping we find out by the end of this week. It is so late already.

I heard from my accepted friend that the deadline to accept offers is today so hopefully they'll take people off the waitlist starting tomorrow. And yes, it is super duper late...
Yeah, the email said that today was the day to accept. They also said that on Wednesday they will be going to the waitlist. I just hope they let us know by the end of this week

Yeah, the email said that today was the day to accept. They also said that on Wednesday they will be going to the waitlist. I just hope they let us know by the end of this week
I just called them and they said everyone accepted their offer so there is no movement on the waitlist. They also said check back in the last two weeks of May bc that's the latest that people drop out. But anyways, rip lol

I just called them and they said everyone accepted their offer so there is no movement on the waitlist. They also said check back in the last two weeks of May bc that's the latest that people drop out. But anyways, rip lol
Oh my lord the program literally starts in June haha. Oh well it is what it is

Right?! Guess we'll have to move on :( What is your back up plan??
Well I'm trying to intern at a microbiology lab near where I live but still haven't heard anything from them lol. Will also be volunteering and doing mcat prep :yuck:
Maybe I'll take a summer class at my university? Who knows at this point haha..
What about you?