Duke secondary closed early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twtkid

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know from trolling around here that you guys all submitted months ago, but I think the Duke secondary just closed on me a day early! Am I reading this wrong?

From the login page:
DUKE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION DEADLINE DECEMBER 1, 2005

The electronic application will be deactivated at 12:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time, Friday,
December 2, 2005

After login:
My Application Status for
12/01/2005 01:27:45.

Click on secondary and...
The Supplemental Application deadline has passed.

We would like to thank you for your interest in attending the Duke University School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the deadline for completing the Duke Medical School Supplemental Application has passed as of 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time 12/01/2005. As a result, DukeMed is no longer accepting applications for admissions.

It looks like the webmaster didnt double-check their timestamp :(

Members don't see this ad.

twtkid said:
So I know from trolling around here that you guys all submitted months ago, but I think the Duke secondary just closed on me a day early! Am I reading this wrong?

From the login page:

The electronic application will be deactivated at 12:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time, Friday,
December 2, 2005

After login:

We would like to thank you for your interest in attending the Duke University School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the deadline for completing the Duke Medical School Supplemental Application has passed as of 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time 12/01/2005. As a result, DukeMed is no longer accepting applications for admissions.

That sucks. Duke is an awesome school. Maybe call the admissions office?

i will when they open at 9am EST (im on the west coast) its just annoying given all of the other problems they have had. and i was even done with it! and such a b*** of a secondary to boot.

Members don't see this ad :)
twtkid said:
i will when they open at 9am EST (im on the west coast) its just annoying given all of the other problems they have had. and i was even done with it! and such a b*** of a secondary to boot.

Yeah, that really sucks. Duke was my least fav secondary by far. I also sympathize with the West Coast thing....it's hard to get in touch with schools at their opening time from here. On the other hand, it is fun to wake up to email interview offers. Definitely call Duke and make sure you submit their secondary after all the hard work (that ethical situation question just plain sucks). It'll all be worth it when you get the interview email :)...

thanks for the kind words. i hope i get it in, a good friend of mine is MS-1 there and he loves it! thatll teach me to work instead of doing my apps :mad:

twtkid said:

From the login page:

December 2, 2005

After login:

Be sure to post what you find out, as I have invested way too much time into that damn secondary to get screwed now....

Thanks!

is it closed for you too? i didnt think there was anyone left who hasnt submitted!

I will let you know what happens as soon as I get off the phone.

From the Duke login page, Thursday morning 9:00 AM EST:
GOOD NEWS!
We have extended our Supplemental Application Deadline!

DUKE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION DEADLINE DECEMBER 5, 2005

The electronic application will be deactivated at 12:01 AM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday,
December 6, 2005

You MUST submit your application before the stroke of midnight on Sunday, December 5, 2006.

Nice, more time for slackers such as myself, who has not written a SINGLE ONE of those dang short answer questions or essays!

ooohh yikes good luck!