Duke Status Page? Still waiting? You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an invitation to interview on Oct. 18th, so I'm sure more of you guys will be hearing soon. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad.

you have a time machine?

still nothing. grr. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
So here we are now at the beginning of the week that they told me I would hear something at the end of (how's that for gramatically correct), and I just signed on to the webpage and actually got butterflies while it loaded up my account (same old "you are being screened" business). Harboring the tiniest iota of hope is making me feel like such a jackass: all logic points directly to a rejection looming in my near future. So why won't they just DO IT already so I can buy my plane ticket to NC in good conscience? I can't believe this is driving me soooooo crazy; it isn't like me at all. Good thing I'll be all the way over in Winston-Salem or I'd stop by Duke to throw some punches or press ham before my Wake interview.

Hey Exene,

Calm the f*ck down!!! You will hear from them when you do, no need to keep posting messages. Actually, I am just a little less anal then you, so each time i see someone reply to this thread I think it is something important. IT always turns out to be another anal person. URGGG!

Originally posted by longhorn
Hey Exene,

Calm the f*ck down!!! You will hear from them when you do, no need to keep posting messages. Actually, I am just a little less anal then you, so each time i see someone reply to this thread I think it is something important. IT always turns out to be another anal person. URGGG!

Sorry, longhorn- didn't mean to alarm you. :rolleyes: I'll try to keep my posting to a minimum so as not to interfere with your receipt of important news.

Hey Exene,

bump...to get longhorn to check the thread:laugh:

I'm here waiting like everyone else...

Hey, what's with all the anal stuff going on in here. This thread was bound to get at least a little venting (and general BSing) here and there, after all, Duke isn't exactly filling our inboxes with a ton of information every day to post on here. So please, bump up and vent as you please. But please work diligently and do it within the next 2 to 3 weeks. :p

Hey longhorn.. you checked it for no reason again!
hehe

Sorry about that comment Exene... I started this thread not only with the intention of getting some up-to-date status info.. but of course, as a way to share my stress, etc.

Stil nothing :(

kreno
+pissed+

ive been checkin it after each new post ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dear Longhorn V.,
Upon viewing your application, I really don't think Duke will take you, and since you keep saying that you wouldn't go even if you were accepted, you need to stop whining. Concentrate on Baylor and act like you've got something hanging down there.

Any news anyone?

Cmon, lets be nice to Longhorn....

kreno

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to beat down someone for voicing the same concern plaguing many of us. I don't know about you, well actually we all do now, but seeing people post with the same frustrations that I have gives me solace.

In other words, no need to be such a d!ck. Maybe, your just having a bad day, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

are you sure about this?
I submitted my AMCAS to duke on Oct 15. I'm still waiting for them to say I can fill out their stupid secondary. whats the deal?
I cant wait forever!!! :mad:
Originally posted by Exene

2.) Duke does not deny ANYONE the opportunity to fill out a secondary. Last year was the last time they screened anyone out of the secondary pool.

-Ex

Sorry to bump 'er up again, but has anybody heard yet?? That adcom woman who told me I would hear by "the end of next week" (now two weeks ago) obviously was not talking about MY application, but I can't believe she just pulled that notification date out of her arse. That is, it seems at least one of us would have heard something on or around the date she specified.

-Ex
PS I am freakin' sick of looking at that dumb status page photo with the doc and that little girl. And their misspelling of "pertinent." I hope when they finally do post my rejection, the picture changes to the doc and little girl giving me the finger.

Yeah, don't believe that "your application should be finished screening in a week". I heard that from an admissions lady a month and a half ago, and still no word.

I just checked my status page and found a rejection letter in the box beneath the photo of the Dr. and child. They aren't flipping me off, so I feel much better...

ow ... me too.

Me three. I just now found that rejection notice under that picture of the doctor. Which I was expecting since Duke was my dream school and way out of my league. But it was still kinda sad. Since it was my first rejection and it was my dream school so I had some small hope that I could somehow miraculously get an interview there. But whatever. I have 4 interviews coming up so I guess I'm doing okay. Good luck to the rest of you people! Don't lose hope!:) :)

At least they are doin something over in Durham

i just checked my status page too... but it's still the same "application in screening...2-3 wks but can be longer" message. i'm glad that it's not a rejection, but the further wait is frustrating me even more. AHHHH! :mad:

VirtuoJ,
I feel your pain, but right now no news is good news. Anyone(other than Duke Undergrads) get an interview to Duke yet(straight MD)? Also, for those who were rejected when did you complete the secondary and did you have a legitimate shot at DUke or was it a long shot??? Thanks

I haven't gotten an interview, but I have a friend who went last week. (WashU undergrad). She definitely has a real shot, has already interviewed at Emory, Vanderbilt, UW, and more. I think her app was complete in July or August. She said the interview was tough though and doesn't think it's going to be a good result. As for me, I'm waiting like everyone else on here it seems....

Someone asked if any non-Duke undergrads had been interviewed and what their stats were, so I thought I would offer my info if it's any help at all.

Emory undergrad class of 02. 3.95 Science and non-science
MCAT 9v 12p 12b Rws
Some honors research, but nothing huge
Spending my year tutoring at a boarding school
RA in college and involved in an arts group.

That's me in a nutshell.

I was complete in mid-August and invited in mid-September.

I'm sorry Duke is being a pain in the butt for so many. I'm in the same situation with several other schools, so I feel the pain.

Originally posted by Exene
Hey guys,
Again, sorry to dredge this thing up from the (relative) SDN boneyard, but can a few of the people who have received actual word of rejection from Duke post when your app was moved to screening? Mine was moved 5 Sept, and still nothing. I'm curious to know how long it took other people. Thanks-

-Ex

My application was moved to screen on 8/20. Screening completed on Novemebr 13th...Rejection (no interview)

Good luck-

just wanted to throw myself into the fray:

Duke App moved to screening Oct 3

DukeApp... has not moved FROM screening since:)

I am definately hoping for an interview... school looks great on paper (and some say even better in person)

Reasonable Tom says: 'patience is a virtue'
Cranky Tom says: '^&*% patience, I've been patient for 3.5 years'
Reasonable Tom: ' So what's a few more months?'

deuces,

Tom

my app was moved to screening on aug 20, and yet still no word. i got impatient and emailed the admissions officer, here was their less-than-helpful response:

"Your application is complete and we have received your recs. The screening
process is taking much longer than they expected this year. We are hoping
that the screening will be caught up in the next week or two."

Keep in mind that when I called and talked with someone at the admissions office two weeks ago, they told me the same thing! ARG... pisses me off!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

duke is sending out rejections - and they are behind according to the admissions lady. even though amcas was sliky smooth for most of us - it was still a nightmare on their end. they are dealing with the problem, but its slowing things down like last year.

OK here is an easy way to tell what the heck is goin on. Are there any strong applicants(3.9, 35 plus, research, etc) who were moved to screen in either august or september who have not heard anything. If there are a few there still might be hope for the rest of us

I am still expecting rejection just because it has been so long. Went into screening early September.

OK here is an easy way to tell what the heck is goin on. Are there any strong applicants(3.9, 35 plus, research, etc) who were moved to screen in either august or september who have not heard anything. If there are a few there still might be hope for the rest of us

3.85, 36, lots of research + ecs. completed in late August, and still no word yet. damn you duke!!! :mad:

Yeah, this has become for me more of a what the hell is wrong with Duke kinda annoyance rather than something I really care about! Jeez Virtuoj - hang in there!

NiteMagi - you mean you got a rejection before they sent you anything via snail mail? I'm sorry dude. That's kinda not cool - I mean, this process is impersonal enough, but the least they could do is send a real letter eh?

Another question - those of you who have SWEET stats, besides Virtuo - have any of you not heard anything yet?

Thanks!

jeez, I never thought this random thread would have so many posts.

Originally posted by kreno

Another question - those of you who have SWEET stats, besides Virtuo - have any of you not heard anything yet?

Fairly sweet stats, no word.

Originally posted by kreno

Still nothing. :rolleyes:

By the way, how sweet is sweet?

Dr. Chooch,

You are a bad ass, I don't feel so bad if you have not heard yet

Duke is non-rolling so it might take a while.

Dr. Chooch,

You are a bad ass, I don't feel so bad if you have not heard yet

Hehe, I don't think I'm a badass, but I do have 100 posts! Yeah baby! All this med school crap is just random anyway. Hopefully Duke will pull all of our names out of the hat. :p

I feel a glimmer of hope right now, because I just got an interview from UPENN even though my app had been complete since late July, early August.

Who knows what these schools are thinking?

If anyone hears, please let us know.

still hate duke. they're ridiculous. haven't heard anything yet. and i spent SOOOOOOOO much time on those ESSAYS!

i feel you dr chooch.

i'm still waiting here...checking the status page each fricking day...and it's always the same thing. it's been 13 weeks!!!

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Just so you know someone else is in the same boat as you, I submitted my secondary on August 16th (yes, I said August). I have a 37, a 3.9 and solid ECs/leadership/clinical exposure. I've already gotten into Stanford and Emory, had interviews at 4 other schools, and am STILL waiting to be invited to Duke. I've given up trying to call them. Good luck on your end...keep me posted.

Hello,

I have a friend who has a 29R (9-10-10) MCAT with a 3.87 GPA from a public university. He interviewed at Duke a few weeks ago...he's not even an instate resident. Now that's random!

- Focus