Duke Status Page? Still waiting? You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Asian american.

Members don't see this ad.

the real question is: Has anyone recieved a post-secondary rejection?

Either the wait is good, or it's normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Duke is not on rolling admissions, just to remind you all. And there's no preference for instaters, however, there might be some preference for Duke undergrads, about 20 per class.

But, I still haven't heard either, and it's my alma mater.

Good luck to you all!

Yo everybody, I got an interview! Wow, that didn't take too long or anything. Just in case you didn't hear originally, I was complete on August 20, so there is still hope if you haven't heard yet. They updated my status page yesterday. Waiting for almost 4 months dude, whoa.

Jeez! that is a long time. I was complete on Aug 20th also - but still no word! CRAZY!

grr...

At least there's hope still!

I was complete Aug 20th as well, and still no word! Those bastards!

Dr. Chooch - congrats for the interview and for surviving that 4 month wait! did you hear by email or did you just check the status page?

I was away in St. Louis for a few days, then came back to an email from them. I looked at the status page and it shows up there too...I don't know which one happens first, the email or the status page, but in any case I thought it would be good news for everybody still waiting. :)

My application was complete in mid-November, and i got my interview invite recently via email. (tears of joy)

if i can get it, you can get it: there's hope for everyone. be patient:)

btw, i don't recommend calling them up. I called them up once, and the guy i talked to on the phone was not polite at all. In fact, I have never talked any admissions office personnel as rude as the guy:mad: aargh.... anyway, i hope he is not someone who would interview me.

I just got my interview, too. I guess they're finally getting things in gear. I was completed as of August 16th, so it took almost 4 months.

*ANY* day now I should be hearing *SOMETHING*! Jeez - i was complete the 20th of Aug and still nothing... it's so weird how they work down there. Whoever is "rating" my application i hate 'cuz s/he's taking too much time!

right there with you kreno. complete aug 20 and waiting as patiently as i can. we are both probably being reviewed by the same slow *******.

AFTER 99384397834 POSTS I HAVE *FINALLY* GOTTEN AN INTERVIEW AT DUKE! WOO!!! Too bad the first available interview date is freaking Feb 28th! But that's okay! WOO! My app was complete on Aug 20th! Crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Dook rolling?

i finally got a duke invite after about 4 months of waiting!!! i found out just yesterday. kreno... i think you and i hold the records for waiting the longest to hear from duke. :D

must be rolling...i just logged in and see i was rejected :(

Congrats Kreno. Sorry to hear you were rejected Brutus. I am still waiting, waiting, waiting....I have obssesive compulsive mail/ email/status check disorder. This really sucks. I called and they said they would have everything updated by next week.

Congrats Kreno. I gotta give you props for starting the thread that I obsessively looked at about 50 times a day for what seemed like 8 years. ;)

kreno,

I think feb. 28 is their last day available to interview, is that correct?

yeah... the 28th of feb. talk about the bottom of the barrel eh? i wonder if that puts us at a significant disadvantage. obvously i'm not their best applicant! ha! but... interviewing on the *VERY* last day! JEEZ!

Yeah, It's sorta cool when you start a thread and it lasts so long! Freaking duke!

welp, i'll be at DOOK feb28th. anyone else?

Nope....still waiting...I've come to the conclusion that I will be seeing the rejection page soon....Even if I got an interview, I don't know if I could spare the money now. Why is dookie doing this to me????:oops:

yeah i hear you. i'm starting to ponder if i should not interview now... because 1) my stats are lower than duke's averages... and 2) they only accept 1 out of 5 interviewees. That's not good odds... given the fact the school is so far away and i have chances at other schools.

So i just scheduled the 28th of feb... my roommate suggested i make spring break out of the occasion... drive down to mrtyle beach after or maybe florida (i'm from detroit). dunno... grr.. stress!

i just can't turn down a USNEWS school ranked at number 5, however... that would be horrible. i have to at least see how i like the school.

so with that.. DOOK!

Just got back from a Wake interview to see that I have been rejected by Dook. Oh well, Wake's nicer anyways. :p

And in case anyone is wondering about Wake...it's true. The cookies are fantastic. :D

Complete in early August - just received invite the other day:)

Finally got the reject page last week....after all this time!!!!:mad: +pissed+ +pissed+
I hate Dook

complete in October . . . just got the invite today.

definitely a surprise. between this one and my UNC out-of-state invite, I'm beginning to think there's something about my app that screams "I want to go to North Carolina!"