Dukes Anonymous :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to you all. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Man, so much for quick and painless...

Members don't see this ad :)
current duke ms here...it's possible that the person above did indeed receive a call yesterday morning. the decisions have been made as of yesterday morning, but packets are being mailed out today and tomorrow from what i hear (and possibly yesterday afternoon). as usual, acceptance letters are going out first, then i assume waitlist letters will go out next week, but i'm just guessing on the waitlist stuff. when i received my letter 3 years ago, it only took it one day to get to me, but i was already living in durham, so that was not a huge surprise (other than the fact that i actually got an acceptance letter). continue to be patient, some of you should be getting letters very soon! hang in there!

come onnnnn ... big money ... big money ... no whammy no whammy

Looks like people should start receiving letters by the weekend? I'm not expecting one because the more I reflect, the worse I feel I did on my interviews (it was the end of my interview season and I was pretty exhausted) but I loved Duke so much I'm trying to hold on to hope. It will be nice to at least have answers soon!

Just got the call from RW. Maybe that means letter were sent today, or maybe that means they are set to arrive today. Either way, good luck everyone. I look forward to seeing you at second look.

BTW I interviewed early November.

ya so i just scrolled up and looks like someone already cleared up the letter situation. sorry to confuse.

Congratulations! Are they calling everyone?

He e-mailed you first, then called? Could you clarify?

It just asked me to call when i got a chance, then I called and they said they just wanted to let me know i was in. the email was rather personalized, not automated or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks and congrats! i wonder what that means for those of us who didn't get an email...

right on thx. i dont think it means anything i wouldnt about it.

thanks and congrats! i wonder what that means for those of us who didn't get an email...
If you look at last year's thread, most of those posters were not called and found out by regular mail. Also, rejections WERE sent USPS also, so I'm not sure you can trust any info on the DukeMed website.

I imagine that they're calling/emailing their highest priority applicants or those whom share some connection with Duke (their undergrads, legacy, etc.). Maybe there's hope for the rest of us?

Yah I'd expect not everyone gets a phone call. This means the neurotic checking of mailboxes can begin, however.

callmedonnie did you have any special connection with Duke, or did you perhaps interview with RW?

Few more minutes until the PO boxes have the first class mail sorted...

*heart explodes*

me too. the mailman is here right now

Ha.. I have to wait 5 more hours until I get my mail. Goodluck!

OK all you crazy pre-meds... here is the real deal. They have started calling a few people. They are going to send acceptances in two rounds. One starting now... and then one maybe a week or so from now. So acceptances are going out so be on the lookout.

So acceptances are being mailed today. Do you know if any have been mailed before today? Thanks for the info

Nothing in the mail today, although at this point I'm not sure if it was possible to have received something.

i just called the admin office asking about my letters .... the secretary asked me for my name ... and her response was "Oh your name sounds familiar ... yeah we got them"

I hope that means it sounds familiar because of an acceptance!!!!

ok ... just hoping ...hahah ... i reallly need to get a life

got the future dr callmedonnie in the mail today, looks like everyones should be coming soon

thanks for the info...i imagine your package to your duke campus mail box? or do you live in nc..

Wow, so it has begun. this is pretty exciting. Good luck to you all who have interviewed and are waiting to hear!!

I finally got my interview stuff worked out a couple days ago. According to an email I got from them, there were ~15 of us who they couldn't schedule regional interviews for so they are allowing one more day only, march 10, for us to come interview. they said this would be the absolute last, final interview day. I'm pretty happy I'm getting a chance to interview on campus now! (I know this is kind of unfair to those who had to have a regional interview, sorry!)

I'm pretty happy to hear that they will be sending out acceptances in two rounds, one this week and one next. Hopefully I will stand a chance being there on the last interview day!

btw did anyone stay at brookwood inn and know how far/bad of a walk it is from there to the admissions office in Duke South?
I kind of wanted to stay with a student but felt bad asking them to set it up less than a week before my interview.

Wow, so it has begun. this is pretty exciting. Good luck to you all who have interviewed and are waiting to hear!!

I finally got my interview stuff worked out a couple days ago. According to an email I got from them, there were ~15 of us who they couldn't schedule regional interviews for so they are allowing one more day only, march 10, for us to come interview. they said this would be the absolute last, final interview day. I'm pretty happy I'm getting a chance to interview on campus now! (I know this is kind of unfair to those who had to have a regional interview, sorry!)

I'm pretty happy to hear that they will be sending out acceptances in two rounds, one this week and one next. Hopefully I will stand a chance being there on the last interview day!

btw did anyone stay at brookwood inn and know how far/bad of a walk it is from there to the admissions office in Duke South?
I kind of wanted to stay with a student but felt bad asking them to set it up less than a week before my interview.

I stayed in the brookwood inn, they have a free shuttle that takes you right to the admissions office. Or you can walk(probably a 10 minute walk, not sure) if the weather is nice and Im sure it will be!

university inn is cheap too - I think I paid $69, and it's across the street from the med center. decent lodgings.

university inn is cheap too - I think I paid $69, and it's across the street from the med center. decent lodgings.

Yeah I stayed there too for my interview. They have a van that takes you to the clinic and can come and pick you up in the afternoon.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting!!

good to know. thanks for the info!

Good luck guys, and congratulations to those who got in!

Best of luck to everyone! Just remember: if you don't get an acceptance now, never underestimate the waitlist and the number of applicants that get off it...in fact, at least three of the 5 or 6 most frequent Duke SDNers were waitlisted.

And if Duke isn't in the cards for you, no sweat...I'm sure you'll all make great doctors from any of the other fine 126+ medical schools.

I'd still ask if you can be placed with a student if that's what you'd prefer. Last year I took students on like a one day notice. I'd even offer to host you, but I'm not going to be here Sunday night.

Also, the brookwood inn is right across the street from Duke North, which is connected to Duke South, and the walk in between is possible the most confusing thing ever, so I'd be sure to ask for directions from someone before you try to figure that out. I will note here that I am incredibly directionally challenged, so perhaps others might not feel the same way about how confusing the walk is.

I'd still ask if you can be placed with a student if that's what you'd prefer. Last year I took students on like a one day notice. I'd even offer to host you, but I'm not going to be here Sunday night.

Also, the brookwood inn is right across the street from Duke North, which is connected to Duke South, and the walk in between is possible the most confusing thing ever, so I'd be sure to ask for directions from someone before you try to figure that out. I will note here that I am incredibly directionally challenged, so perhaps others might not feel the same way about how confusing the walk is.

I thought the walk from the street side to the admissions office was really long and twisty. I'd be impressed with anyone who could find it just from directions. Even though I wasn't staying with my host until the night after the interview, he actually walked me to the school from Brookwood and all the way to the admissions office. He was very nice, and I don't know if I could have found it otherwise.

thanks for the map, now I actually know where to go! haha. I was going to go to the hospital south building, get lost, and show up late to my interview!

Actually, now I'm probably going to take the free shuttle that was mentioned.

thanks for the map, now I actually know where to go! haha. I was going to go to the hospital south building, get lost, and show up late to my interview!

Actually, now I'm probably going to take the free shuttle that was mentioned.

Oh, even if you get to south, never fear, there are still PLENTY of opportunities to get lost.

Oh, even if you get to south, never fear, there are still PLENTY of opportunities to get lost.

:lol: No doubt about that. I got lost before the interview AND orientation. Don't worry about getting lost though chinny; the worst that happens is you'll miss the morning pep talk. Interviews aren't until the afternoon. :thumbup:

:luck: again y'all!

:lol: No doubt about that. I got lost before the interview AND orientation. Don't worry about getting lost though chinny; the worst that happens is you'll miss the morning pep talk. Interviews aren't until the afternoon. :thumbup:

:luck: again y'all!

He won't miss much as all if it went like my day. They told us to be there at like 7:45 to make our badges but they didn't and so we just waited until the day really started at 8:30.

Eee!!! I just found out that they sent out the first round of admissions offers this week, and I had to return to SDN to see how everything was going. My boyfriend interviewed a few of the admitted MSTP applicants, and he said if they're any indication of the incoming class, it's going to be an absolutely amazing class.

I'm so excited for you all! Good luck, guys!!!

I'm living abroad this year and letters from the US take 14 days to reach me! Argggghhh! The wait is terrible. I thought Duke said no calls regarding admission decisions. Am really curious to know why they went against their own policy this year. How many people are they calling, do you know?

Well, to be honest, the website hasn't been updated in at least seven or eight years, so I'd be hesitant to take anything that's written on the website as official, current policy. I think the general policy is no phone calls, but I do believe there are a lucky few who, for some reason or another, get their initial notification via phone.

Last year, they sent us all letters, and we got phone calls the following week. For those who hadn't yet gotten their mail, the call was the first they had heard about their acceptance. I believe the specifics vary from year to year, but they've been sending out those fat yellow "To the Future Dr." so-and-so for years, so I'd look for that. Some years they call everyone, some years they don't. I guess it depends on the workload in admissions?

Well, to be honest, the website hasn't been updated in at least seven or eight years, so I'd be hesitant to take anything that's written on the website as official, current policy. I think the general policy is no phone calls, but I do believe there are a lucky few who, for some reason or another, get their initial notification via phone.

Last year, they sent us all letters, and we got phone calls the following week. For those who hadn't yet gotten their mail, the call was the first they had heard about their acceptance. I believe the specifics vary from year to year, but they've been sending out those fat yellow "To the Future Dr." so-and-so for years, so I'd look for that. Some years they call everyone, some years they don't. I guess it depends on the workload in admissions?

Thanks for the info!

He won't miss much as all if it went like my day. They told us to be there at like 7:45 to make our badges but they didn't and so we just waited until the day really started at 8:30.

Hah, this just reminded me of my interview day when we made badges. I think the secretary was just trying to entertain herself, because she got incredibly close to all of our faces with her camera and as a result we all looked really uncomfortable and weird. It was pretty funny.

Wonder how long it will take letters to get to Illinois. I really hope I get into Duke because I am strongly considering it just based on how personable the entire administration is. Good luck all!

A big envelope from Duke came in the mail yesterday...addressed to my boyfriend:( (for a PhD program) What a tease!