Dumb question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noodleface

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my schools wants me to send in a letter accepting the acceptance of a school that says accepting the position will me by all existing policies, procedures, and regulations. This doesn't make me obligated to attend the school, right? I won't be penalized for withdrawing/accepting another school's offer if I accept my place at this one school? Nothing can bind you to one school (before May 15th) except some sort of early decision program, right?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One of my schools wants me to send in a letter accepting the acceptance of a school that says accepting the position will me by all existing policies, procedures, and regulations. This doesn't make me obligated to attend the school, right? I won't be penalized for withdrawing/accepting another school's offer if I accept my place at this one school? Nothing can bind you to one school (before May 15th) except some sort of early decision program, right?

Thanks!

By AAMC's rules, you are not bound until May 15th. I've heard that from about 2 ad com directors.