Dyachei's Anesthesia Class WW - Back to Basics

Started by dyachei
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thanks for the game @dyachei it was fun while it lasted. @LetItSnow and I were actually working well together, too bad it didn't last long.. :laugh:

To @thedrjojo :

tumblr_lkjmwiDtjs1qf2uuzo1_400.gif



To @Flim Flam Man :

well_done_sir.gif


bHJAd6y.png



Also, what was peejlit saying in the video?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the game dy! Always a blast playing with you lovely folks.
 
ahh yes go FFM!! Though I wish I was alive for the end, I figured converting the seer would be our best chance, go wolves!! I feel like I'm never on the winning side :soexcited:

Thanks dy for a fun game!
 
I sure as **** didn't believe rojo. Idk why, just seemed suspicious I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the game that was you me Wildzoo and Mad Jack left, you were posting fairly angrily if I recall (may be mistaken) and were a wolf.

Yeah, maybe just a recent thing. Think I was the last wolf in that game. Otherwise I usually troll.

Things used to get pretty heated. I can be kind of a dick.
 
So who was the idiot protector who didn't protect me? Was that Rojo?



It has more to do with game design.
That would be rojo


Idk, I think in some cases it might have a little to do with a lot of people being too busy to really pay close attention to what's going on. But I could be wrong.
 
To be fair the first time I used it on you, I had no clue what it did. I was told I was blocked night 1 when I used it on jojo, but it went through Anyway? I was confused nonetheless
I'm kidding, I mostly enjoyed myself, though it was very inconvenient to have to post in gifs on the day when people were suspicious of me. And then not being able to post on the thread for a day was a bummer. But the poems were fun. I mean, I've experienced being completely silenced two days in a row in a game (no thread posts, no PMs) so this was nothing :laugh: And once I figured out it was you, I mostly just complained to try to make you feel bad 😛
 
I think it is similarly balanced to other SDN games with that ratio of around 1:4.5. But considering that traditional Werewolf/Mafia games were 1:10, I think we favor the wolves FAR too strongly.
I came across a Werewolf game irl and was shocked to see that it was set up for 10 players with one wolf. Although I think most online versions of the game are closer to a 1:5 ratio.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was 1:10 at the end but no one was suspicious of FFM

Yes, but to argue that that's the same as starting a game 10:1 wouldn't make sense. FFM had the advantage of having all the game up to that point to gain info and, in this case, Rojo vehemently defending him. 🙂

It's just a philosophical difference, really. Most people here seem to think balanced should mean 50:50 win rates for each side, and I think balanced would mean wolves win one on every 5 games or less. But I think it's silly to argue that I'm "right" or something since it depends completely in how you define "balanced".
 
So who was the idiot protector who didn't protect me? Was that Rojo?



It has more to do with game design.
I didn't know for sure I was the protector until I protected ffm, but I knew ffm was the name seer at the time of your request so figured to keep protecting him anyway. All I was told was I was to pick one person to warm each night... I assumed protector, but when Cyndia claimed to be the protector every other night to me, I found it plausible until she went too far and claimed to protect me
 
I didn't know for sure I was the protector until I protected ffm, but I knew ffm was the name seer at the time of your request so figured to keep protecting him anyway. All I was told was I was to pick one person to warm each night... I assumed protector, but when Cyndia claimed to be the protector every other night to me, I found it plausible until she went too far and claimed to protect me

I didn't plan to do that initially but the wolves forgot to send in a night action that night (we were all super busy with exams and stuff) so I thought id take advantage of our accidental no kill to pretend to prove myself. I honestly had no idea you were protector when I first fake revealed to you, so that was unfortunate lol. I guess I was super lucky you didn't know you definitely were the protector.

Also for the record wolves had zero abilities so that did make it a little tougher until we got some converts to share info.-
 
I can say that, for glycopyrrolate, I was told that I could target 1 dead player over the course of the game. I was trying to figure out what that meant (if dead means dead, what's the point of injecting?). I guessed that it was a resurrect or that I was chaos and took on the dead person's role.

The lack of alignment in my role threw me for a loop too. Are most villagers told their role with no alignment given? Do wolves or chaos at least get told what their alignment is?
 
I can say that, for glycopyrrolate, I was told that I could target 1 dead player over the course of the game. I was trying to figure out what that meant (if dead means dead, what's the point of injecting?). I guessed that it was a resurrect or that I was chaos and took on the dead person's role.

The lack of alignment in my role threw me for a loop too. Are most villagers told their role with no alignment given? Do wolves or chaos at least get told what their alignment is?
Most of the time if you're a villager your alignment is left out. You are told if you are a wolf and you are usually told if you are chaos or neutral.