JaWWs WW - Summer SWWashers Series #1 - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apoptosis09

She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to Amity Island!

1781830216408.png


Welcome to New England's premiere summer destination for sandy beaches, warm sun, and safe swimming for all ages!

Amity is your go-to destination for the best summer vacation you can have -- and our 50th 4th of July is right around the corner! Don't miss it!

Beach Rules | The Locals

 
Last edited:
Game Rules

1781830774356.png

General Gameflow

1. This game is inspired by the move and book Jaws, however, the game does not necessarily follow the plot, timeline, or pattern of the actual media. Similarly, write-ups may not precisely reflect in-game happenings as I reserve the right to embellish for funsies flavor.

2. Cycle Timing: 24 hour days, 24 hour nights. Cycles will close at 9pm EST and open at 10PM EST. Votes will not be counted once the SDN timestamp reads 9:00 (or 21:00 if you're fancy). Night actions are due at 9pm EST during the night cycle. The thread will be OPEN for chatter during the night cycle but may be locked between cycle closes and writeup postings.

3. Plurality vote is in place until YOLO (final day to yeet correctly), at which time a majority hammer vote will activate. However, if there is an overwhelming, unmoving wagon we may close early. Votes will never be locked in - feel free to unvote and vote again at your leisure (until hammer is activated at YOLO). Mods will post official tallies as we are able but it will help you and us to keep track yourselves as well.

4. Unless you have been told otherwise, your night actions cannot be used on yourselves, or on the same player on consecutive nights.

Rules

Note that these rules must be followed. We will not hesitate to enact punishment for breaking them, up to and including mod killing and restriction from signing up for future games if warranted.

1. The first and most important rule is that this is a GAME that is meant to be FUN. We understand that things can get heated and emotions can run high when we are accusing each other of murder, but there will be no tolerance for hostility, excessive appeals to emotion, or personal attacks on other players. If mods see that things are getting out of hand, we will ask the involved parties to take a break from the thread. It is much, much better if you can police yourselves and take breaks when you need them. If we have to step in, you can consider that your one and ONLY warning.

2. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread and your role PM unless you are specifically allowed to do so by the mods. You should also avoid discussing game strategy with people in real life.

3. Place votes in bold or ####between numerous octothorpes#### using the terms "vote" or "yeet". If you have already placed a vote, you must unvote to place a new one. "No vote" is not an option. Please tag your mods @apoptosis09, @reddeadrobin , and/or @kaydubs in your votes!

4. Participate, participate, participate. Please do your best to participate to the best of your ability/availability. Life does happen, so if things get busy let us know and send in contingency actions.

5. Subs are available for extenuating life circumstances only, not to replace ghosty players. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly. Do not post about it on the thread.

6. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to strategize on the thread. If you are going to post, you must post in asterisks
********
like this
********
Please limit the amount that you post, and limit content to fun comments or cheering for your team. Just as you should be careful with what you post after death, you should also be careful with what posts you like/react to. Use your best judgement, don't like posts with strategy in them. You would be surprised how what you say or like can sway players' thoughts, even if you think it is innocuous. So err on the side of caution.
DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME WITH LIVING PLAYERS ONCE YOU HAVE DIED.

7. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of PMs, including conversations with the mods, is not allowed. Screenshots are not allowed. Fake copy/pasting, quoting, and screenshots are not allowed either.

8. You may edit posts, but do not delete them, and do not edit yeet votes.

9. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted -- the thread will likely be locked between 9 and 10 PM anyway, but please respect the closing/opening times if I forget or am busy.
 
🏖️It is now Day 1 🏖️

1781831315215.png


Night falls on Amity Island, turning the sky a strange shade of blue-green that stretches over the quaint town with its patriotic ribbons and bunting, the harbor and her gently rocking boats, the mayoral mansion with its single light on, the quiet white house with the blue shutters, the dwindling beach party and the lazy folk music being played on the sand. The chilled Atlantic ocean air blowing through open windows, rustling curtains, blowing steam from late night cups of coffee, rousing dogs from their slumber; signalling a turn of tides. The calm before the frenetic motion of the Fourth of July weekend in a tourist beach community that desperately needs everything to go right.

Close to the island, just beyond the buoys that mark the sand bars, a dark fin cuts through the water ahead of the notched top of a tail fin, barely causing a ripple in the calm. It jars the buoy as it passes, causing the toll of the buoy’s bell. It echoes across the water, across the dunes, into the empty city center streets.

Elsewhere. In another place. The same wind blows a pen across a migratory map of Lamnidae, marking the pupping grounds of Atlantic mackeral sharks.

The quiet feels like a held breath, the anticipation before a firework shoots from its mortar. The still before the breaching attack from dark water. The first twitch of a fishline before the reel goes.

A lone phone rings in the dark Amity Police Station. It takes a minute for the deputy to shamble his way to the bull pen to the shrill ringing phone. Somewhere in a different room, Johnny Carson is getting laughs and his coffee is quickly forgotten.
“Amity Police. Deputy Hendricks speaking.”
“Hey, Lenny. It’s Harold Wiseman, I’ve got some drunk college kids in my yard screaming about finding a body. Can you get down here and see what’s going on? They’re disturbing the nag and she’s got to open the store tomorrow.”


🌊 Vote Closes at 9PM EDT Tomorrow, 6/19 🌊

🐠 11 Players Remain:


1. @Clem J
2. @CeeGee14
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @beans2020
5. @katiemcat
6. @fauna
7. @WildZoo
8. @genny
9. @HRH Queeb SAR
10. @GoSpursGo
11. @vampyrica

🦀Subs:
1. fruitsalad

🐚 Tots:
13. Barks
14. Kitz
15. MsP
16. Rae
17. shorty
18. samac

​
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Topical for both the game and me personally: please share your favorite all time vacation spot 🙂

For me the answer is South Africa!
Belize! I was partially there for work but the vacation bit in between and afterwards was lovely (and honestly the work was lovely too)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been doing research that involves cell lines-first time doing so and it's pretty cool-and I've gotta say these glioblastoma cells are growing on me. As nice as it was working with mice, I've never had a cell line scream, kick or try to bite me. The worst thing they can do is die
 
Topical for both the game and me personally: please share your favorite all time vacation spot 🙂

For me the answer is South Africa!
Same, also Africa. Specifically Kruger National Park. The Amazon rainforest is a close second.

EDIT: My dumb butt can't read. I somehow read this as the all time place I would like to visit for a vacation. Favorite actual vacation spot that I've been to would have to be Australia
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Topical for both the game and me personally: please share your favorite all time vacation spot 🙂

For me the answer is South Africa!
Love Sav/Tybee and Charleston because I can eat my weight in atlantic oysters and drink all the Saturns I please
 
Same, also Africa. Specifically Kruger National Park. The Amazon rainforest is a close second.

EDIT: My dumb butt can't read. I somehow read this as the all time place I would like to visit for a vacation. Favorite actual vacation spot that I've been to would have to be Australia
kruger was so amazing
 
Preemptive warning that I may be destroyed at close but I'll do my best to remain logical.
ok so if we are issuing warnings: im getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow! i may be, at best, absent and, at worst, high on drugs on the thread
Through tomorrow EOD will be 3am where I’m playing, so I should miss EOD tonight but should be ready to play normally by EOD2
Wait you've been to South Africa??
Jealous
That was our honeymoon! Our current trip (to Spain, our 10 year anniversary) is our first trip that is more than overnight since then without the Spurslings 😵‍💫
I've been doing research that involves cell lines-first time doing so and it's pretty cool-and I've gotta say these glioblastoma cells are growing on me. As nice as it was working with mice, I've never had a cell line scream, kick or try to bite me. The worst thing they can do is die
GL261? What is your research on?
Belize! I was partially there for work but the vacation bit in between and afterwards was lovely (and honestly the work was lovely)
10/10!
Same, also Africa. Specifically Kruger National Park. The Amazon rainforest is a close second.

EDIT: My dumb butt can't read. I somehow read this as the all time place I would like to visit for a vacation. Favorite actual vacation spot that I've been to would have to be Australia
10/10! Would love to go to Australia but those flights are awful. We restricted ourselves to direct flights out of Orlando.
Love Sav/Tybee and Charleston because I can eat my weight in atlantic oysters and drink all the Saturns I please
10/10!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad